Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Hey Sycamore Speedway...

You've joind the ranks with the big boy tracks, whats the next step? Lucas date maybe?

You can do thi$$ !!

That would be.......AWESOME!!!
    #AnybodyButBobby

Races in 2021:

Illini 100 (WoO) @ Farmer City Raceway
    Diamond Jim 43 @ Wilmot Raceway (Dirt Kings)
    Truck Country 50 (LOLMDS) @ 300 Raceway- Farley, IA
    27th and 26th Double Down Dream @ Eldora Speedway (UMP Dirtcar)
    Silver Dollar Nationals @ I-80 Speedway (LOLMDS)
    Prairie Dirt Classic @ FALS (WoO)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Chadly329 View Post
    That would be.......AWESOME!!!
    Yeppers!!! I do see this happening in the very near future...

They do seem to be trying to get with the times down there. It started a few years back when they added a yellow flag to the flag rack.

The Sycamore Hell Tour race is a Tony Izzo promoted race with Sixteens Race Promotions

Quote Originally Posted by bullring View Post
    They do seem to be trying to get with the times down there. It started a few years back when they added a yellow flag to the flag rack.
    What you did there.........I saw it.

Pretty dang funny
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

They even have been naming classes more appropriately... Their "late models" a few years back were street stocks anywhere else and their "super lates" were more like sportsman.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Black F View Post
    You've joind the ranks with the big boy tracks, whats the next step? Lucas date maybe?

You can do thi$$ !!
    Now if their pit area was a little bit bigger and they get rid of the restriction on the size of a teams trailer.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    Now if their pit area was a little bit bigger and they get rid of the restriction on the size of a teams trailer.
    Plenty pit room. The area you see from the north end of the grandstands is not it's entirety. From the west side of the facility to McGough road (the old parking lot) is more then big enough. As for the big rigs... they been in there for the few big shows befor... They will be there for the SN.

Sycamore has a huge pit area and parking for what ever you can throw at it. If LaSalle, Fairbury and other tracks can handle big shows the likes of WoO, SN, and Lucas... I more then guarantee you Sycamore will have and has had no problem. Plenty room for larger campers as well.

Grandstands, bathrooms, concessions... more then adequate to handle the masses. I see week after week more people there then at some SN events.

I honestly think they could use more stands cuz the place will be packed

Will the Summer Nationals show be run on what they call the 1/2 mile or the smaller track?

The so called 1/2 mile will be the SN race

Quote Originally Posted by thexfactor0210 View Post
    The so called 1/2 mile will be the SN race
    Thanks xfactor, we appreciate the info.

We've never been to Sycamore but me thinks that will change this summer with the advent of their Summer Nationals show.

They have a pretty impressive schedule this year. Every Saturday night they have their 4 regular classes plus rotating at least one other class every week. 4 bar dirt late models, Badger midgets, Powri midgets (pretty sure it's D2 midgets), mini sprints, etc.

Only track I know of that runs twice a week and draws good crowds both nights.

Don't expect a true 1/2 mile.

I just did a google earth measurement. Around the bottom which is usually the preferred line I got .26 miles. Measuring around at the wall I got .3 miles. If a guy shows up with a half mile gear in his car he wont turn 5,000 rpms.

Funny as this sounds its basically true. Cars would be stalled dead in the middle of the track as the race went by them (sometimes getting plowed)... Mostly the 4 cylinders but it would happen in other divisions also. It's a miracle nobody was seriously injured or worse...

Thumbs up

I just did a google earth measurement. Around the bottom which is usually the preferred line I got .26 miles. Measuring around at the wall I got .3 miles. If a guy shows up with a half mile gear in his car he wont turn 5,000 rpms.
    After the 1 time I was there a few years ago I think Sycamore is about the size of Kankakee with just a little bit less banking
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Bet Dennis Erb Jr. will pull in saying "never thought I'd be pulling in here agian" lol

He had their SN on his schedule when I looked awhile back...

Quote Originally Posted by Black F View Post
    Bet Dennis Erb Jr. will pull in saying "never thought I'd be pulling in here agian" lol

He had their SN on his schedule when I looked awhile back...

Yea it still is if its the end of june
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!