Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Kudos to the drivers for voting it a non-points race

Top 14 in Lucas points unanimously voted to make last nights a-main a non points paying event and only show up points were awarded. No one (drivers, crews, fans, series officials) want a points championship possibly decided by a luck of the draw of who breaks and who doesn't on a track that was an absolute plowed cornfield from lap 1 of hotlaps.

Bunch of sissies... Did they call Davenport for his vote?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

I thought the whole point of a points championship is to reward the guy who runs all the races, goes through adversity, and has more ups than they do downs. That's why it is a "season" long award. Its April, if you had hard luck last night then just make up for it somewhere else. I know that most of the guys on the tour are over 40, and even 50, and don't want to bounce around that much, but it looks like the younger guys weren't scared to run. Rocket cars handled the rough just fine apparently, even Flinner. There is a steering wheel and a brake pedal in most of those cars, drive around the holes.

Quote Originally Posted by mccreadiefan39 View Post
    Top 14 in Lucas points unanimously voted to make last nights a-main a non points paying event and only show up points were awarded. No one (drivers, crews, fans, series officials) want a points championship possibly decided by a luck of the draw of who breaks and who doesn't on a track that was an absolute plowed cornfield from lap 1 of hotlaps.
    Isn't all championship based on a little luck, who breaks and who doesn't... what about when someone has a bad points night when the track rubbers and they blow a tire... the drivers and series don't get together and say well Scott blew out with 2 to go and we need to take the points off because the conditions changed the out come of the race. I bet if McCreadie would of won and,Josh and Bloomquist had trouble you would have been complaining about it being a non points race... don't make bias comments like this when your user name is mccreadiefan39. All races should be points when racing for a championship it shows who was best prepared for all conditions.. now the Lucas championship is tainted just like WOO is.

If WoO drivers did this people be screaming bloody murder.....NFL it was raining to hard this game don't count.....

[QUOTE=onlyfacts;2099523]Isn't all championship based on a little luck, who breaks and who doesn't... what about when someone has a bad points night when the track rubbers and they blow a tire... the drivers and series don't get together and say well Scott blew out with 2 to go and we need to take the points off because the conditions changed the out come of the race. I bet if McCreadie would of won and,Josh and Bloomquist had trouble you would have been complaining about it being a non points race... don't make bias comments like this when your user name is mccreadiefan39. All races should be points when racing for a championship it shows who was best prepared for all conditions.. now the Lucas championship is tainted just like WOO is. Lucas Racers that shorted the fans last night by pulling off are a bunch of pussies. QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    If WoO drivers did this people be screaming bloody murder.....NFL it was raining to hard this game don't count.....
    The WoO did do this last year at Rockford. There was a lot of b*tching.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

WOO did it in Florida this year too but that was a little different, nobody could see to drive (supposedly).

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    WOO did it in Florida this year too but that was a little different, nobody could see to drive (supposedly).
    I was there, they couldn't!

As for the race last nite, it didn't look that terrible, but then again I wasn't there.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

I do not have a dog in this fight. But I do not think track conditions and championship points should affect a season long championship. If it is a points race on the schedule, then it is for points IMO

I'm guessing if a bunch of you numskulls get out your checkbooks and hand these drivers a check for say $50k-$100k they will be more than happy to demolish their equipment on a track that was better suited for the Lucas Oil Off Road Series.
    As long as the drivers and or team owners are paying the bills they can d@mn well do as they please with their equipment.
    They all should have grown a set of balls and loaded them up on the trailer when they seen the track was a mess......

Seems like the ones that "grown a set of balls" were out there standing on the loud pedal and racing the distance.

I can see both sides of the deal. It is dirt racing, and this could happen with the track falling apart a lot more than it does. This is the highest level of DLM racing and I don't really agree with it. I know these sports are not anywhere the same. In mx racing they deal the elements of the track being rough, and even race in the making for dangerous conditions to race in. It just happened at the last race. They shortened the race by 5 mins (which is normally 20mins) but they didn't change the points structure any. Maybe they should've shortened the race to 25 or 30 laps instead of making the guys run all 50 and not making it a points race.

It was a lose/lose situation for everyone that was there drivers, crews, and fans. No one was really going to walk away happy, except for the winning team.

Quote Originally Posted by ClampedUp View Post
    I'm guessing if a bunch of you numskulls get out your checkbooks and hand these drivers a check for say $50k-$100k they will be more than happy to demolish their equipment on a track that was better suited for the Lucas Oil Off Road Series.
    As long as the drivers and or team owners are paying the bills they can d@mn well do as they please with their equipment.
    They all should have grown a set of balls and loaded them up on the trailer when they seen the track was a mess......
    Please...

Have any of these guys ever voted for a show-up points only race when the track was a locked down, single lane POS? Have any of these guys ever voted for a show-up points only race at Charlotte when the track was in worse condition than Sharon was last night? I am guessing "no". I will stand corrected if otherwise.

If you want perfect conditions every night, find something else to do. Otherwise you will be whining a lot and racing for a lot of show-up points.

Obviously Lucas didn't find the track acceptable to race on if they agreed with the drivers to hold a vote.

Like I said before, everyone's quick to complain because they aren't the ones footing the bills for these rides. Flinner made $1300 I believe. He was still running at the end but probly cost him $3000+ in wear and tear. And not to knock him but that's a guy who is committed to running the whole tour but requires a provisional every week.

How would all of you keyboard warriors feel if the track decided to cancel the entire show because of the track conditions???

In a round-about way, fans ARE footing the bill by buying tickets, supporting the series, buying merchandise. Most drivers don't care about that, nor do I expect them to, but the whole "the teams foot the bill so they can do what they want" is getting old. It is true, but getting old. You would like to think by "footing the bill" and buying race cars, engines, hundreds of thousands of dollars on a rig.....that they would want to actually "race". Some of them may want to look into drag racing instead of dirt.

That's true they are but probly only 5% or less for each team from ticket sales, support, merchandise sales you claim
    Last edited by MI Dirt Fan; 04-22-2017 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    They did it prerace over tire wear fears the one night at Volusia.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by NY DIRT View Post
    How would all of you keyboard warriors feel if the track decided to cancel the entire show because of the track conditions???
    Good. For any track, that would show a responsibility for not providing a safe and adequate racing surface. Along with providing a refund.

Didn't they cancel the birthday race at Oakshade yrs ago because a few drivers thought the track was too fast.
    Last edited by MI Dirt Fan; 04-22-2017 at 11:41 AM.