Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Justin Rattliff

The woo drug testing is insurance candy..........nothing more IMO.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I heard Ratliff makes money selling as well.
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    I heard Ratliff makes money selling as well.
    That's been the rumor about his family around his hometown for quite a while

What is the exact rumor with the family?

final nail in the coffin, think ill take up golfing......

Just goes along with tire samples. Won't know the real winner for a couple days after the race pending tire samples and drug tests.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Jason Jameson has been set to be in that car since the spring 50. It would've been rare to see him race anywhere as it is. The car belongs to Justin's dad.
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    Its a bunch of bs. Its WoOs way of looking like the next NASCRAP.
    Quote Originally Posted by B_K View Post
    I'm thinking some of those random picks aren't so random.
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    I want to know what WRG is going to do if guys keep refusing or they fail a test. ..
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Yep.....4 or 5 racers that tour with them regularly tell them to gfy and that rule will fade very quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    The woo drug testing is insurance candy..........nothing more IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    final nail in the coffin, think ill take up golfing......
    @ Zyoung, It was a strategic test, very unrandom, a low risk wager for WRG. They get to look like they're doing something without hurting the show.

@ DD45, you nailed it, purely PR for those who think drug testing keeps them safe.

@ B_K, it was very strategic, the safest of all bets. Test a driver who isn't driving...

@ dirtcrazy4U, Don't worry, no one will be tested that might risk the show and if they are tested they will get a heads up so they can clean up. Use to happen at a company I worked for, one vital employee like to smoke weed so she was always allowed to step out and then be tested last.

@ BBQboy, If it were a real rule that might be true, but this is all very orchestrated to not risk anyone they deem valuable to their product.

@ FastFord, I agree and already made a move to wingless sprints after 30 years involvemnt in DLM.

Wow, it appears no one on this board knows how any testing is ever done. The rule about refusing a test being an auto-fail is no different than refusing a blood, urine or field sobriety test if you're pulled over on suspicion of drunk driving. You refuse the test, it's an admission of guilt.

Don't know the guy from Adam, but to refuse the test is stupid. Take the test and you pass, you did nothing wrong, take the test and you fail, it's the same penalty as refusing the test.

As far as I'm concerned, to get a driver's license to drive on the street you should have to pass a drug test (same goes for applying for welfare or unemployment benefits). But let's all concern ourselves with the thought of "it's their free time, they can do what they want" and ignore the fact that except over-the-counter and prescriptions, most drugs are ILLEGAL federally (doesn't matter that certain states allow marijuana use, it's still illegal federally).

Hate to break this news to most of you, but the drivers and teams that follow the WoO are the ones that push for drug testing, not the sanctioning body. They want to ensure that anyone on the track with them is clean, it's dangerous enough without adding drugs or alcohol to the mix.

I like the rule, and obviously there is a reason he didn't do the test....

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by vande077 View Post
    Wow, it appears no one on this board knows how any testing is ever done. The rule about refusing a test being an auto-fail is no different than refusing a blood, urine or field sobriety test if you're pulled over on suspicion of drunk driving. You refuse the test, it's an admission of guilt.

Don't know the guy from Adam, but to refuse the test is stupid. Take the test and you pass, you did nothing wrong, take the test and you fail, it's the same penalty as refusing the test.

As far as I'm concerned, to get a driver's license to drive on the street you should have to pass a drug test (same goes for applying for welfare or unemployment benefits). But let's all concern ourselves with the thought of "it's their free time, they can do what they want" and ignore the fact that except over-the-counter and prescriptions, most drugs are ILLEGAL federally (doesn't matter that certain states allow marijuana use, it's still illegal federally).

Hate to break this news to most of you, but the drivers and teams that follow the WoO are the ones that push for drug testing, not the sanctioning body. They want to ensure that anyone on the track with them is clean, it's dangerous enough without adding drugs or alcohol to the mix.
    were not talking public highways, were talking private property , only consequences would come from track owner and sanctioning body, nothing criminal. I think if this is a sanctioning body issue, then let all the members/drivers vote on it and then if they vote this rule in, they should make every entrant to there event pee in a cup upon entering the event and test them right then. my mother was a probation officer for 33 yrs and even back then they had test that would give you instant results, so if a driver comes back hot, then they are disqualified right then before the race ever starts, like i said , final nail in the coffin. And by the way. I would pass, but thats beside the point , lets also have a breath alizer there to.....

They need to test the flagmen too! I've seen some I've had doubts about!

Ever notice when you mention drug test, a great many people here pull the shades and lock the doors?

I've been tested randomly for 15 years plus, and I know exactly how they work. I have a CDL and run heavy equipment. I'm for them in my line of work.

I'm for them for welfare too, even unemployment, though I admit, I get like two weeks around Christmas where I'm off work that I can smoke if I want to. Off a month usually, but obviously you don't do that stuff till you come back. In saying that though, I'm with a test for unemployment too.

As much as I'm against the stupid federal laws on weed, they are what they are.

Yeah you got some drivers going yay, but for the most part, really? It wasn't an issue, it's a PR, insurance issue, not what they front it as. Just them spewing NASCAR BS. Zero proof there was a safety issue. And don't forget about alcohol too if you wanna go all NASCAR.

I agree, dumb to not take it. But if he just got done smoking, or snorting, it's a waste of time.

If there was an issue, I'm for it, there wasn't, so I think it's a waste of time, money, and is just dumb.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by ThebigE View Post
    I like the rule, and obviously there is a reason he didn't do the test....
    Obvious? Only to you. He wasn't driving and hasn't been driving...
    Why test someone who isn't even there to drive? What purpose does that serve?

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    were not talking public highways, were talking private property , only consequences would come from track owner and sanctioning body, nothing criminal. I think if this is a sanctioning body issue, then let all the members/drivers vote on it and then if they vote this rule in, they should make every entrant to there event pee in a cup upon entering the event and test them right then. my mother was a probation officer for 33 yrs and even back then they had test that would give you instant results, so if a driver comes back hot, then they are disqualified right then before the race ever starts, like i said , final nail in the coffin. And by the way. I would pass, but thats beside the point , lets also have a breath alizer there to.....
    Private property means zippo when it comes to drug use. if anything a private place can add even more rules (most employers have rules that go above and beyond what is required by law when it comes to drugs, alcohol, weapons, etc.).

If you think you can't be charged criminally on private property you are delusional, private property is where 99.9% of drug busts take place, not on the city street or in a city park, but on private property where they live.

Drivers asked that follow the series have been asking for drug testing for years, this has nothing to with insurance at all. If it did, a sanctioning body like the Interstate Racing Association (sprints in Wisconsin) would have implemented it many, many years ago, the leader of their sanction is in the insurance business. Last I checked, they still don't have a drug policy and if insurance is mandating it as many believe, they would have had it already.

My question is he refused the test during speed weeks in Florida which was almost 2 full months ago. Why is this information being released now instead of the week that it happened???? I am all for drug testing but not when it is handled like this.

Private property means zippo when it comes to drug use. if anything a private place can add even more rules (most employers have rules that go above and beyond what is required by law when it comes to drugs, alcohol, weapons, etc.).

If you think you can't be charged criminally on private property you are delusional, private property is where 99.9% of drug busts take place, not on the city street or in a city park, but on private property where they live.

Drivers asked that follow the series have been asking for drug testing for years, this has nothing to with insurance at all. If it did, a sanctioning body like the Interstate Racing Association (sprints in Wisconsin) would have implemented it many, many years ago, the leader of their sanction is in the insurance business. Last I checked, they still don't have a drug policy and if insurance is mandating it as many believe, they would have had it already.
    Only WoO drivers want drug tests? But Lucas drivers don't? I have never heard it be an issue either way.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    Ever notice when you mention drug test, a great many people here pull the shades and lock the doors?
    I don't think people particularly care. It's no secret anymore. Alot of people do it or have done it. This is a racing forum and people come here to talk racing, not drugs. They spend more money trying to combat it (marijuana) when they could legalize it to an extent and spend the money else where. Now if we're talking like the hard stuff like cocaine, meth etc then put every effort in to stopping that. But it won't ever happen.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Only WoO drivers want drug tests? But Lucas drivers don't? I have never heard it be an issue either way.
    From what I've seen, read and listened to first hand, Lucas drivers have been saying the same things, that they need to have drug testing.

It has nothing to do with those that follow the series (I'd guess most are clean anyway), but they race at many tracks across the country and many drivers drop in for just an event or two. It's easy to police the full time teams as officials see them on a regular basis and know when someone is acting "out of sorts", and they can do random testing on them at any time, anywhere. They can't do that with guys that don't follow them, they have to rely on their gut instinct (suspicion) and request a test or if someone else suspects (another driver, team owner, track promotor, etc.) they may be on drugs, they can request the sanctioning body test them as well.

That is the issue here, not that there is rampant drug use/abuse by the full-time teams/drivers. It's about those that aren't there every week which are extremely hard to police.

Quote Originally Posted by NY DIRT View Post
    My question is he refused the test during speed weeks in Florida which was almost 2 full months ago. Why is this information being released now instead of the week that it happened???? I am all for drug testing but not when it is handled like this.
    I'm gonna guess they waited until after the appeals process finished to announce anything. That's the way things tend to be done anymore.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!