For Immediate Release:
April 12, 2017

Tyler Bare enters Fastrak National Event at the Virginia Motor Speedway and records a great night; Follows up Fast Time honors with a runner-up finish in the 40 Lap race.

The weather finally broke Winter’s stronghold on up to this point, had been a wet and dreary Spring. With the sun shining, Tyler Bare and his team loaded up the immaculately prepared Booper Bare Racing, LLC. Rocket XR1 and made the 3-hour trip east to Virginia Motor Speedway. On tap was a Fastrak National Event that would pay the winner $3,000 for the 40-lap race.

With 32 of the Mid-Atlantic’s best Crate Late Model racers on hand, the team unloaded the Southlex Cattle Co./May’s Recycling No.30 for the night’s activities. Drawing a high number, the 22-year-old Bare would qualify late in group number four. That late draw didn’t matter as Tyler would lay down not only the quick lap in his group, but would also record the fastest lap of all 32 cars in attendance. Tyler’s quick lap of 18.810 would pay the team an extra $200 bonus courtesy of M&W Transport & Towing. Staring on the pole of Heat number four, Tyler would survive a scrap with another car at the start which saw the Blue Grass Farm No.30 get crossed up on the front stretch. Bare gathered it up and would charge to a 2nd place finish, locking him in to the night’s feature race.

The team immediately went to work preparing their Conner Produce Co./Integra Shocks Rocket XR1 for battle later that evening. When the green flag waived over the 25-car starting field, outside front row starter Jonathan Davenport quickly took the point and went and hid from the rest of his competitors. Bare, who would start his march towards the front from the 8th starting spot would methodically pick cars off one by one until he took over 2nd place on a lap 19 restart. Davenport was just too good on the long green flag runs as Tyler could close the gap in lapped traffic but time ran out before he could muster any type of challenge towards the 2015 Super Late Model Driver of the Year. Bare would settle for a runner-up podium finish, capping off a great night.

“We had a great car all night” said Bare. “We were just a 2nd place car tonight, Jonathan (Davenport) was certainly the class of the field tonight. I could get close to him in lapped traffic but when he hit clean air he was gone again. I could tell once I got to second, there was not a whole lot more I could do and decided to watch what he (Davenport) was doing. I considered the night a success as I think I learned a lot following him. My guys worked their tails off and gave me a great car from the time it was unloaded and the only way I can get better is racing with the best in the country, so all and all in was a good night. I can’t thank everyone enough for their continued support” added, Tyler.

The Bare’s weekend was not over as the car headed back to the shop, Tyler along with his Father, Grandad and longtime friend Buzzy Walters headed to a Winchester hotel to catch a few hours’ sleep. In the morning, they made the trip north to The Eastern Museum of Motor Racing in York Springs, Pennsylvania where the four took part in a roundtable discussion about their 5 decades in racing.

“I’m really not that big of a talker” laughed Tyler. “but it was a great event though and to see and meet some of the competitors that raced with my Dad & Grandad and to hear the old stories and talk about our family racing off the farm for the past 50 years was just a great experience. I want to thank the museum for having us and thank everyone that came out to spend the afternoon with us. We did a lot of traveling this weekend but met a lot of great people and it turned out to be a great 2 days” stated Bare.

Racing plans for this coming Easter Weekend have not been finalized yet and the team will check the schedules and see what makes the most sense.

Please keep up to date with results and information on Tyler’s twitter account at @TBareRacing30… Also, if you are on Facebook, check us out at Tyler Bare Racing.

2017 Stats:
Starts: 6
Wins: 2
Top 5: 4
Top 10: 5
11-15: 1
15-20: 0
DNF: 0

Tyler Bare and BBR would like to thank all of their Marketing Partners:
Blue Grass Farm, Abshire’s Handyman Service, Conner Produce Co., DeSigns, JTB Hauling & Excavating, K.R.S. Graphics, LEE-HI Truck Parts, May’s Recycling, Rhodenizer Heating & Air, LLC., Southlex Cattle Company, Sunoco Race Fuels, Wood Heavy Equipment Co. along with associate support from… Beck-n-Rich Farm, Bill Weeks Garage, Brinn Transmissions, Bulldog Rear Ends, Close Racing Supply, HTMA/Hoosier Tires, Integra Racing Shocks, K’s Masonry, Kenny Lamb Racing Engines, Keyser Manufacturing, Rocket Chassis XR1 and Wiles Drive Shafts.

Prepared & distributed by KRS Graphics Motorsports Media