Thread: Modoc top five

Default Modoc top five

1. Chris Ferguson
    2. Davenport
    3. Roberts
    4. Brent Dixion
    5. Rambo

JD and BW just can't get a win, even when the competition is light. That Longhorn 116 sure looks to have been the better option to this point.

Track was tougher than a two dollar steak........those guys earned it last night......cool track though and a nice place to hold that race.

What better way to spend a Saturday night.....the cushmans do a lot for the sport, thank y'all.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Track was tougher than a two dollar steak........those guys earned it last night......cool track though and a nice place to hold that race.

What better way to spend a Saturday night.....the cushmans do a lot for the sport, thank y'all.
    I liked that place when I went, it's just a good haul from here. From all the bicycling photos from last night, looks like there was some serious work being done in the drivers seat.

Quote Originally Posted by #FALSuperman View Post
    JD and BW just can't get a win, even when the competition is light. That Longhorn 116 sure looks to have been the better option to this point.
    Patience! He's making races and getting top 5's. The wins will come IMO.
    8/13/16

New car. JD will be fine. I kind of laughed at the light competition comment. 22 and 101 ain't exactly local yocals.

Quote Originally Posted by B_K View Post
    New car. JD will be fine. I kind of laughed at the light competition comment. 22 and 101 ain't exactly local yocals.
    Sorry, by light I meant not a stacked field. There were no heats, only a main, which JD started on pole. Yes, 22 and 101 are good drivers. Wasn't disrespecting them. Always a fan of Fergy winning!

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Oh I know,..it's early. I'm definitely more interested how the second half of the season goes. By then, the guys should start putting together a setup JD is comfortable running, to go along with some wins (hopefully, a couple big ones at that).

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    just wondering could horse power be the problem . I think JD is running Hatfields looked like car was getting beat down the strength always.

Quote Originally Posted by tsand View Post
    just wondering could horse power be the problem . I think JD is running Hatfields looked like car was getting beat down the strength always.
    Not sure but you are right, Hatfield power was the choice last night.
    8/13/16

You are correct...i do believe they will need to change from Hatfield for long-term success

I'm sure there's financial reasons for having a Hatfield under the hood. You'd have to think they would come with a Durham, Clements, or Cornett before long though.

Quote Originally Posted by B_K View Post
    I'm sure there's financial reasons for having a Hatfield under the hood. You'd have to think they would come with a Durham, Clements, or Cornett before long though.
    I agree...horsepower isn't the place to penny pinch.

The driving and chassis performed pretty good at VMS weekend before last but it was obvious Davenport was
    underpowered. They have Hatfield Chevy and Ford in their lineup so I'm thinking it's the brand that's not up-to-snuff.
    Barry Wright might not get a Rumley type performance of his chassis unless the horses are there for Davenport to showcase.