Post POWRi/WAR Sprint Cars Release 2017 Schedule

http://www.onedirt.com/news/powriwar...2017-schedule/

A competitive total of thirty-one events will make up the Lucas Oil POWRi/WAR Sprints schedule in 2017. There are many exciting improvements in store for the future of the series as the fast approaching race season takes shape.

Four new venues will make their debut on the Lucas Oil POWRi/WAR Sprints 2017 schedule to complement the original WAR tracks from 2016. Valley Speedway in Grain Valley, Mo., will host 10 events throughout the coming season. The POWRi/WAR Sprints will also visit US-36 Raceway in Cameron, Mo., twice. Mid America Speedway in South Coffeyville, Okla., and Eagle Raceway in Eagle, Neb., will each see the POWRi/WAR Sprints once in 2017. While the many dedicated tracks, such as I-35 Speedway in Winston, Mo., and Lucas Oil Speedway in Wheatland, Mo., from the previous season continue their relationship with the fast-growing series.

The legendary Lucas Oil name becoming the new title sponsor has opened many new doors for the POWRi/WAR Sprints.

“We are thrilled to partner with such a great group of people that supports many different forms of auto racing all over the world,” said POWRi/WAR Series Director Casey Shuman. “It is an honor to have them on board. Their addition to 2017 propelled our year-end points fund to over $10,000! Which is a huge deal for these teams in the Midwest.”

The 2017 Lucas Oil POWRi/WAR Sprints Champion will be crowned on the final night of the three-day Hockett/McMillin Memorial event at Lucas Oil Speedway, September 21-23, 2017.

The famed “Dirty 30” MAVTV television show produced by the mastermind behind GoJackslash.com, Sean Buckley, is another new partner for the entire POWRi organization for 2017. POWRi and Buckley have partnered to televise several races this year, featuring a mixture of sprint car, midget and micro events. “We are excited to give our competitors the opportunity to race and represent their sponsors on national television,” said Shuman.

The POWRi TV schedule is being finalized, and will be released at a later date.

2017 Lucas Oil POWRi/WAR Sprint Car Schedule

April 8 Valley Speedway
    April 15 I-35 Speedway
    April 22 Valley Speedway
    May 5 Valley Speedwway
    May 6 Lucas Oil Speedway
    May 11 Lakeside Speedway
    May 13 Valley Speedway
    May 19 US-36 Raceway
    May 20 I-35 Speedway
    June 3 Valley Speedway
    June 10 I-35 Speedway
    June 17 Lucas Oil Speedway
    June 24 Valley Speedway
    June 30 Belle-Clair Speedway
    July 1 St. Francois Co. Raceway
    July 8 I-35 Speedway
    July 14 Valley Speedway
    July 15 Valley Speedway
    July 28 Mid America Speedway
    July 29 Springfield Raceway
    Aug 5 Randolph Co. Raceway
    Aug 12 Valley Speedway
    Aug 25 US-36 Raceway
    Aug 26 I-35 Speedway
    Sep 3 Bethany Fairgrounds
    Sep 8 Eagle Raceway
    Sep 9 I-35 Speedway
    Sep 16 Valley Speedway
    Sep 21 Lucas Oil Speedway
    Sep 22 Lucas Oil Speedway
    Sep 23 Lucas Oil Speedway

Hmmmm, this is getting confusing. The schedule above makes no mention of the June 1st POWRi National Midget/POWRi WAR Sprint Car/POWRi Division II Midget event at Fairbury American Legion Speedway or the April 27th POWRi National Midget/POWRi WAR Sprint Car/POWRi Division II Midget event. Both the FALS and Route 66 websites show these dates.

What are we to believe?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Hmmmm, this is getting confusing. The schedule above makes no mention of the June 1st POWRi National Midget/POWRi WAR Sprint Car/POWRi Division II Midget event at Fairbury American Legion Speedway or the April 27th POWRi National Midget/POWRi WAR Sprint Car/POWRi Division II Midget event. Both the FALS and Route 66 websites show these dates.

What are we to believe?
    Those dates you mentioned are for, "POWRi Lucas Oil WAR East Sprint Car Series Schedule".

http://www.4m.net/showthread.php?370...edule-Released

Okay, thanks. I wasn't aware there were different schedules for different geographical regions.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Okay, thanks. I wasn't aware there were different schedules for different geographical regions.
    No problem, thanks for posting.