For Immediate Release:
April 4, 2017

Tyler Bare and team remain perfect since opening their Mid-Atlantic season… 50 Years of Bare Family Racing to be celebrated this Sunday, April 9th at The Eastern Museum of Motor Racing during the museum’s monthly roundtable event.

After spending a long January weekend racing in Florida, Tyler and his team took a well-earned break, not only to get caught up around the farm, but also to prepare the team’s Rocket Chassis XR1 for the long season ahead. During the last five decades, three generations of the Bare Family have raced out of the shop located on the family farm in Rockbridge Baths, Virginia. The constant belief throughout the past 50 years has been the notion that the key to success is preparation with most races being won in the shop during the week prior. Whether you believe that or not, success hasn’t strayed from that way of thinking for the family that is sitting with over 450 wins and counting, racing out of the same building nestled within the beautiful Shenandoah Valley.

Booper Bare Racing’s 2-month hiatus from competition ended on March 25th when the team decided to enter a RUSH Late Model sanctioned event at the Winchester Speedway. The decision to race that cold Saturday night turned out to be a pretty good one as by the end of the night, Tyler had parked the Southlex Cattle Co./Conner Produce No. 30 in victory lane after backing up his heat win by leading all 20 laps of the feature in a dominating fashion.

After closing out March with a bang the team decided to spend the first day of April at Virginia Motor Speedway for their season opener. With the field set through qualifying, Tyler would roll off 3rd on the grid in his JTB Hauling/KRS Graphics Rocket XR1. Taking the lead early on, Tyler would spend the last 10 laps of the 35-lap race running side by side, through traffic with defending VMC Champion Justin Williams. The duo would put on a show for the fans and battle right down to the end, racing 3 wide with a lapped car towards the checkered. Tyler would get there first, winning by a scant .218 of a second in one of the most exciting races at VMS in a long time.

“My guys have worked their tails off the past few months” said the 22-year-old Bare, when reached by phone at the family race shop. “We took a few months off after Florida to prepare for this season and I think it shows. We’ve been fast the moment we’ve unloaded the past two weeks. This past Saturday’s race was intense, I hoped the fans loved that one. Justin (Williams) is one of those guys I’ve raced against a lot and we always run each other clean. I know we were inches apart for what seemed like 200 laps but we still respected each other while running that hard. There’s not many you can do that with. This Rocket XR1 is such a great piece and we’re still learning it every week so I only see us getting better as the season goes on. I can’t thank Mom, Dad & Grandpa for allowing me this opportunity to do what I love. Every one of the companies you see on this car are such an important part of our success and I am honored to be able to carry them along. I specially want to thank Mark (Richards) & Steve (Baker) at Rocket and Brian (Daugherty) from Integra. They answer the phone every time we call and have really helped get me comfortable in this new car” added Tyler.

This coming weekend is a busy one for Tyler as well as Booper and Tom. The team will head back to Virginia Motor Speedway on Saturday for a $3,000 to win Fastrak National event, then on Sunday the 3 generations along with longtime friend Buzzy Walters will make the trip to the Eastern Museum of Motor Racing located in York Springs, Pennsylvania for their monthly roundtable discussion and open house. 2017 marks the Bare’s 50th year in racing as Tommy started his career along with the family legacy in 1967. The museum is full of racing memorabilia and approximately 100 restored race cars from all forms of motor racing. The exciting Bare roundtable discussion is open to the public and is free of charge. The event will take place from 1-3 this Sunday afternoon.

For more information on the Eastern Museum of Motor Racing check them out at www.emmr.org

Please keep up to date with results and information on Tyler’s twitter account at @TBareRacing30. Also, if you are on Facebook, check us out at Tyler Bare Racing.

2017 Stats:
Starts: 5
Wins: 2
Top 5: 3
Top 10: 4
11-15: 1
15-20: 0
DNF: 0

Tyler Bare and BBR would like to thank all of their Marketing Partners:
Blue Grass Farm, Abshire’s Handyman Service, Conner Produce Co., DeSigns, JTB Hauling & Excavating, K.R.S. Graphics, LEE-HI Truck Parts, May’s Garage, Rhodenizer Heating & Air, LLC., Southlex Cattle Company, Sunoco Race Fuels, Wood Heavy Equipment Co. along with associate support from… Beck-n-Rich Farm, Bill Weeks Garage, Brinn Transmissions, Bulldog Rear Ends, Close Racing Supply, HTMA/Hoosier Tires, Integra Racing Shocks, K’s Masonry, Kenny Lamb Racing Engines, Keyser Manufacturing, Rocket Chassis XR1 and Wiles Drive Shafts.

Prepared & distributed by KRS Graphics Motorsports Media