Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Steel plate on the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit floor is more important than door plate imo seen some stuff come up through the floor w/just aluminum floor..scary

Nice car count Big E!
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I was there. 15 late models is a disgrace. The new safety rules that no one seemed to know about until just recently combined with the 1990 pay out did this. Come on Eldora you need to fix this!! 2000 to win a late model race in 2017 is a joke. The stocks feature was the best race of the night

Quote Originally Posted by Snowmanracr21 View Post
    I was there. 15 late models is a disgrace. The new safety rules that no one seemed to know about until just recently combined with the 1990 pay out did this. Come on Eldora you need to fix this!! 2000 to win a late model race in 2017 is a joke. The stocks feature was the best race of the night
    The 1990 payout used to not matter. Track time was so important. I think the new 3 day format at the big events has put less a premium on these events. The door plate rule sunk them for sure.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I don't get it, what's the big
    Deal about putting a door plate in anyway?!

It's not just the $2k to win. It's the $2k to win, at Eldora.

I think they should have kept the rules the same as last year and all ALMS races at Eldora should pay 5,000 to win and 300 to start with 100 tow money. Also the mods should pay 1,000 to win and 150 to start with 60 tow money and stocks 650 to win and 75 to start with 40 tow money. And would have gotten more cars.

Quote Originally Posted by golddirt View Post
    If they were not stupid, and let you bolt it, nothing.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Normally I would strongly disagree with tracks always raising purses. It's easy to expect tracks to throw every last ounce of profits to drivers who helped contribute to soaring cost of racing. But in this case Eldora is an extremely profitable race track. And it's time to give some back to the drivers. I'll be honest I live in Tipp city ohio, 45 minutes from eldora. Last night I had a hunch eldora was going to be dismal at best and headed to florence for the spring 50 and saw one of the greatest races I have seen in years. 50 lap late model feature 31 supers there, 21 mods, 20 crates, and 12 hornets for 22 bucks. Eldora had 15 supers for 25 laps, and low count in other divisions also for 18 bucks including 3 for my seat. So basically 4 dollars for twice the racing. Eldora was very expensive for that race.

play4kps I am from Troy we should meet at the track sometime. Ever go to Waynesfield?

Quote Originally Posted by golddirt View Post
    It's not the drivers had a problem with doing it, it was because no one knew about it til this week. They were also claiming they needed to be welded in place, and that makes it to where you cannot take them off for any other track. I do know of one car that had them bolted on though, which wasn't following the rule.

The ump tech guys didn't even look at the door plates, eldora staff only inspected them.

They do have a newer weight rule. All cars must weight 2350. The plates added 20-25lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    It's not the drivers had a problem with doing it, it was because no one knew about it til this week. They were also claiming they needed to be welded in place, and that makes it to where you cannot take them off for any other track. I do know of one car that had them bolted on though, which wasn't following the rule.

The ump tech guys didn't even look at the door plates, eldora staff only inspected them.

They do have a newer weight rule. All cars must weight 2350. The plates added 20-25lbs.
    You guys welded them on? Around the full perimeter?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    You guys welded them on? Around the full perimeter?
    It's supposed to be from behind the A pillar to B pillar. That's how it was done.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    It's supposed to be from behind the A pillar to B pillar. That's how it was done.
    It said something about being around the perimeter of the plate.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Do the mods have to run 10lb fit suppression? I know of several guys around my area have the smaller bottle who try to race at eldora each season.
    T3G - Never Forget, Hardly Remember
    Eastbay (5)

It said something about being around the perimeter of the plate.
    I was not around when the welding was done. I'm thinking there are 3 or 4 1/8" plates that were put in. It's not one solid plateh between the pillars though.
    Last edited by zyoung25; 04-16-2017 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowmanracr21 View Post
    The payout is a problem but not nearly as big a problem as the steel plate. If other series or tracks were requiring this I could see where it could be mandated but for Eldora to be the only track in America I think that will kill the car counts for Eldora. Don't know why they implemented this rule but these tracks and sanctioning bodies has to slow up on all the rule changes before there isn't any cars left to race.

I can't believe there are late models without steel plates welded over the door bars. Even my 2012 Victory sport mod has one. It's a no-brainer.

If they were not stupid, and let you bolt it, nothing.
    Yeah, I don't get the need for full welds.