For Immediate Release
Ben Shelton (msrmafia@gmail.com)
April 10, 2017

Cory Hedgec ock Rumbles to Gumbo Cash; Boyd’s Next

Loudon, Tennessee (04/10/17) – Pushing his 2017-win tally to six, Cory Hedgec ock drove his Cushman #23 Valley Transport Rocket Chassis Crate Late Model to the $2,500 NeSmith Dirt Late Model Series victory on Saturday night.

Competing in the NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Series opening weekend, Cory Hedgec ock traveled to Greenville Speedway (Greenville, Mississippi) on Friday for the first event of the two-day Rumble on the Gumbo.

Drawing 33 Crate Late Models for the $2,000-to-win program, Hedgec ock qualified 8th fastest in time trials, placing him 8th on the starting grid for the opening night feature. Wheeling his way into a podium finish, Cory improved five positions in the 40-lapper, scoring a 3rd-place spot behind Greg Fore and Chase Washington with Cody Smith and Peter Hazzard completing the Top 5.

On Saturday with a $2,500 top prize on the line, Cory blistered the ¼-mile oval to record the fastest time overall in qualifying. As a result, he started on the pole for the 50-lap, main event. Pacing his way through the race with a comfortable lead, Hedgec ock held off a late-race charge in the closing laps to capture his sixth win of the season. The Top 5 finishers included Brandon Williams, Joseph Joiner, Peter Hazzard, and Chase Washington.

“It was another phenomenal weekend for our team,” said Hedgec ock. “We had a good car on Friday night but didn’t qualify gas well as we would’ve liked. But then on Saturday night we had a dominant car from the time we qualified. We got a caution late in the race, and if not for it we might’ve lapped into the Top-3 runners. I again want to thank my team, my sponsors, and my fans for providing me such a great car.”

For more results from these events, please visit www.NeSmithRacing.com .

This Saturday, April 15 Cory will return to action with the Chevrolet Performance Super Late Model Series as the tour invades Boyd’s Speedway (Ringgold, Georgia) for a $3,000-to-win affair. Hedgec ock currently leads the overall standings and the rookie standings. For more information on the tour, please visit www.525SuperSeries.com .

Cory Hedgec ock would like to thank all of his sponsors, which include Cushman, Valley Transport, Rocket Chassis, Schoenfeld Headers, Eagle Racing Engines, K&P Used Cars, Transport One, Renegade Racing Fuels, VooDoo Technology, Timeless Memories Photography, Hoosier Racing Tires, CFYA, ET Motorgear, Fastlane Signs & Graphics, Renegade Reach, Wells Racing Photography, Strange Oval Racing, High Velocity Heads, Crowder Small Engines, Jesel Valve Train Innovation, Stealth Racing Carburetors, QuickCar, Bicknell Racing Products, MSD Ignition, CV Products, CP Pistons, Boydbilt, Ohlins Shocks, Winters Performance, Simpson Race Products, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Cory Hedgec ock, please visit the team’s official website at www.CoryHedgec ock23.com as well as social media outlets at https://www.facebook.com/Cory-Hedgec ock-Motorsports-166540363452544 and https://twitter.com/Hedgec ock23 .