FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

FASTRAK LATE MODELS $3000 to win “COMMONWEALTH” at Virginia Motor Speedway April 8th

The FASTRAK late model tours will make their way to one of the most awesome facilities in the nation this coming Saturday with a $3000 to win event for both the Mid Ohio Valley and South East Tours. This will be the 2nd event of the 2017 season for the South East Tour and the 1st for the Mid Ohio Valley Tour. Last weeks 1st time Winner Benji Hicks leads the SE Tour points going into this event.

“It’s an honor to be a part of the ‘Commonwealth’ at Virginia Motor Speedway” said Stan Lester of FASTRAK. “It’s without a doubt one of the finest dirt facilities in the country, but also home of the FASTRAK WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP. That makes it very special event for all the Chevrolet Performance Late Models in the country and it’s what I refer to as “paid practice”. Teams get the chance to come from all over the country, they get paid to run and prepare for this years upcoming $20,000 to win WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP in September. That’s huge for these teams”.

VMS is known for 3, 4 and up to 5 wide racing at times. “I remember talking to speedway owner Bill Sawyer there last year during the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP” stated Lester. “As they were coming off turn 4 and 5 wide he asked if I thought I could get them to make it 6? I said only if we move the walls before next year. That’s hilarious but actually true. It really is that racy and provides a great venue for fans and teams alike”.

With both the ULTIMATE Super Late Models there along with the FASTRAK Late Models, this is a huge weekend for everyone including the fans. Having 70-90 total late models this weekend would not be uncommon. Former World Champions Dennis “Rambo” Franklin, Walker Arthur - Former Regional Champions David Smith, Ron Parker, Cla Knight -Rookie sensations Mathew Nance, Ryan Montgomery, Henry Hornsby – Divisional Champions Justin Williams, Mathew Nance, The “Mad Mexican” Troy Friazer and others will be on hand for this event.

Teams that have never been there before are always in awe when they enter the grounds. The only place I have ever been that has Musco lighting in the pits. It’s clean, perfectly landscaped, always prepared and it truly makes it a good evening for everyone involved. Like a NASCAR type dirt track. “I did have one team owner than made his first trip there last year and said “this place is nicer than any Cup track I have ever been too”. You truly have to see it to believe it.

Virginia Motor Speedway is a true ½ mile speedway, egg shaped with 1 and 2 being sharper than 3 and 4 making it a challenge for the drivers. Constant position changes happen almost every lap and you will see drivers move forward and back based on tire selection and management. Last years World Championship saw Rambo just sticking around in the top 8 only to make it by early leaders Ryan Montgomery and Henry Hornsby. Then Devin Moran coming from 23rd making his way 2nd and almost sneaking the win away from Rambo at the finish line.

Virginia Motor Speedway is located at 4226 Tidewater Trail in Jamaica Virginia.
Please check out their facebook page and website for all info. Phone: (804) 758-1867

www.vamotorspeedway.com www.fastrakracing.com

Complete Payout for Chevy Performance Late Models
$3000, $1500, $900. $650 $600, $500, $450, $425, $400, $365, $340, $325, $300, $275 – 24th.