For Immediate Release
Ben Shelton (msrmafia@gmail.com)
April 3, 2017

Tyler Clem Claims Historic Win with United Sprint Car Series

St. Petersburg, Florida (04/03/17) – 14-year-old, Tyler Clem made history over the weekend by becoming the youngest driver in the history of the United Sprint Car Series to win a feature event.

On Friday night Tyler Clem returned to Bubba Raceway Park (Ocala, Florida) to do battle with the USCS Outlaw Thunder Tour presented by K&N Filters. Charging to an 8-lap heat race win from the second row, Clem locked into the 2nd-starting spot for the 25-lap A-Main. Bringing home his first victory of the season, Tyler wheeled his way to the front, becoming the youngest winner in the history of the United Sprint Car Series. Thomas Kennedy, Jordon Mallet, Tony Stewart, and AJ Maddox completed the Top-5 finishers.

The following night against a field of 27 cars, Tyler advanced six positions in his heat race, landing a 2nd-place finish behind Thomas Kennedy. Rolling off 4th in the USCS Hoosier Speed Dash, Clem stormed to the win, which positioned him on the pole for the main event. He would battle for the lead early in the event before bad luck struck.

As Tyler made the pass for the top spot, the leader hit the slick and pushed up the track. The two cars made contact with Clem wheel-hopping the leader, which sent him up the track and into the wall. Despite having a bent and cracked frame, Tyler still rebounded to register a Top-5 finish. Clem crossed the line in 4th behind Tony Stewart, Danny Martin Jr., and Mitch Brown with Terry Witherspoon finishing 5th.

“Saturday night was a little disappointing, but still it was an incredible weekend for our team,” said Clem. “It’s a big honor to be not only the youngest winner ever with the tour but also to beat such a strong field of drivers. I want to thank my family, my team, my sponsors, and all of my fans for their awesome support.”

Full results from the events are available at www.USCSRacing.com .

This Saturday Tyler will return to Bubba Raceway Park (Ocala, Florida) for a $1,000-to-win, Late Model event. For more information on the event, please visit www.BubbaRacewayPark.com .

Tyler Clem and Clem Racing Inc. would like to thank all of their principle and associate sponsors including Miller Welders, K&N Filters, Rent ‘N Roll, WingHouse, Shooters World, Vahlco Wheels, Hedman Hedders, Stanton Race Engines, Keyser Manufacturing, Rocket Chassis, Sunoco Fuels, Braille Battery, JE Pistons, Ferrea Valves, Whelen Engineering, 1-800-Ask-Gary, Tony Stewart Racing, Elder Ford, Leaf Race Wear, Winters Racing Products, Bell Helmets, Aurora, Dan Olson Racing Products, Impact, Race Optics, Red Line Synthetic Oil, Stepp’s Towing, BR Motorsports, AR Bodies, DB Plugs, Jones Racing Products, Ole NE Jewelers, Callies Performance Products, Willy’s Carburetors, Toyo Tires, Durst Motorsports, Gates Belts, Butlerbuilt Seat Systems, Zero Error Racing, Superior Bearing & Supply, AR Bodies, NGK Spark Plugs, and MSR Mafia Marketing & Website Services.

For more information on Tyler Clem, please visit his official website at www.TylerClem.com .