Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Am I alone on this one?....

Four wide salutes and driver intro's. I think it's time to limit em. Every series does this now. Wasn't it in the beginning just meant for the big dogs? Have em at the 8-10 Crown Jewels and that's it. A 3k-4k to win race shouldn't do em. Just get the race on...
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Four wide salutes yes driver intro no.

Four wide salute has grown old. Try something new. Driver intros should be done before motors are cranked - if you're going to introduce people, do it while we can hear.

I'd rather see driver intros as to 4 wide salute.

If you have been going to the races for years I can see how you could get bored with driver intros and the 4 wide salute. I still think they should do it for the touring series and Crown Jewels. I still enjoy them and give the drivers I like a big cheer and the ones I don't like so much a big F___ U!
    I'm sure newer fans appreciate them both.

I like the 4 wide salute, but yes it is old. In agreement with driver intro for the big national sactions... not something like sas or mars.

I was thinking about this the other day. I for one, am tired of watching the four wide salute. It use to be cool when you saw it 3-4 a year at big races you went to. Now every race paying 3,000 to win or more is doing it.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by dirt crow View Post
    Four wide salutes and driver intro's. I think it's time to limit em. Every series does this now. Wasn't it in the beginning just meant for the big dogs? Have em at the 8-10 Crown Jewels and that's it. A 3k-4k to win race shouldn't do em. Just get the race on...
    Back in the day they brought all the cars out on the front stretch, everybody got strapped in, they announced who was starting where and gave the command to fire. Simple and efficient, I don't need to see the driver wave at me, I came for the race. Driver intros and 4 wide salutes are just a boring time suck to me.

Four wide is worn out. Let's get back to racing.

I liked the driver intros they done at the dome. For ones that didn't see it, the top 12 had their own highlight reel, and own personal song and pyros. All except for Chad Zobrist, where he hadn't on camera much they didn't have much other than what he had done that weekend.

It's a lil bit of lengthy process to do, but different and very interesting. They do it at the sx races for the top 10 in points, and it's the most exciting time of the night IMO. I don't think they should do it every time, just at the big shows.

Some of the old guys may not like this idea for whatever. I personally like seeing sh!t getting blown up.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    I liked the driver intros they done at the dome. For ones that didn't see it, the top 12 had their own highlight reel, and own personal song and pyros. All except for Chad Zobrist, where he hadn't on camera much they didn't have much other than what he had done that weekend.

It's a lil bit of lengthy process to do, but different and very interesting. They do it at the sx races for the top 10 in points, and it's the most exciting time of the night IMO. I don't think they should do it every time, just at the big shows.

Some of the old guys may not like this idea for whatever. I personally like seeing sh!t getting blown up.
    The introductions at the dome was straight up bad ass. I think races like Knoxville and the Show Me could do something similar because most of the field is set by the end of the previous night.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    I personally like seeing sh!t getting blown up.
    Now that was funny!!

Yeah, the 4 wide salute has no real entertainment value anymore. They burnt it out...

Im hoping they will throw the green flag, while doing the 4 wide, then we might see a heckuva race.....and a big wreck too!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Four wideAt 10000 plus is cool

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
    Four wide salute has grown old. Try something new. Driver intros should be done before motors are cranked - if you're going to introduce people, do it while we can hear.
    PPMS did six wide a few times. Of course, you need a super wide track to pull that off.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I'm in for four wide starts...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Yes, I agree they should start the races 4 wide. People would pay $25 dollars to just see the start of that race.......................................

The most stirring 4 wide is USMTS mods. They have been doing it for a long time. Cars carrying American Flags and Lee Greenwood singing Proud To Be An American over the PA. If that doesn't give you a tingle then feel sorry for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    I'm in for four wide starts...
    3 wide...

I like the 4 wide salute at the world finals with all 3 classes on track, but other than that its kinda gotten old. Seen races with 15 or less cars still doing a 4 wide salute