Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Well that's not right you can't change the rules in the middle of the game .

Quote Originally Posted by 3 wide View Post
    Well that's not right you can't change the rules in the middle of the game .
    Lol. Well, watch the video. Was 100% the right call. All 14 drivers agreed to it. And I'd bet it's in their handbook or rules about adverse track conditions/weather, and that they can change points/laps, at their discretion.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Well it is there series they can do what they want to it just makes me less interested in going to a Lucas oil race everybody has to run on the same track.

Whether or not the drivers agreed on it (which obviously they did), this has to be the most disappointing trend that is starting to happen with these big two national series. Deciding not to count points because the track sucks. Like 3 wide said, I am loosing interest in caring about points when they just pick and choose when they want to count the points. That isn't really fair to the fans who want to see their drivers run hard and not pull off the track to save their stuff because it is a non points race. Same thing down in Florida where they have the "Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series" banners hanging at the track but only make half of the events point races. I'm just not into it, but that's my opinion. I'm sure plenty will disagree.

I had a old guy tell me racing in the rough separates the men from the boyz. Some of the most entertaining races I have watched has been in the rough.

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    Whether or not the drivers agreed on it (which obviously they did), this has to be the most disappointing trend that is starting to happen with these big two national series. Deciding not to count points because the track sucks. Like 3 wide said, I am loosing interest in caring about points when they just pick and choose when they want to count the points. That isn't really fair to the fans who want to see their drivers run hard and not pull off the track to save their stuff because it is a non points race. Same thing down in Florida where they have the "Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series" banners hanging at the track but only make half of the events point races. I'm just not into it, but that's my opinion. I'm sure plenty will disagree.
    Nope I agree with you, take the good with the bad.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    I had a old guy tell me racing in the rough separates the men from the boyz. Some of the most entertaining races I have watched has been in the rough.
    last year at Carolina speedway in North Carolina the WOO guys were leaving the ground with all Four wheels. Chub Frank started about 14th and finished second he said after the race he would take those track conditions over a smooth locked down track any day.

That's right most of the time the track is more racey and if this had been run 20 years ago nothing would have been said about it has got to the point were everything has to be just right.

I watched the video on DOD, I thought that was wildly entertaining. Not sure why the series wouldn't want to promote those highlights instead of the freight train races they obviously prefer. Sure it was a little rough and claimed some cars, but oh well.

You can certainly tell which drivers care about entertaining the fans from the others

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I'm guessing some alcohol is involved here
    Some??? Lol, the guy is tanked

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    I agree with you kidrock it is absolutely rediculouis to have all these fans come and pay their money to watch a good lucus race and because the track becomes ruff at least half the drivers pull off are you kidding me right now cmon is this what DLM has gotten to some of these drivers need to get back to their roots and buck up and race
    I am what I am

I don't blame them one bit for pulling off.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Nope. Sh!t is just so expensive now. At least most tried and didn't just pull in. It is disappointing, and if you don't wanna show to one of their races, that's your right.

I don't pay their bills and if I had the choice to pull off, still make some money, and have a car not completely trashed, I'd probably do it.

I mean, 7 outta 24, not exactly rocket science.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Once they made it a no points event, might as well park it on lap 1.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

I see both sides and not scour witch on I am on.. but I know one thing it $ucks for the fan....

I know one thing the track trying to make it better scour made it worse with the new Clay...

After watching the dod video, It didn't look terrible to me. I've seen a lot worse.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by Black F View Post
    Some??? Lol, the guy is tanked
    He needs to take his meds
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

I can see both sides. Drivers/owners want to keep costs down. Lucas helped Sharon save face. And it did suck for the fans. But what I dont understand why not just reschedule later in the year? They couldve put this race with the July races they have in OH
    Last edited by dirtdobber45; 04-22-2017 at 11:53 AM.
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!