Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bump springs

This makes it displacement dependant? So the last bit of rebound travel has more dampening?

so if this top rod collapses any, then your birdcage should roll forward then shortening your lr shock center measurment.... so then you have increased your spring load if your spring was already into the coilover nut, and if you go pass the tipping point of too much load on the lr, you pick the weight up off the right rear and cause it to loose traction.

Quote Originally Posted by sidewinder69 View Post
    so if this top rod collapses any, then your birdcage should roll forward then shortening your lr shock center measurment.... so then you have increased your spring load if your spring was already into the coilover nut, and if you go pass the tipping point of too much load on the lr, you pick the weight up off the right rear and cause it to loose traction.
    That is a possible scenario. Not necessarily a likely one. Depending on a bunch of variables.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Ill say I've got a couple penske rods and moved all over the place... It definitely isnt a magic wand like people thinks.

Ill say I've got a couple penske rods and moved all over the place... It definitely isnt a magic wand like people thinks.
    I agree it is no magic wand.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Wanna sell one of those Penske rods?

Call penske direct. $475

How much does that spring bar weigh in total??

About 5lbs