Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Nope. Sh!t is just so expensive now. At least most tried and didn't just pull in. It is disappointing, and if you don't wanna show to one of their races, that's your right.

I don't pay their bills and if I had the choice to pull off, still make some money, and have a car not completely trashed, I'd probably do it.

I mean, 7 outta 24, not exactly rocket science.
    Especially with 2 more nights of racing, obviously with Hagerstown cancelling already, still you never know.

I mean, 7 outta 24, not exactly rocket science.
    Nice pun!......At least 5 of those were Rockets!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

I was wondering why everyone pulled off.... now i know. I have to say that in the heats it was very rough. Yes they graded and yes it got better... at feature time the guys still running figured out where to put their cars on the track. Was it still alittle bumpy, yes. Was it racy, yes. Had i known that they had the option to make this a non points race and all the guys were gonna pull off....would i have gone...NO. I was ok with 7 cars finishing the race (while thinking they broke or flat tire or similar) now i get home and find out that it was fear of a rough track that had them quit makes me angry i spent $200 on gas and 13 hours driving. f i woulda know i would have just gone to the grove to watch a sprint car win from 9th. That being said i will still be going to Port to watch the "supposed" best in the business again.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    I can see both sides. Drivers/owners want to keep costs down. Lucas helped Sharon save face. And it did suck for the fans. But what I dont understand why not just reschedule later in the year? They couldve put this race with the July races they have in OH
    You take what Lucas gives you. Beings that I know the reasons for the date etc I'll explain. They had been trying for a Lucas race for a few years. They got one and that's the date they got. It rained out the last two years and wasn't made up. So obviously Lucas doesn't want anymore races than what they are at, all I can think of, as far as trying to squeeze it in somewhere.

It'll be ok, hopefully they get to keep the date. Because I think in the end the tracks going to be bad a$$. It wasn't as bad as I previously thought, seen worse.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

You take what Lucas gives you. Beings that I know the reasons for the date etc I'll explain. They had been trying for a Lucas race for a few years. They got one and that's the date they got. It rained out the last two years and wasn't made up. So obviously Lucas doesn't want anymore races than what they are at, all I can think of, as far as trying to squeeze it in somewhere.It'll be ok, hopefully they get to keep the date. Because I think in the end the tracks going to be bad a$$. It wasn't as bad as I previously thought, seen worse.
    I see what your saying... just a thought. But you take what theyll give ya thing.
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

A few years ago I went to a big race at tri state speedway helfrichs track they had put wood chips on the track to help it hold moisture it was the roughest race track I ever saw I seen the bottom side of moyers car several times Ed Dixon won it and Moyer was second and nobody complained that was the roughest track I ever saw probably been 10 years

Quote Originally Posted by 3 wide View Post
    A few years ago I went to a big race at tri state speedway helfrichs track they had put wood chips on the track to help it hold moisture it was the roughest race track I ever saw I seen the bottom side of moyers car several times Ed Dixon won it and Moyer was second and nobody complained that was the roughest track I ever saw probably been 10 years

That's when they had real drivers. Now they need slick tracks for TC to work.

You take what Lucas gives you. Beings that I know the reasons for the date etc I'll explain. They had been trying for a Lucas race for a few years. They got one and that's the date they got. It rained out the last two years and wasn't made up. So obviously Lucas doesn't want anymore races than what they are at, all I can think of, as far as trying to squeeze it in somewhere.

It'll be ok, hopefully they get to keep the date. Because I think in the end the tracks going to be bad a$$. It wasn't as bad as I previously thought, seen worse.
    The date Sharon got is the one Roaring Knob gave up 2 years ago. Used to be a Knob on Fri., Hagerstown on Sat. weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by racingfool32 View Post
    That's when they had real drivers. Now they need slick tracks for TC to work.
    They don't use traction control. They are quicker without it. It does matter that the cars are made to lock into the track per se. They can't handle the rough like they used too.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    The date Sharon got is the one Roaring Knob gave up 2 years ago. Used to be a Knob on Fri., Hagerstown on Sat. weekend.
    Yep. Glad they got it, hopefully this doesn't end it. I think it'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by 3 wide View Post
    A lot has changed in ten years. Them cars can't handle the rough anymore. And they did still race, just changed the point structure. Not to mention ole Ed Dixon.

Pay 30$ for a hot lap session..what needed to happen was lucas or the track or somebody give the fans a refund..or at least half a refund...

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    Pay 30$ for a hot lap session..what needed to happen was lucas or the track or somebody give the fans a refund..or at least half a refund...
    We know that will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by KBM18fan View Post
    Colton Flinner is running 9th. Ya'll been saying he is out of his element. Looks like he is gonna have a top 10 despite the naysayers.

There was only 9 cars running lol

I think last years race at Lawerenceburg speedways race was about the same way ....Seems like it was under 10 cars finished the race .... Feel free to correct me if im wrong ....
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by racingfool32 View Post
    We know that will never happen.
    They still ran the 50 lap feature. I've been at Eldora when they've only finished 12 cars or so. They still paid out the purse and ran the show. Changed the points, that's it. Ridiculous to do what you're asking and a great way to go broke.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hubbard View Post
    I think last years race at Lawerenceburg speedways race was about the same way ....Seems like it was under 10 cars finished the race .... Feel free to correct me if im wrong ....
    There has been numerous ones over the years where that happens. I believe you're correct on Lburg too.

It happens, Spring 50 at Florence is one famous for it.

They better worry about putting on a show for the fans or they will be were nascar is now.

Sharon over the years has cancelled shows after extended rains prior to race day but not because the track was to wet but because the parking lot turns into a swamp. I got there late and the parking swamp was already full of cars buried to their axles. They finally figured that out and opened the old turns 3-4 asphalt track and let us park there. My guess is they had their hands full extracting all the cars from the parking swamp after the event. Oh what fans will endure to see a race!! The other thing is the race still paid $10,000 to win and a lot of guys stayed out trying to make some money like Chub frank and others. Problem is Chub broke and by the looks of his suspension damage the $1100 he got for tenth place turned a net loss for him. Most all other drivers met the same fate.
    Last edited by onclay; 04-23-2017 at 08:06 AM.
    If you don't know it, why make a fool of yourself by saying it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hubbard View Post
    L'burg is always rough. It has to do with how the track drains, and it leaves high and low spots in the corners. I don't think I've ever seen that place super smooth when the late models are there. You're right though, not very many finished it last year. I like that place for that ran though, it's always a interesting race.