Default Remote Oil System / Dry Sump Without Resevoir ?

Local series has a rule that says this :

"Outlaws have Legalized Oil Pan That will Let you run Remote Oil pump;In other Words if You have Dry Sump System Plump thru Oil Pan Not Reserve Tank. All oil must be in pan or in system. Engine must have oil pan and be the only oil tank on car !"

Can anyone tell me what they're talking about ? I currently have a dry sump system on my open motor car, but am thinking about dropping in a cheaper motor to run this series some.

this is how we run all our fords, but it is still a wet sump , meaning oil is still in pan. To be a dry sump, you have to have a reservoir. WE use kevco pans that has the pick up outlet coming out the right rear side of pan, then to single stage pump then through filter and back to engine. a lot of the chevy,s also do this, lots better oil control...

They are talking about a wetsump system with a single stage external oil pump.Nothing new,just gives you ability to adjust oil pressure externally.

so would that be a complete replacement for a dry sump system or would i be able to reuse some of the existing pumps / lines / etc ? just looking to make the engine swap as simple as possible and keep using the rear mounted power steering and fuel pumps that are tandem mounted on my dry sump pump.

You will need a different pump and pan for sure and lines most likely, the oil has to be stored in the pan instead of the remote tank. The lines will be different sizes and lengths from what you are running. The pump they are talking about is a single stage pump, most dry sumps have 3-5 stages.

ok thanks guys, looks like i'm back to just removing the whole dry sump system.

we use a SCP single stage pump with the .450 body, we tandem mount the power steering and fuel pump and mount it in same place as dry sump pump. you can adjust pressure as well as change drive ratio,s as you need. You may be able to use some of your lines as well as filter block. If you order a new pump, be sure to get it with the hex drive on the rear to be able to tandem your PS and fuel pump.

Perfconn.........is that the only real benefit, or are there any other benefits to running and external pump?

more pumping volume, can run a bigger oil cooler.
    some aftermarket steel blocks do not have a oil filter provision, so you have to run a remote filter, so external pumps provide a lot better pressure and volume control out of the block.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.