Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Yea it still is if its the end of june
    Thats where it all started for him, at Sycamore and Santa Fe, with his dad.

Can't wait to see him run there!

Quote Originally Posted by Black F View Post
    Thats where it all started for him, at Sycamore and Santa Fe, with his dad.

Can't wait to see him run there!
    Does he usally run good there?
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Dennis runs pretty good everywhere, especially with his big wins as of recent years. His dad may have raced there some (I'm not an historian), but I don't know that Jr. ever did...? Like mentioned already, the so called "Super Lates" at Sycamore were really Sportsman cars, stock stub and all. They didn't quite coincide with the classes at Santa Fe, which is the way Joe wanted it. Only in recent years have they opened up those rules to allow a fabricated stubbed chassis, and the addition of the 4-bar cars.

Their opening night this year, with the addition of Modifieds, will be a good measuring stick as far as the pit arrangements go. Yes there is a good amount of land west of the traditional pit area, but it is also full of trees. I wish them luck nonetheless. They are doing great things in keeping dirt track racing alive in our area!

I will be there for the opener the 29th. A lot closer to home than Macon.

Exciting to see the improvements - nice job Sycamore Speedway!

Can't wait to see guys like Erb, Feger, Bobby, Unzicker, Weaver... hit this track!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Black F View Post
    Plenty pit room. The area you see from the north end of the grandstands is not it's entirety. From the west side of the facility to McGough road (the old parking lot) is more then big enough. As for the big rigs... they been in there for the few big shows befor... They will be there for the SN.

Sycamore has a huge pit area and parking for what ever you can throw at it. If LaSalle, Fairbury and other tracks can handle big shows the likes of WoO, SN, and Lucas... I more then guarantee you Sycamore will have and has had no problem. Plenty room for larger campers as well.

Grandstands, bathrooms, concessions... more then adequate to handle the masses. I see week after week more people there then at some SN events.
    Friday's "fun show" yes. Saturday night no.

I wish more people would come Saturday's to see actual racing. If 66 dont work out this year for the tour races. Sycamore next year

Quote Originally Posted by J20in1st View Post
    Friday's "fun show" yes. Saturday night no.

I wish more people would come Saturday's to see actual racing. If 66 dont work out this year for the tour races. Sycamore next year
    There getting spill over from Fri nights more and more by doing things like having a 4 bar run hot laps befor their "fun show" and during intermission. Sycamore has made big steps for their Sat night program... Thank you Sycamore!!