Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Okay, 3 wide, but start from a dead stop F1 style. I would like to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
    Okay, 3 wide, but start from a dead stop F1 style. I would like to see that.
    Nope full racing speed!! If u can't keep up at the start tough sHT...

I wish all announcers would scream boogity, boogity, boogity. I miss the starts because that saying makes me want to rip my hair out. Yea four wide has gotten old.

They should only do a 4 wide salute at races $30,000 and over and start the World 100 3 wide!!!

Driver intros at the USA Nats along with crazy fireworks during the 4-wide is pretty cool

i really like four wide salute for any event thats like $10k or bigger. plus I like the parade laps. Drivers intro for major events are great too!

I don't know why every series has to do the same thing, can't anybody come up with something unique? I know there are only so many things you can do with a pack of cars, but let's say you sort 'em out on the backstretch and introduce the drivers one at a time as their cars pull into starting positions on the front stretch, and send them off for the start as soon as the last one arrives. Or instead of 4 wide, have 'em form a single row that circles the whole track for a couple of laps, with all drivers waving. Or whatever. Just to do something different.

Some things at the track, like a 4 wide salute. Are not done old grizzled 4m fan that has been to thousand races and knows everything. Some things are done to get new fans and kids excited. If kids and new fans are excited and into it, that's kind of important to the future of our sport. It's worth the extra 5 minutes for that reason alone.
    Go Buckeyes!!!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    Im hoping they will throw the green flag, while doing the 4 wide, then we might see a heckuva race.....and a big wreck too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    I'm in for four wide starts...
    We are in agreement.

IIRC the World of Outlaws sprint cars started the whole 4 wide thing. It would be good if someone would come up with some pre-race ritual unique only to the late models as opposed to copying another series/genre'.

The suggestion that they start the race 4 wide is a great idea. From a standing start would be even better.

I'm assuming the folks that want to see 4 wide starts don't have to pay the bills on a race car. Can you even imagine the carnage?
    8/13/16

Clearly and loudly, tell me the car number, driver's name, driver's hometown, and car description. Announcer can then pack the microphone in his bag and go home because 99 out of 100 times, spectators can't hear anything anyway.
    All the other pomp and ceremony crap is just that ............. crap!
    Charlotte does scare the bejesus out the fans with the smudge pot explosions........... and the cannon fire at VMS will rattle the nerves but I have seen enough of that too.

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    Four wide salutes yes driver intro no.
    My thoughts exactly. It is still always fun to see a 4-wide before the nightcap. Doesn't take long, a couple minutes tops. Nothing worse than driver intros at smaller races. The drivers don't care, you MIGHT get one of them to raise their hand up with a half wave. Unless it is a big race and the drivers are interactive (i.e. throwing frisbees or t-shirts or something), no need for it.

four wide salute their maybe some younger generation never seen it driver intro with all the smoking hot girls walking them to their cars if i remember right their is a famous race car driver that married one but i maybe wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I'm assuming the folks that want to see 4 wide starts don't have to pay the bills on a race car. Can you even imagine the carnage?
    Yeah but its kinda like when my dad said Nascar should get rid of restrictor plates. I reminded him how fast they would be going and he replied, "all drivers have the same pedals. Let each driver decide how to use them pedals, based on their talent level and ball size." lol
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

I love seeing them go 4 wide personally.
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

The first time I ever saw the 4 wide salute was back in around 94 or 95. My brother who was about 12 at the time leaned over to my dad, and said "They'll never get through turn one" as serious as could be. We still have fun at his expense over that when we go to the track and they do it.!!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by BloomerHarvickFan View Post
    The first time I ever saw the 4 wide salute was back in around 94 or 95. My brother who was about 12 at the time leaned over to my dad, and said "They'll never get through turn one" as serious as could be. We still have fun at his expense over that when we go to the track and they do it.!!
    Lol... Good one!!

Proof that you guys will bitch about anything and everything.................smh.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I think its meant more as sarcasm, but I could be wrong. LOL. Maybe a Le Mans style start, park the cars on the front stretch facing out from inside wall and have everyone run to their cars, strap in and take off. The 3 & 4 wide salute is just a lame knock off and demonstrates a lack of creativity in promotion. We need more showman and fewer politicians, across the board.