FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 17, 2017

Chase Junghans Enjoys Strong Weekend at Wheatland

Manhattan, Kansas (04/17/17) – Chase Junghans took advantage of a beautiful Easter weekend to return to action in his Shop Quik Convenience Stores #18 Bozard Ford Lincoln Capital Race Car/ Clements Racing Engine Super Late Model. He competed in a pair of Lucas Oil MLRA events at Lucas Oil Speedway, and came away with a pair of Top-10 finishes to show for his efforts.

On Friday night Chase Junghans traveled to Lucas Oil Speedway (Wheatland, Missouri), competing in the Lucas Oil Midwest Late Model Racing Association (MLRA) season opener. Drawing 41 Super Late Models for the opening round of the two-day Spring Nationals, Junghans fell short of a transfer spot in his heat with a 5th-place outing. Charging to a 12-lap B-Main win, Chase locked into the 17th-starting spot for the opening night feature. Wheeling his way into a Top 10 finish, Chase Junghans improved seven spots to finish 10th.

The following night Junghans started the program with a heat race win, positioning him 4th on the starting grid for the $3,500-to-win A-Main. Hanging on to a Top-5 finish, Chase streaked under the checkered flag with a 5th-place finish behind Rodney, Sanders, Randy Timms, Jesse Stovall, and Will Vaught.

“Slowly but surely we are getting to where we need to be with this hot rod,” Junghans said. “We’ve still got some tweaking to do, but overall I’m pleased with the gains we’ve made. We’ll just keep digging and try to get that first win of the season. I want to thank my family, my team, my sponsors, and my fans for the great support. It really means a lot to me.”

For full results from these events, please visit www.MLRARacing.com .
Junghans is currently unsure of his exact plans for the upcoming weekend. He may even dust off his Modified and take it into battle. For the latest team plans, please point your browser to www.ChaseJunghans.com .

Chase Junghans would like to thank his principal and associate sponsors including Shop Quik Convenience Stores, Bozard Ford Lincoln, M&S Concrete, Sunoco Race Fuels, Junghans Discount Liquors, Paulson Rock Products, Hoosier Tire, Clements Racing Engines, Hooker Harness, Keyser Manufacturing, Integra Shocks and Springs, Fast Shafts Driveshafts, Speedway Motors, PRC, Sweet Manufacturing, and MSR Mafia Marketing Services.

For the latest team news and updates on Chase Junghans and Shop Quik Racing please visit www.ChaseJunghans.com .