Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgecity View Post
    Did someone really just compare Pierce to Richards? I'd hire Richards in a minute but on the other hand I would probably hire Pierce in a minute in 8-10 years. Richards is the real deal and isn't nearly as hard on equipment as Pierce. Not even in the same league as Rocketman yet. Both were given great opportunities and havnt failed
    Theres really no comparison.....maybe one day!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    Bloomer was the only one of that group running national events. Mcdowell was off and on. Different era with different drivers.UMP-national championship....really? That's laughable! That's barely a regional series!
    Bobby would smoke EPJ in points if he did jump on the tour... If u don't believe that u obviously haven't seen him race much in person.

Thumbs up

Normally this is one of those threads I won't comment on but have one question.

If Bobby was in a NEW RocketXR1, Longhorn, or Bloomquist chassis this year how good would he be with those cars versus to what he is with His Pierce Platinum car?

Take into account each frame may be slightly different, and drivers have different styles of set ups and the way they drive.

That's the one question I have.
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 04-13-2017 at 10:59 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Till he Jumps in WoO or something Like that we all can Guess... He can drive but there more to it when you go all out....Winning a few Big races here or there Is great... But to go all out you can go Broke real fast ..pop 2 motors and flip a car and you seating real fast...You can lose money as fast or faster then you can win it...Thats Why there is only 10 or so cars that run all the races...Plus you add the 2 or 3 are Winning most of them...I think they are Racing Smart right now doing races were they have more of a chance to win or make money...

I think if you match Pierce' stats at this age, the key is "at this age", nobody comes close. By the age of 20 to do what he has accomplished, kind of remarkable.

This is Bobby's Uncle. Everyone can have an opinion about Bobby, but one thing is a fact. No other driver in the history of our great sport has won 2 Crown Jewels before the age of 20 except for Bobby. I think that speaks for itself.

Not singleing out any post, but then pointing out no one has won them big races before they were 20. Which drivers were racing the amount that Bobby has in multiple states at 20? You gotta take into account when guys actually started doing some traveling and started their careers in dirt late models. Think this thread is starting to derail. He is very good, there are others just as good in the 20-30 range.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Bloomquist , pierce , KCS are the top 3 late model drivers in America ...

Quote Originally Posted by 32racer View Post
    This is Bobby's Uncle. Everyone can have an opinion about Bobby, but one thing is a fact. No other driver in the history of our great sport has won 2 Crown Jewels before the age of 20 except for Bobby. I think that speaks for itself.
    Hes good but Most ran 3 or 4 years in street stock, then moved up, then moved up, most did not get on the track till they were 18 most tracks did not let you race till you were 18, so you can not even think of apples to Oranges...Kids just started getting in cars at a young age the last 8 or so years...Hes Lucky they let him on the track 10 Years sooner the they did back then... MOST WERE NOT RACING LATEs AT 20 back then .. he lucky he got to...

Quote Originally Posted by smooth32 View Post
    I think if you match Pierce' stats at this age, the key is "at this age", nobody comes close. By the age of 20 to do what he has accomplished, kind of remarkable.
    10 years a go the av age to start in a late M was 25 years old.. he stared at 16.. not saying he ant good but Apples to Oranges..

Quote Originally Posted by hucktyson View Post
    Bloomquist , pierce , KCS are the top 3 late model drivers in America ...
    Bloom to Pierce not even Close...

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    Normally this is one of those threads I won't comment on but have one question.

If Bobby was in a NEW RocketXR1, Longhorn, or Bloomquist chassis this year how good would he be with those cars versus to what he is with His Pierce Platinum car?

Take into account each frame may be slightly different, and drivers have different styles of set ups and the way they drive.

That's the one question I have.
    I don't really think that matters. Bob builds a good chassis. My opinion on wins same no more no less.

you cant look at age any more, its more about when you started and the advantages you have when starting, in other words, it does not matter if you 16 or 30 when you start, its what you accomplish from that point forward, JMO.....

Question

Quote Originally Posted by 32racer View Post
    Most drivers in the past didn't have a chassis builder ex national driver for a father either, they had to learn and do it themselves. Most of the greats didn't even get the opportunity to drive late model until at least 21. Its just not an apples to apples comparison, the younger generation has many more opportunities than previous ones and that is a fact too. It didn't become trendy to stick children in late models until the Millenials started coming along, another fact.

Heres a question, if you remove Josh Richards and Bobby Pierce from their families as babies, and drop them into an average non-racing family, do they still end up where they are as early as they did?

Did the advantages they share effect how well and when they progressed?

This thread full of cowboy conjecture .........
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by smooth32 View Post
    I agree with this. You guys keep comparing him to racing veterans. You can't do that. The only thing you can compare is age and at age 20, Bobby is on track to be one of the best ever. You can't compare a 53 year old Bloomer to Bobby. But you can compare a 20 year old Bloomer to Bobby. If Bobby stays on dirt, he's going to be top 3 all time.

Lil Bobby was lucky to win the north south race. The world played into his hands because of the tires. Winning the ump titles against local drivers... heh. Hes like JD. Hes a dam good regional driver. Every dog has his day. Put him on a tour and see how he fairs. Until then this is all fake news
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    Lil Bobby was lucky to win the north south race. The world played into his hands because of the tires. Winning the ump titles against local drivers... heh. Hes like JD. Hes a dam good regional driver. Every dog has his day. Put him on a tour and see how he fairs. Until then this is all fake news

You accuzations are FAKE to
    You forgot about 2015 & 2016 lucas seasons

So your saying jd was no good these 2 seasons on the national level.

Ok keep hitting the bong. You might want to change what u smoking in ur pipe!
    Last edited by SLIDING SIDEWAYS; 04-14-2017 at 11:05 AM.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Will We all agree to disagree, and we did it with out calling each other names or Shouting.. there is hope for us yet...

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    Going on tour only means you have money to burn. And how can you sit there and discredit what this young man has done! SHAME ON YOU!