Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Who's all going to eldora?

I understand through the rumor mill,that some drivers that would normally be there,won't! Reason being something about a 1/8 plate that must be welded to the drivers side door bars.

Can anyone amplify?
    you just got greased
    http://www.goddardwarrior.net

A lot has to do with the unified LM safety standards. It does say there needs to be a 1/8'' steel intrusion plate on the the driver side door bars. To myself I've always thought it was crazy that there were cars that didn't have door plate to begin with. Another Item stated in the same is that all seats must be full containment style meeting sfi 39.2 standards. The certification is still being developed and a compliance timetable will be released in the future. You are allowed to trim your left side head containment for egress but you'll have to run a window net.

I can't believe that it's 2017 and some sanctions are just now requiring a window net.

There isn't a factory built Late Model in the country with an 1/8" plate on the door bars

Quote Originally Posted by manwplan View Post
    There isn't a factory built Late Model in the country with an 1/8" plate on the door bars
    The two teams I helped over the years the very first thing we done to a new car was formed and bolted a steel plate on the drivers side door bars and installed a steel plate in the c0ckpit floor and up the right side of the c0ckpit.
    We also added more window bars and put wire screen on them.
    Also why would anyone run without a window net other than they don't care about their safety....

Quote Originally Posted by ClampedUp View Post
    The two teams I helped over the years the very first thing we done to a new car was formed and bolted a steel plate on the drivers side door bars and installed a steel plate in the c0ckpit floor and up the right side of the c0ckpit.
    We also added more window bars and put wire screen on them.
    Also why would anyone run without a window net other than they don't care about their safety....
    What two teams did you help?
    you just got greased
    http://www.goddardwarrior.net

I agree with the rules, they should've gave a little bit more of a notice than a 5 days before the opener.

Also no mud caps on the left side, and the ones on the right have to be lettered with your number, along with the gas cap.

I think they posted it way back in December or early January. I think they will still see 30 Super Lates. But I also think that they should not make this all mandatory until 2018. Should be allowed 1 year to get prepared. Also Eldora is just trying to cover their butts since the accident thus we do not see NRA Sprints on the track there in May because they do not make mandatory full containment seats.

Also if you don not run a containment seat you can run a sprint car window net.

Also not on the schedule this year is the BOSS sprint cars since they also don't mandate certain rules that Eldora is now requiring.

$5000 to win at Florence will cut that car count way down
    T3G - Never Forget, Hardly Remember

Links any idea who might go to Eldora? Also I think it was a knee jerk reaction on Eldora's part.

Dustin Noble, Kent Robinson, Nick Latham, and Kody Evans are 4 I know are going. There may be someone on here who may know for sure, it sounded like Rusty Schlenk was coming too.

No one knew about this til this week. The guy I help runs every eldora race and had plans of running the opener, he had no clue until this week when another driver had told him about it.

I still say 30 to 35 Super Lates. Also they have to run ALMS rules anyway which is UMP rules.

I think you might be surprised with the car counts in all divisions tommorow

RACEDAD 11 do you think it will be real low?

good possibility. I`ve heard some guys were fixing there cars. Some said screw it we`ll go somewhere else. that's what we choose to do. Several not happy about it. It`s being said that if the plate isn`t welded to the door bars from front to back and top door bar to the bottom frame rail you won`t race

Ok. Sad thing is they should have left everything alone. RACEDAD 11 what class did ya run? Also I am going but just seems like they should have waited til 2018 to make mandatory

15 lm
    21 mods is what i hear

Top 4
    Nick Hoffman
    Kent Robinson
    Jon Henry
    Jake Hawkins

Never got to see the mods.. pretty sure Hawkins cleaned house in them.