Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Needing setup information on 2010 mastersbilt by mars late model

I am needing setup information for my mastersbilt by mars late model. Was told to speak with Cody Mahoney and need contact information for him. Any help would be appreciated

Your other thread says it is different than a Smack down. How so?

Was told by mastersbilt that mars moved a bunch of stuff around on my type of car. And that I needed to talk with mars. Called mars and they said they couldn't get me and paperwork/ setup information on the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoyt3383 View Post
    Was told by mastersbilt that mars moved a bunch of stuff around on my type of car. And that I needed to talk with mars. Called mars and they said they couldn't get me and paperwork/ setup information on the car.
    I know they shipped to Mars with some of the mounting points out of the car. But don't know all the details. No details from the previous owner?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I know they shipped to Mars with some of the mounting points out of the car. But don't know all the details. No details from the previous owner?
    I think they was sent to Mars with no cross member and no 4-link mounts, but there could be other things as well. I don't remember dates but 2010 would likely be too late or one of the last masters by mars as they started building Mar's cars around that time. I guess it's possible they still did the masters by mars for a while after they started building the Mar's cars so......

I'm just not sure of the exact time line on those cars but to me it's possible it's older or a mars car.
    Last edited by billetbirdcage; 04-05-2017 at 04:46 PM.

Chassis number 01989M.

Someone has to know about this car . I need ride heights, spring rates, jbar length and rearend location. Jbar height on frame and pinion. 4-bar locations (which holes on the chassis. Has the 7 hole 4bar brackets under it. Round tube overrail car. Wants to pack the LF wheel and wants to spin out and blow the rear tires off of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoyt3383 View Post
    Someone has to know about this car . I need ride heights, spring rates, jbar length and rearend location. Jbar height on frame and pinion. 4-bar locations (which holes on the chassis. Has the 7 hole 4bar brackets under it. Round tube overrail car. Wants to pack the LF wheel and wants to spin out and blow the rear tires off of it.
    3 wheel and spin out?

Yes. And spinning the rear tires bad. Even on restarts

Something not adding up here. Toting the LF is not accompanied by wheel spin.
    New driver by chance?

No not a new driver. Car has 147lbs bite. Jbar is 9 1/2 up on frame bottom on pinion mount. LF 500, RF400, LR200, RR 250. 5th coil 325 spring. When ever I'd drive the car into the corner on the throttle it would dump on the RR , and couldn't get back on the throttle the way I needed to before it would spin out. On restarts car would kick out the RR and spin the rear tires

Does the car turn into the corner ok? 400# spring on the rf seems to heavy. If the rf is too heavy, and the car does not roll over on the rf and stay there through the middle of the corner, it is going to three wheel on exit. This sounds like a tight car that is not turning in very well.

Quote Originally Posted by LRtireCHANGER View Post
    Does the car turn into the corner ok? 400# spring on the rf seems to heavy. If the rf is too heavy, and the car does not roll over on the rf and stay there through the middle of the corner, it is going to three wheel on exit. This sounds like a tight car that is not turning in very well.
    All his springs are in range for a smack down car with a vanilla setup from that timeframe.

Kinda tight getting in. I'm needing some help on spring rates, ride heights, 4 bar locations, jar lenght and heights

Spins out before you pick up gas, but tight in? Wheel spin, but 3wheeling? I can be no help here.

Spins out on the gas

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Spins out before you pick up gas, but tight in? Wheel spin, but 3wheeling? I can be no help here.
    I pm'ed you

smh @ Mars.. it's not rocket science. What are the chances you'll ever buy anything from them now that they've been zero help? The info below took about 2 minutes to type.

Can't help with the 4-link locations - never had a Masters with 7 hole brackets. At full droop you want the left top link to be around 47 degrees. If you get too much upper left bar angle, the back of the car will want to jump out on restarts.

17.5" upper links, 15.5" lower links. Can lengthen both leftside links 2 turns and shorten RS links 2 turns to tighten the car some.

springs and bite # sounds normal.

3 3/4" LF ride height
    3 5/8" RF ride height
    7 1/2" RR ride height
    8 1/2" - 9" LR ride height

54.5 - 55% LS
    54.5 - 55% R
    with driver

I forget the LR chain measurement.. I think at full droop you want to be about 12 5/8" to 12 3/4" from the top of the LR tube to the bottom of the LR frame rail.

As for what the car is doing now.. what length j-bar? Does it mount to the center of the bar on the frame side? If not, it should.. I think 21" long j-bar is needed for that.
    Last edited by MachineMasters; 04-06-2017 at 08:22 AM.

21" jbar it center of the square tubing that the frame mount bolts to. 9 1/2 inch up measuring from the bottom of the chassis to center of the bolt. Bottom of the pinion ( about 2" below the center of the u joint

Way too much j bar. Go to 8.5 on chassis and more like 1/2" below pinion.