Default ponderosa/florence

headed to the spring nationals races apri 14-15 never been to either track or a ray cook series race what can i expect format car count cooler rules anything else that may help a 1st timer

I've only been in pits at ponderosa, so not sure. Florence sells beer but I think you can carry in small cooler at florence. I personally like both tracks florence doesn't mess around once they start, your usually out of there half way early
    T3G - Never Forget, Hardly Remember
    Eastbay (5)

Didn't care for format if same race I seen couple years ago. Top 6 qualifiers get front 3 rows. Think race was split with OMG series race

Quote Originally Posted by bill39 View Post
    headed to the spring nationals races apri 14-15 never been to either track or a ray cook series race what can i expect format car count cooler rules anything else that may help a 1st timer
    Will be happy at Florence . I mean they have good races at both but , much better at Florence .

It's a Ray Cook race so he will be sure to discourage any kind of passing or entertainment for the fans.

Wish they'd leave that format with them down south.

I've always been a fan of Florence. I've never been to Ponderosa. But you won't be disappointed with the racing at Florence. Its always been a good show when I've been there. I've seen a lot of good races there. I used to go to the Spring 50, North/South and the Fall 50 every year. Haven't been in a few years tho.
    Next Race: 3/31/18 "Bunny 20's" with Sprints, Late Models, Modifieds and Sport Mods
    *We will also be having an Easter Egg Hunt @ 3:00 so bring the kids out for a fun and enjoyable Saturday night as we open the 2018 race season*

Check out all pictures from Atomic Speedway on my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/luvracinBig...?ref=bookmarks

**Atomic Speedway Official Track Photographer**

Quote Originally Posted by BIGSTEVE00 View Post
    I've always been a fan of Florence. I've never been to Ponderosa. But you won't be disappointed with the racing at Florence. Its always been a good show when I've been there. I've seen a lot of good races there. I used to go to the Spring 50, North/South and the Fall 50 every year. Haven't been in a few years tho.
    Believe me, Ray Cook's snooze-fest format could make even the best tracks boring as hell.

It's a crying shame that Florence thinks that they need this poor format series for such a race. When Florence uses their passing points format, they have the best racing in the world. Why do they downgrade their racing for these bigger events? They even use passing points for the North South now, but not the $5,000 shows.

I've been to this race every year that they've had it and they don't use Ray'/ format. They have qualifying and heats like any other normal series.

I've never been to a Ray Cook Sanctioned event so I wouldn't know much about that part of it. But I do know that almost every race I've been to at Florence has been a good show.
    Next Race: 3/31/18 "Bunny 20's" with Sprints, Late Models, Modifieds and Sport Mods
    *We will also be having an Easter Egg Hunt @ 3:00 so bring the kids out for a fun and enjoyable Saturday night as we open the 2018 race season*

Check out all pictures from Atomic Speedway on my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/luvracinBig...?ref=bookmarks

**Atomic Speedway Official Track Photographer**

thanks for the info

For the Florence format, we will have a Dash for the fastest four qualifiers, Heat Races, a Last Chance Race and the 50-lap $5,000 to win Main event, the same format we used in 2014 when we were there. The 2015/2016 event was cancelled due to weather. Friday's format features a 40-lap Feature event at Ponderosa paying $4,000 to win.

Quote Originally Posted by RadioMan View Post
    For the Florence format, we will have a Dash for the fastest four qualifiers, Heat Races, a Last Chance Race and the 50-lap $5,000 to win Main event, the same format we used in 2014 when we were there. The 2015/2016 event was cancelled due to weather. Friday's format features a 40-lap Feature event at Ponderosa paying $4,000 to win.
    Is this payout for B-Mods?