FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

April 12, 2017

Ray Cook Sees Strong I-75 Showing Spoiled by Mechanical Trouble

(BRASSTOWN, NORTH CAROLINA) Ray Cook Racing traveled to I-75 Raceway in Sweetwater, Tennessee on Saturday evening, April 8 for a Schaeffer Oil Iron-Man Mountain Championship Series showdown. Ray Cook laid down the fifth quickest lap overall of the sixteen entrants during the qualifying session, which automatically locked him into the inside of the third row for the start of the $3,000 to win feature event.

The Brasstown, North Carolina standout then vaulted up to as high as third early in the 30-lap headliner before breaking the flywheel bolts off his #53 machine, which was a first-time occurrence in his long racing career. The mechanical problems forced Ray to retire from the event and relegated him to a disappointing fifteenth place showing. Full results from I-75 Raceway can be accessed online at www.i75raceway.com.

The popular driver known as the “Tarheel Tiger” will not be behind the wheel of his familiar #53 car the next two weekends, as his Schaeffer’s Oil Spring Nationals Series tour heats back up in the states of Kentucky and Tennessee. Ray will oversee a pair of lucrative shows over the April 14-15 weekend at Ponderosa Speedway in Junction City, Kentucky and Florence Speedway in Union, Kentucky, while another doubleheader is scheduled at Crossville Speedway in Crossville, Tennessee and Volunteer Speedway in Bulls Gap, Tennessee on April 21-22. For complete information about these Ray Cook-promoted races or for more details concerning the series, please point your Internet browser to www.southernnationalsseries.com.

Ray Cook Racing would like to thank the following group of sponsors for their continued support: A+ Moving and Storage, Tommy Pope Construction, Phillips Properties, Motion Sensors, Possum Quarter Farms, American Racer South, Capital Race Cars, Sunoco Race Fuels, Jay D1ckens Racing Engines, Kenny Lamb Racing Engines, Schaeffer’s Racing Oil, Old Man’s Garage, K&N Filters, Performance Rod & Custom (PRC), Collins Signs, Wilwood Engineering, The Joie of Seating, Integra Racing Shocks, GW Performance, Bert Transmissions, Turbo Start Batteries, Frankland Racing Supply, Stealth Carburetors, ISC Racer’s Tape, Delph Communications, Wiles Driveshafts, Peterson Fluid Systems, and MSD Ignition.

For the latest news and schedule information concerning the #53 team, feel free to visit their official Internet home at www.RayCook53.com.

Media Contact: Ryan Delph - Delph Communications
www.DelphCommunications.com