Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Justin Rattliff

Quote Originally Posted by thexfactor0210 View Post
    You cannot be charged with being on drugs. That is a fact.
    Sure you can! It's called public intoxication....

Having Weed in your system is not illegal. The position of the controlled substance is what is illegal. Unless you are on some type of criminal probation then having it in your system is illegal

Depending on how recent you smoked would reflect in the ng/mL reading after the DUA (Drug Urine Analysts.) I work in treatment and we can pretty much narrow it down to about a two day time frame of when you lasted smoked. They are testing THC-COOH which is a byproduct of your body after consuming THC

Nobody is that pisses hot is going to go to jail unless your on probation end-story.

Now the question is.. If I just went to a legalized state and participated (say Colorado) and I'm not a chronic smoker and I came back and 5 days later I raced in an event. I'm going to piss hot but I am not Under the influence. Now I am assuming they filled out a contract that stats they have to remain drug free. (Kinda like the ones that we all fill out when we work in drug free companies.) With that being said you better read the small writing on the paperwork

Its all CYA..

funny he looks high with red dilated eyes and all, in the picture used for DOD picture with this story.

one thought on the reason why it took so long was he might have had to have proof of prescription or something of that demeanor and he couldn't come up with the documentation.

We are all assuming it's weed!! We are in an Opoid epidemic and have seen a high rise in opioid abuse. Kentucky being #8 highest in the country..

Not throwing sticks but just making a Statement!

good for WOO. Lucas should be doing the same. Drivers deserve to know they are racing against drug-free competitors and the sanctioned body is willing to provide the safest possible environment.
    Last edited by IZZOJR16; 04-21-2017 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ksmitty79 View Post
    one thought on the reason why it took so long was he might have had to have proof of prescription or something of that demeanor and he couldn't come up with the documentation.

We are all assuming it's weed!! We are in an Opoid epidemic and have seen a high rise in opioid abuse. Kentucky being #8 highest in the country..

Not throwing sticks but just making a Statement!
    i agree, we are having a huge problem down here with opioid,s and heroin , but i think help is on the way,"wink".

Question

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    I've lost count of the people I've seen walk off the job knowing they can't pass a whiz test.....none of them went to jail or was even threatened to be arrested. I know I said this in another thread awhile back. One guy I worked with came back he was pregnant in his test. Could they arrest him for stealing?
    Saw that in a Cheech & Chong Movie back in the day. LOL. Kept the sample in a not so clean Mayonaise jar.

Quote Originally Posted by vande077 View Post
    The rule about refusing a test being an auto-fail is no different than refusing a blood, urine or field sobriety test if you're pulled over on suspicion of drunk driving. You refuse the test, it's an admission of guilt.
    Not it is NOT an admission of guilt to refuse to do a drug test at a track by a non-employer. The end result in how the sanction treats you is the same as a fail, but no guilt can be established, period.

Quote Originally Posted by vande077 View Post
    Hate to break this news to most of you, but the drivers and teams that follow the WoO are the ones that push for drug testing, not the sanctioning body. They want to ensure that anyone on the track with them is clean, it's dangerous enough without adding drugs or alcohol to the mix.
    This statement is interesting, but I need a couple of answers since you claim to be able to speak for drivers on multiple series.

1) Your location is listed as Iowa, is that where you live and work?

2) How is it if you live in Iowa that you can speak for ALL the drivers on 2 National series and neither is based in your area and rarely go there?

Quote Originally Posted by IZZOJR16 View Post
    good for WOO. Lucas should be doing the same. Drivers deserve to know they are racing against drug-free competitors and the sanctioned body is willing to provide the safest possible environment.
    And patrons walking around in the pits need to know that all the crew , the officials and anybody else on a 4 wheeler , mini bike or golf buggy is not all doped up too.

I am no prude , but if you guys think this is all in the name of safety then let's test everybody that's on these crews, work these tracks and drive these rigs too.

I mean, it's all in the name of safety , correct?

I'm ok with the testing if they are testing everybody and if the implied saftey reasons are sincere......I just personally don't think they are.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

The Knoxville Police are special. Racing is all that happens in their town so they swing their D's anytime they can at the racetrack. Iowa as a whole has seemed very anti-race teams over the past few years. They annually set up big check points on the ways into Knoxville to bust race rigs for not being registered as commercial vehicles, among other things. And I'm not talking about the Randy Sweet thing.

By reading these posts it looks like his career is over and he will have to flee the country!!! hahahahahahahaaa

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    By reading these posts it looks like his career is over and he will have to flee the country!!! hahahahahahahaaa
    And laugh some dam Morris.........in my best blackie voice.

Quote Originally Posted by MaverickSprints View Post
    Saw that in a Cheech & Chong Movie back in the day. LOL. Kept the sample in a not so clean Mayonaise jar.

Not it is NOT an admission of guilt to refuse to do a drug test at a track by a non-employer. The end result in how the sanction treats you is the same as a fail, but no guilt can be established, period.

This statement is interesting, but I need a couple of answers since you claim to be able to speak for drivers on multiple series.

1) Your location is listed as Iowa, is that where you live and work?

2) How is it if you live in Iowa that you can speak for ALL the drivers on 2 National series and neither is based in your area and rarely go there?
    Yes, I live and work in IA

I can READ the driver's comments on Social Media and Press Releases and listen when they race and talk in my area. Haven't seen or heard a single driver say anything negative about the drug policy and most supported it on social media the day it was announced. If they had an issue with it, they either wouldn't support the series, or they would make no comment at all.

Do I think the national followers have any drug users? The probability is there from a statistics standpoint.

The bottom line is that someone WILL make a scene at some point and WILL get arrested. Just refusing the test won't be the issue, it will be them flying off the handle forcing the promotor's hand to call the police.

I've seen this happen in placed I have worked in the past. Someone was asked to leave, they refused, started to make a scene and eventually the police were called. They continued to make a scene and got themselves arrested and due to their behavior, a judge signed off on a warrant to search their car. Luckily, they didn't have anything on their person or in his car, but their attitude and behavior gave the cops probable cause. If they'd just walked away as they were asked, nothing would have happened at all. That was nearly 20 years ago now. And the world has changed A LOT since that time and everyone is more on edge than ever.

I've seen more people walked out of their place of employment by police in the last 5 years than I have the previous 25.

^^^^^^ This guys logic smh

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Vande077. Where the heck do you live ? I have stood beside men that refused drug test at work. Same as owner,driver,crew at a sanctioned WoO race. There is no big scene, no police are called, nothing. Can you work, no. They send that person home. At a race track if that driver refuses they have stated in there rules a bunch of crap, and crap and crap. So if I am the guy that runs SLM in Pennsylvania and on Wednesday I went and bought weed at the now legal weed refueling station and went fishing and rolled a dubbie and enjoyed my day of fishing. Come tomorrow we head to Lernerville for the Firecracker. I get tested and you open your mouth about crap I am going to own your a**. This is all a load of crap being pushed by idiots like yourself that think all people are guilty screw state laws. You need to go hug a tree that has poison ivy growing around it. Your a nut huggin, tree loving attention getter worm. Have a good day.
    But they didn't make a scene, I assume they left when asked.

Had they made a scene about it (as you state you would above), I'm sure the employer would have called the police to have them removed. It's the escalation and the scene that someone makes that causes the issue, it has nothing to do with the initial test. But then again, everyone has forgotten basic Civics in our Country these days too.

I don't think all people are guilty as you assume I did. I know guys that smoke weed and it's their business to do so. However, they also are smart enough to know that if they refuse a drug test (or fail one) at work that they will be unemployed. They are also smart enough to not make a scene and make matters worse in the event that happens.

There are people that will cause a scene (even non-drug users) when asked to take a drug test. The scene they cause forces the employer's hands when it comes to calling local law enforcement (in this case, it would be a track promotor). Looks like you'd be one of those that would force their hand to calling the police.

I am not a driver, but both of my brothers are former racers. They would not want a guy that has done drugs on the track with them either. Contrary to popular belief on this board (and others), even legal drugs have an adverse effect on you (reaction time) and until that drug is no longer in your system you shouldn't be behind the wheel of a passenger car, let alone a racecar.

I like your posts vande, but you make a lot of assumptions about what people may or may not do.....

As a deputy if they asked him to leave and he didn't. I would trespass him from the property and advise him not to return need of story. If he became irate and causing a scene I could cite him for disorderly conduct or arrest him on it. Depends on his actions. If I had the suspicion he was under the influence I could give a field sobriety test and if he failed I could arrest him for a pedestrian under the influence. 99% of law enforcement officers would just trespass him from the property with no other action taken. Wouldn't have a choice if powers of the property do not want him on the premises. He could not be arrested unless he is on probation or parole and that would be on his probation or parole officer. You would have to contact them and go through the process. It's really not worth the time.

All this does is let DLM racing world know what the Central KY has known for years.

FACT

Someone tweeted earlier, not sure if it was WoO or UMP Dirt car saying Justin Ratliff completed a program, asked for reinstatement and was given it.

Just use clean pea.

I think vande needs drug tested there is no way in he** you can get arrested for a failed drug test. The drug testing is a joke.