Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by muddy mike View Post
    they have full results on STLRACING.COM. Schlenk beat Manville by a few feet then Gordy Gundaker Rusty Griffaw and Jeff Herzog. Tommie Seets jr. won mods.
    Some decent competition.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    Erb was good in them RB on ruff tracks.. for years
    That Mansfield track schlenk won at was really rough also

Quote Originally Posted by TMaCiLLiNi39 View Post
    You really should stop talking about yourself while looking in the mirror...
    1,001 Go TMac
    I live with fear, but sometimes she lets me race.

Decent competition? Is it competition that warrants a post about rusty and his rayburn? I think not. Us poor souls in mi and oh have had to listen to this ignorant rusty schlenk hype for years and its way past getting old. He will not win any race of significance all year, thats a fact and his fans need to get a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdirtfan View Post
    He will not win any race of significance all year, thats a fact and his fans need to get a clue.
    I think he already has. First LM race at Mansfield was $5k. And I'm not even a fan of his, but facts are facts. We'll revisit this one around end of September.

Decent competition? Is it competition that warrants a post about rusty and his rayburn? I think not. Us poor souls in mi and oh have had to listen to this ignorant rusty schlenk hype for years and its way past getting old. He will not win any race of significance all year, thats a fact and his fans need to get a clue.
    I dont think anyone is saying Rusty is going to go win any huge races. He is a an incredible regional race car driver though and has won many good paying races. No one is saying he is going to win the World 100, but he is a heck of regional competitor.
    T3G Never Forget, Hardly Remember

I love it !That's right on MI , this joker will swell up and talk about whoopin somebody then somebody tells us how he is a 400 pound pimple faced pizza eatin fat boy hiding behind a keyboard and he gone ! Then in a few weeks he comes back, kinda sad really!!!

Saturday at Pevely and Sunday at Quincy both tracks were dryslick, both tracks had broken water trucks this weekend. And Rusty left the 4bar parts at home so he wasn't tempted to switch it to 4bar. Swing arm all the way, his goal is to make it work. And boy is he! He has put a lot into all the new designs and it shows.

Congratulations to Rusty and his crew. He was the class of the field last night at Quincy.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    I think he already has. First LM race at Mansfield was $5k. And I'm not even a fan of his, but facts are facts. We'll revisit this one around end of September.
    I'm not downplaying the win per se, because he won and the car stayed together. But there was 15 cars, track was very rough, and Drown broke. I think at least one other front runner broke also. Markham maybe? Corey Conley was quicker, just nailed them holes. And Rusty stayed above them for the most part.

In saying that though they have found speed and more power to them. If he keeps it up then they may become credible again.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

The car he is in is a 2017 combo car. He's has been on swing arm every night. First race at Attica he started 11th and finished 3rd, then won Mansfield. This past weekend was his 3rd, 4th, and 5th races in it. Qualified 6th at Farmer City and got wrecked in the heat, then won I-55 and Quincy. He may not win any big races this year but he is 3 out of 5 so far, I wouldn't bet the farm he doesn't win a bigger race all season. You are right he probably won't end up at Atomic as he clearly always runs UMP shows with his focus on the Sunoco ALMS and American Ethanol tour point titles and of course the UMP weekly national points. The only reason they went to Mansfield was to test at a bigger track to try to prepare for Eldora's Sunoco show.

To bad he didn't swing by peoria last Saturday night.

Thats right he wont be at atomic because his focus is on ump. Yet in his entire career he has never qualified for the dream or the world.

Thats right he wont be at atomic because his focus is on ump. Yet in his entire career he has never qualified for the dream or the world.
    because that's so easy to do?? only 323 drivers total have qualified for the world 100 in the past 46 years... not a Rusty fan at all but there is a lot of great drivers that haven't and never will make the big show at Eldora..
    "Running the bottom is like having a job!" ~ Jack Hewitt

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Senroc-Systems View Post
    Big RSR fan huh? The new car is a 4 bar car......

Rayburn X
    http://cjrayburn.com/

Looks like a swing arm to me...

Not easy, agreed. Many good drivers have never qualified, agreed. Would you agree that Ump races with 15 drivers at them arent the standard for determining greatness in dirt late model racing.

Not easy, agreed. Many good drivers have never qualified, agreed. Would you agree that Ump races with 15 drivers at them arent the standard for determining greatness in dirt late model racing.
    Some of the best races I've seen had as few as 12 racers. We're celebrating Rusty and CJ's victory because for a while now the shinnston moonies have been blasting CJ or anyone who dared say they liked swing arm. So you are free to go back to your lemming party anytime. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step, these victories are those first few steps against theoretically superior designed machines.
    Last edited by MaverickSprints; 04-11-2017 at 08:30 AM.

Is that a PPM J-bar?

The journey can be very long when you drive past tracks to go somewhere else where you have a chance of winning. ✌🏻

The journey can be very long when you drive past tracks to go somewhere else where you have a chance of winning. ✌
    If winning is what you're after then that journey was well worth it right? Who said you must run where you aren't competitive? If it pays the bill of racing, do what you do best...