Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by MaverickSprints View Post
    I think its meant more as sarcasm, but I could be wrong. LOL. Maybe a Le Mans style start, park the cars on the front stretch facing out from inside wall and have everyone run to their cars, strap in and take off. The 3 & 4 wide salute is just a lame knock off and demonstrates a lack of creativity in promotion. We need more showman and fewer politicians, across the board.
    That would not be fair to Jason, Chub, Terry Phillips, Bloomer, or Dennis Franklin. Someone like Kevin Weaver or Mike Hamerlee might have a heart attack.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by BloomerHarvickFan View Post
    The first time I ever saw the 4 wide salute was back in around 94 or 95. My brother who was about 12 at the time leaned over to my dad, and said "They'll never get through turn one" as serious as could be. We still have fun at his expense over that when we go to the track and they do it.!!
    I think the first one I ever saw I was 8-9 years old it was at West Plains for the Show-Me, I'd like to say they had like 104 cars and they had them all out on the track doing a parade lap it was awesome. 4-wide all the way around the track pretty much. This would have been 1995 or 1996.

the 4 wide salute is a World of Outlaws sprint car thing and is still awesome at every Outlaws show along with Johnny Gibsons famous call......any other is just a copy

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Toledo, OH View Post
    Some things at the track, like a 4 wide salute. Are not done old grizzled 4m fan that has been to thousand races and knows everything. Some things are done to get new fans and kids excited. If kids and new fans are excited and into it, that's kind of important to the future of our sport. It's worth the extra 5 minutes for that reason alone.
    Bingo!

These guys are just bored and want to b!tch.
    Just a Sportmod racer at Nelson Boys Racing.

No more 4 wide salute 's

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I'm assuming the folks that want to see 4 wide starts don't have to pay the bills on a race car. Can you even imagine the carnage?
    It would be glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    It would be glorious.
    yep....last time I checked, all dlms, have a brake pedal and a gas pedal! Let the hair go with the hide! lol
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Drivers intros , not after 10:30 , its starting to get late , lets roll Always like 4 wide salute and I keep waiting for the green to be thrown while there coming out of 4 , 4 wide. LOL