Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: illini...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Shelton View Post
    Kind of curious about this - actually have an article in the works about format - so I'm interested in your thoughts here.

Me personally I prefer to see a complete show each night, than to see a show with qualifying and heats one night, and then b-mains and a feature the next night.

Please let me know your thoughts.

- Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    I really like the format at the Firecracker. Complete shows with qualifying each prelim night, and basically a complete show the final night sans qualifying, with the heats set up from a driver's best point total on one of the prelim nights.
    I like that format as well.
    -
    I think there are 2 different formats that are really good.

1). 1 or 2 full show prelim nights.
    Prelim Nights: Hot laps
    Qualifying (Group Qualifying or Start heats heads up from qualifying)
    Heat Races
    B-Main Consi's
    A-Main Feature

Night 3 - Big Show (last night of the weekend)
    Autograph Secession (2 hours before races start)
    2 Hot Lap Practices
    Heat Races (Started by accumulated points from the prelim nights or start heads up from qualifying)
    B-Mains
    Dash (Heat Race winners or start A-Main by a draw)
    A-Main Feature
    - - - - -
    2). Night 1 Practice for all divisions racing that wwekend

Night 2
    Hot Laps
    Heat Races (2 sets of heat races)
    Consi's
    A-Main

Night 3 - Hot Laps
    Autograph Secession
    Heat Races
    Consi's
    Dash
    A-Main
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Let it stay a complete show at 25 laps , then take the top 5 from that in a ten lap shootout for some extra cash.

Fans would love it.....not sure about the teams or promoters.

Would add a little to the 25 lap show format.
    BBQ, the 10 lap shootout would be good, especially if the money is substantial enough.

Or, how 'bout this, lock the top 3 from the preliminary night A-main into the night #2 A-main. That type of format insures, along with the purse, some blood and guts racing in the preliminary night A-main. Maybe have a 6 car invert for the night #2 A-main. The only down side for spectators is that those top 3 finishers won't be part of the heats and/or B-main on night #2. But on the upside it gives added incentive to getting to the front of the A-main on night #1. No chance of wrecking out of competition in the heats, etc., on night #2 if you're already locked in.

What happens to your formats when night #1 is ran after night #2 like this past weekend

If I recall correctly, the Illini 100 was 100 laps about three years ago. The track rubbered down for the last 25 laps. They cut them off and ran them on Fri as a full paid show. I thought it was a good solution to their problem. I thought these two races where pretty good for early year races. Especially Sunday race.

I think the $17,000 you're referring to was to be the previous week at LaSalle.

Two day shows with one feature are a total waste at this point. 65/35 lap split keep your 100 laps. Complete show each night.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Let it stay a complete show at 25 laps , then take the top 5 from that in a ten lap shootout for some extra cash.Fans would love it.....not sure about the teams or promoters.Would add a little to the 25 lap show format.
    Please no! This would start to resemble The Chase. That is called a Throphy Dash and you can't run that after the feature. Heats need to run the same day as the feature. That is one of the main reasons I haven't attended the Dirt Track World Championship.

I do know that FarmerCity was looking to make it better.. They do hear what people say... At that I think they will look at ways too make it even better....Ever year they try too fix more things at the track, but it takes time, and they had a lot to fix after years were nothing was done...Lance and the boys there work real hard.. it will take time to catch up with Fairbury . Fairbury had a long run at doing it better.. But now they are working on it real hard...When you see something that needs to be done there tell them in a nice way they will hear you and most likely try to fix it..If you are calling them names as you say it they will not even read it...Think People were Bitching and they changed it on the 100 I think they will try too fix it even more...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    If I recall correctly, the Illini 100 was 100 laps about three years ago. The track rubbered down for the last 25 laps. They cut them off and ran them on Fri as a full paid show. I thought it was a good solution to their problem. I thought these two races where pretty good for early year races. Especially Sunday race.
    I remember that, what you're saying makes perfect sense.

I generally refrain from entertaining a response to dopey questions asked by someone who shows explicit evidence of having played with themselves extensively throughout their life but we'll make the rare exception.

The answer would be always run preliminary night 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    I generally refrain from entertaining a response to dopey questions asked by someone who shows explicit evidence of having played with themselves extensively throughout their life but we'll make the rare exception.

The answer would be always run preliminary night 1st.
    The one thing is with the ILLINI it is run by the WoO not FarmerCity, so they are the ones that need to be bitch at for F up at this race...The way i under stand it is they lease the track for this race...

That's what I've been told as well, Gary.

Illini is completely ran by WoO. Farmer City officials have no say in how it is ran. When they cancelled on Friday, the track officials were the last to know. So if you are bitching about anything with the Illini whether it be the format or anything of that nature, WoO is the one to complain to. Farmer City Raceway has improved a ton in the last couple of years and will just continue to get better!!!

WOO running it is the exact reason I didn't go.

How about " odd and even " features for night 1.. then the next night, the 2 winners start on the front row... and a couple of "last chance " races... .. something like the old Santa Fe Speedway used to do !.. How about it ! :-)

Santa Fe Speedway I Loved that place Man I miss it...

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    I generally refrain from entertaining a response to dopey questions asked by someone who shows explicit evidence of having played with themselves extensively throughout their life but we'll make the rare exception.The answer would be always run preliminary night 1st.
    We'll... Do you have multiple personalities? This must be how u keep your limit to too much masturbation under control

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    We'll... Do you have multiple personalities? This must be how u keep your limit to too much masturbation under control
    Maybe he'll write us a novel on it.

Quote Originally Posted by B_K View Post
    I think the $17,000 you're referring to was to be the previous week at LaSalle.Two day shows with one feature are a total waste at this point. 65/35 lap split keep your 100 laps. Complete show each night.
    Thank you! You is correct on that. Was LaSalle. Got the two mixed up! Thank you again!

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    We'll? We'll what? There has to be a snappy comeback in there somewhere. LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by bullring View Post
    Maybe he'll write us a novel on it.
    It's most plausibly the other way around. All indications are that you have vast personal experience to draw from thus very likely elevating you to expert status and it shows. There is no better learning tool than experience. No pun intended.

We'll also known as we will... Guess this one flew over your head Shakespeare.