Default This weeks TOP 25...... 4/5/17

From dod ..top 25
    Attached Images Attached Images

What are they basing Pierce's performance off of still?

MI Dirt Fan,
    Maybe the fact that he has 9 starts this year and 8 top 10 finishes (89%), 7 top 5 finishes (78%) & 3 wins (33%).
    Also, a 19th to 6th charge in 75 caution free laps at Farmer City WoO Show on Saturday and running 3rd in Sundays Farmer City WoO show.

I'd say 4th on that list is well supported so far on this young season
    Last edited by dirt FANatic 11; 04-06-2017 at 08:57 AM.
    2018:

Seems as though Don O'Neal should be top 5. He has two wins alone between both series. That's not easy to accomplish

But I don't put much stock into rankings. They are just for entertainment value. Was just curious though.

Quote Originally Posted by dirt FANatic 11 View Post
    MI Dirt Fan,Maybe the fact that he has 9 starts this year and 8 top 10 finishes (89%), 7 top 5 finishes (78%) & 3 wins (33%).Also, a 19th to 6th charge in 75 caution free laps at Farmer City WoO Show on Saturday and running 3rd in Sundays Farmer City WoO show.I'd say 4th on that list is well supported so far on this young season
    No disrespect but those were weak wins. He should be in the bottom ten.
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Seems as though Don O'Neal should be top 5. He has two wins alone between both series. That's not easy to accomplish
    I agree^^^^^^
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Overton and O'Neal belong closer to the top 5. Not bashing Bobby, he's definitely in the top 10, but not the top 5 at this moment.
    Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports...all the others are games. -Ernest Hemingway

I think Overton up a few spots, and Culp up a few spots. I'm like others this is strictly something to talk about, it doesn't mean a thing when they get to the track.
    T3G - Never Forget, Hardly Remember
    Eastbay (5)

This poll is a joke to me! I believe the Top 10 should be the top 5 in the Lucas/WOO series. Theyre the best drivers so the rest should line up behind them.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Babb was getting votes when his XR1 was still being built in W.V. He surely should qualify for top 10 now that he's actually hit the track.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    This poll is a joke to me!
    You're not alone in that thought. I'm a fan of B-Shep. I think it says a lot about the disparity between the two series that he's puttin' a hurtin' on the WoO crew when he didn't contend for a Lucas title (although he certainly could) and is now ranked the top driver. That's just plain silly.

DoD seems to believe that the two series are equal. They are not. WoO may be stronger this year than in recent past, but it still ain't Lucas. Ask Josh. When was the last time he has a weekend in the WoO series like he had this past weekend on Lucas. You can't miss your setup on the Lucas tour and cruise. DoD's unanimous pick of the Rocket House car and House Car Jr for the last 13 months or so says all you need to know about the poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Babb was getting votes when his XR1 was still being built in W.V. He surely should qualify for top 10 now that he's actually hit the track.
    LOL...I really hate it for Babb that he was put in a spot where his rank makes him the butt of the joke poll, but it really is surprising that the IL homers didn't vote him top 10 after this past weekend.

Horses**t. I think that top 10 needs a lot of shuffling. Positions 1,2 and 4 are a little hi in my opinion.

I look at it like this, if you had to pick one driver for one race, doesn't matter what track, and put the house payment on the line, who would you put your money on? With that being said, it would be hard to bet against the top 4 in my opinion. Poll accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    What are they basing Pierce's performance off of still?
    He starts 25 and ends up 5 .. he start 18 and ends up 3 He start in the top 5 he stays there ...Now that he ant crashing his way to the front people are watching ...The ones bashing are still mad at the way he was driving for a wile...
    Add: he ant on the top of my list but he is good...5 maybe Hi but its just a list no more no less..I put him more a round 10 but that just me...
    Last edited by Cardirt0; 04-07-2017 at 07:51 PM.

Snake X3,

Not a Josh fan, but would like to point out the fact that he is running a lot of tracks for the 1st time and with a new team. I believe Lucas is better than WoO, but not by the large margin many would like to believe. If that was the case, it wouldn't have taken Don O'Neal as long as it did to win his 1st WoO feature. What it does speak to however, is just how good drivers like Bloomer, Moyer, Josh, and others are that they can win events on both series and make it look easier than it actually is.

Lucas has got to be absutely thrilled that they have the two best full-time drivers in the game right now. I don't care what a poll says the list is, Bloomer and Josh should be the top 2 names on it.

I mean, JD hasn't won a single race, but going into this weekend he is 3rd in Lucas Points and ranked #14. So, yea, it's just a poll.