Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ClampedUp View Post
    I'm guessing if a bunch of you numskulls get out your checkbooks and hand these drivers a check for say $50k-$100k they will be more than happy to demolish their equipment on a track that was better suited for the Lucas Oil Off Road Series.
    As long as the drivers and or team owners are paying the bills they can d@mn well do as they please with their equipment.
    They all should have grown a set of balls and loaded them up on the trailer when they seen the track was a mess......
    No one forced them to spend the money they did. No one put a gun to their heads to race. They could race or not with points awarded. When inmates run the asylum, things are wrong. Period.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    That's true they are but probly only 5% or less for each team from ticket sales, support, merchandise sales you claim
    No one enters the front gate, the races quit happening. Period
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by ClampedUp View Post
    I'm guessing if a bunch of you numskulls get out your checkbooks and hand these drivers a check for say $50k-$100k they will be more than happy to demolish their equipment on a track that was better suited for the Lucas Oil Off Road Series.
    As long as the drivers and or team owners are paying the bills they can d@mn well do as they please with their equipment.
    They all should have grown a set of balls and loaded them up on the trailer when they seen the track was a mess......
    Part of racing .. Like it or not good track bad track PART of racing..If they don't like it pull off but than the lose points .. IF they Own the car they can do what they please and then they lose the points up to them..

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    No one enters the front gate, the races quit happening. Period
    Yep. That falls back on the track though.

What I was trying to say is of all the ways teams make money it's a very small percentage, I bet 5% or less to cover expenses, compared to sponsorship money and or what the team owners are paying straight outta pocket to put the cars down the road and on track each time.

Even you should know that.

Tell us this vote wasn't taken after the race. I hate a rough track as much as anyone, but they all raced on the same track. If it was done before the race, where the spectators offered a discount or refund, because they didn't get what they paid for. Granted Rockford and this track last night where junk. If they where concerned about the cars, they shouldn't have raced. But, they did race and the points should have counted. I don't care who won the race, but they did earn it.

This is a fool me twice for LOLM. do I want to go to their races if they change the rules at a moments notice and not get what I paid for.

In defense of Lucas, they have to try to keep those guys happy and on the tour, but I feel like they are opening up a can of worms. Moving forward, every time a track is rough, are they going to give the drivers the power to vote before every feature if they want it to count as points or not? Just seems like a bad trend to start. Heck if they do that, Bloomer will vote for no points the rest of the year considering he is in the lead.

Again, this situation is probably not reason for mass outrage, but it could easily get out of control if the series lets the drivers make the points decisions.

As I asked on another thread... why didnt they reschedule this race in July or one of the weekends they are scheduled to be in OH? Hate it for the fans
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post

Again, this situation is probably not reason for mass outrage, but it could easily get out of control if the series lets the drivers make the points decisions.
    Why wouldn't they? They are the drivers of the series.

Why wouldn't they? They are the drivers of the series.
    Because the series needs to run the series. The drivers need to drive. If they want to start their own series, they should.

Why bash Lucas Oil? They let the racers basically decide what to do.
    8/13/16

Yep. That falls back on the track though.

What I was trying to say is of all the ways teams make money it's a very small percentage, I bet 5% or less to cover expenses, compared to sponsorship money and or what the team owners are paying straight outta pocket to put the cars down the road and on track each time.

Even you should know that.
    True. But I showed you how the front gate is the ultimate trump card.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Why bash Lucas Oil? They let the racers basically decide what to do.
    That's exactly what they did wrong. Have done wrong. Continue to do wrong.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    Because the series needs to run the series. The drivers need to drive. If they want to start their own series, they should.
    No drivers no series.

No drivers no series.
    Name a driver who has ever dropped off a series because the track was too rough and the series made them run for points? If these guys are that big of cry babies, they need a spankin'

Can't because a driver isn't going to drop off a series because one track is too rough.

Can't because a driver isn't going to drop off a series because one track is too rough.
    Right. I definitely think the series should try their best to keep the drivers happy, give them input on some things, but deciding which races should or shouldn't count towards points is too much rope. BUT that's just my opinion and there is no right or wrong answer. It's hard (well obviously not too hard because we do it) to sit back and criticize the series as a whole because of how successful they have been.

The drivers are not the problem here. The problem is Sharon and Lucas for not calling this race early in the day or the prior day. The track and grounds were not ready for an event of this magnitude. I give the drivers credit for even bringing their cars out on that track points or no points. I am just a fan but watching equipment get tore up is not my idea of fun. I wish I had stayed home.

https://twitter.com/B_Sheppard_B5/st...48079059582977

This track should never be on the schedule again

When drivers vote for no points, they are voting for their pocket book. It's hard not to vote for your own pocket book, even if it means voting against the fan in the stands. With this vote, the fans got a start and park for 2/3rds of the starting field. Not much of a show for the price of a points show.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    When drivers vote for no points, they are voting for their pocket book. It's hard not to vote for your own pocket book, even if it means voting against the fan in the stands. With this vote, the fans got a start and park for 2/3rds of the starting field. Not much of a show for the price of a points show.
    If all 24 cars raced 100% for as long as the car held together last night I guarantee you there would have been $100,000 in total damage to the field so if the track and fans want to pony up that money to fix all 24 cars then I'm sure all drivers would have raced 100%.

Last nights track conditions didn't start getting bad on lap 20 of the A-Main, from lap 1 of hotlaps cars were getting airborne.

ALL 14 drivers voted for no points not 3 or 4 who started in the back ALL 14, that says something for how bad it really was.