Default Sad News - Tom Schmeh

I know this isn't LM specific, but since many of you visit the National Sprint Car Hall of Fame when in town for the Late Model Nationals in September I know some of you may be interested.

Tom Schmeh- the Curator of the Museum and formerly the Executive Director of the museum prior to Bob Baker's hire has fallen ill, was hospitalized, and moved to hospice last week and appears to have a very short time left.

For those that know him, please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

For those that don't, He was a big supporter of Knoxville adding the Late Models and was instrumental in the displays and forums during the Late Model Nationals since their inception and I'm sure he lent a hand to anyone that asked from the Dirt Late Model Hall of Fame as well.

vande077: glad you made the post. tough news to read.

Tom is a perfect example of the faceless names behind the scenes that receive little attention for the dedication and hard work they provide that is instrumental to the success of the venture lucky enough to have them.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Prayers for Tom, one of the best most loyal men you will meet in racing.

Good News - Tom has recovered enough to be discharged from the Hospital. Bad news - not enough to return to work. Tom will be moving to New York to live with his sister and be closer to family.

The community of Knoxville as well as the National Sprint Car Hall of Fame & Museum will miss him. Truly one of the best people I have ever had the opportunity to meet in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by vande077 View Post
    Good News - Tom has recovered enough to be discharged from the Hospital. Bad news - not enough to return to work. Tom will be moving to New York to live with his sister and be closer to family.

The community of Knoxville as well as the National Sprint Car Hall of Fame & Museum will miss him. Truly one of the best people I have ever had the opportunity to meet in my lifetime.
    Good to hear. I cannot remember where I'd seen he had stepped down, and wasn't doing very well. Maybe in Speedway Illustrated.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Sending thoughts and Prayers to him and his family!!!
    Next Race: 3/31/18 "Bunny 20's" with Sprints, Late Models, Modifieds and Sport Mods
    *We will also be having an Easter Egg Hunt @ 3:00 so bring the kids out for a fun and enjoyable Saturday night as we open the 2018 race season*

Check out all pictures from Atomic Speedway on my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/luvracinBig...?ref=bookmarks

**Atomic Speedway Official Track Photographer**