Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Default BOBBY PIERCE "Best late model talent in decades" ?

This should spark some interesting conversation. Dirt Unlimited has just released an article that is sure to stir up some emotional responses. I for one don't deny Bobby's talent as a wheelman. Personally, though, I have issues with saying he is the best late model talent to come along in DECADES! He has a long way to go before those statements can be said with a straight face. Not hating, just being real. Here is the link...enjoy http://dirtunlimited.com/2017/04/13/...nt-in-decades/

You've set this post up from the beginning to start controversy. And that is what you will get. Congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by smooth32 View Post
    You've set this post up from the beginning to start controversy. And that is what you will get. Congratulations.
    I think the person who set this up for controversy is the author of this piece. Look back on all my posts. I've never been a Pierce hater. If I didn't post this, someone else would have posted. This is a racing forum. We discuss things. We have difference in opinions. It's all good. I'm curious to see what everyone thinks of this opinion piece released by DU.

Look how young he is. Look what he has already done. Throw in the fact that I think the Pierce car isn't really all that good. There is no question he is a very rare talent.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I guess the real question is......define "decades"!

If its literal, then .....absolutely not!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

to me, "decades" is plural...he could have said in the last "decade" or the past couple decades. So, you would lean towards 30 to 40 years. Like I said earlier, he is definitely a talent.

Not my Hero... But He can race.. The Best .. Guess it depends on who you ask...When he crashes his way to the top don't like him, when he races his way too the top .. Well I want My Man too win...Dont love him, don't hate him .. But when hes on hes fast...Guess when its all Done some will say he is and some will say he ant....

The "kid" is really good. He is young and under the direction of his family has done things that guys have not accomplished in years of racing. But, this pole is the opinion of ONE person. When the 32 rolls on the track at Eldora people are watching his every move, including other drivers. His chassis, a pierce, and his driving are a really good match right now. I do not no what his long term direction is. Will he go out on the road with the travelling circus ? Or will he stay close to home and pic and choose ? At some point you have to believe a car owner is going to want this kid wheeling his car. At that point we will see if the kid can get a car around the track. Will he bring his dad's knowledge along or ???

Just remember its not If you fight for Him.. its how you fright for Him...Just don't over do it and you be OK...We Know you like him (Just don't be a Homer) But it ok to defend him...

Quote Originally Posted by #FALSuperman View Post
    to me, "decades" is plural...he could have said in the last "decade" or the past couple decades. So, you would lean towards 30 to 40 years. Like I said earlier, he is definitely a talent.
    Even if you said the last decade......there's No way, one could say he even compares to Kid Rocket! Maybe one day, but not now!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Great drivers are still winning yrs after they started...he's good now... Will wait to see if he's the greatest or one of the greatest.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    The "kid" is really good. He is young and under the direction of his family has done things that guys have not accomplished in years of racing. But, this pole is the opinion of ONE person. When the 32 rolls on the track at Eldora people are watching his every move, including other drivers. His chassis, a pierce, and his driving are a really good match right now. I do not no what his long term direction is. Will he go out on the road with the travelling circus ? Or will he stay close to home and pic and choose ? At some point you have to believe a car owner is going to want this kid wheeling his car. At that point we will see if the kid can get a car around the track. Will he bring his dad's knowledge along or ???
    Good post. Everybody wants to see Bobby run some kind of tour but I definitely see why they don't. If you look at all the high paying races close to home here in the Midwest, it would be hard to commit to a traveling series if you're paying the bills. With the Mars Series upping their paydays to the Summer Nationals, then add in the Lucas and Outlaw shows that come close to home, then all the specials that the local tracks promote, that's a lot of high dollar races that he has a really good chance to win. I would bet Pierce Racing (considering they build their own cars) probably had the biggest profit from racing last year than any other team. They did travel but no where near what guys like Richards or Bloomquist did.
    8/13/16

I can't think of anybody that in the last 20 years has done what Bobby has to start his career

No offense #FALSuperman but he's right. Don't think much good can come out of this thread. We'll see.
    8/13/16

Fake news.....
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    No offense #FALSuperman but he's right. Don't think much good can come out of this thread. We'll see.
    No offense taken. I knew someone would post this, regardless. Anything Bobby is going to strike up conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by TackyTracker View Post
    I can't think of anybody that in the last 20 years has done what Bobby has to start his career
    Really?

Ever hear of EPJ! After his 2nd year of full time racer, he reeled off 5 straight national championships!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    Really?Ever hear of EPJ! After his 2nd year of full time racer, he reeled off 5 straight national championships!
    Yea before all the big dogs got on the tour!

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    Yea before all the big dogs got on the tour!
    Jealous much????......I don't see any asterisks beside his championships!

Like I said, Bobby has a long way to got just to match Kid Rocket! Maybe will, maybe he wont!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Default May shock some of you

I don't really disagree. I mean, I think there are a few others if we are talking decades. Bloomer, Moyer, Birky, Moran, Hommel woulda been, Owens, Richards. It's the same as an argument of whose the best ever. You name one, you discredit and dog others, who are comparably as good.

He is at this point in that category, and if he continues on dirt and has the success he is currently having, I definitely would keep him in this category. He is very good, I'd just put him in the top young drivers category, not singular.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.