Stuhler
    Haus
    Brenneman
    Smith
    Lupfer
    Campbell
    Pearson

looks like a train race so far

What the hell do you expect in the heats when the fast guys start up front. 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by bullittwrench View Post
    What the hell do you expect in the heats when the fast guys start up front. 
    And add that tire rule that has them all on soft tires. Everyone was ripping on Golden Isles at beginning of year for the train races there but most Lucas races this year have been the same way.

For those who have not been to Port Royal I will tell you that it's shape and size makes it a very aero-sensitive track for late models so being out front is a big advantage at this this track

Satterlee
    Eckert
    Zeigler
    Richards
    Mcreadie

10 to go

Eckert
    Satterlee
    Zeigler
    Richards
    Mcreadie

4 to go

A main finish

Eckert
    Satterlee
    Zeigler
    Richards
    Mcreadie
    D.O'Neal
    Erb
    Owen's
    Pearson
    Lanigan
    Bloomquist
    Bshep
    H.oneal
    Cosner
    Hubbard
    Shuler
    Frye
    Francis
    Briggs
    Hollenbeck
    Brenneman
    Lupfer
    Lee
    Flinner
    D!ckson

Quote Originally Posted by m_stagev View Post
    Its called back gate money.
    I get that. They try and guarantee cars too.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    I believe Merritt Speedway in N. MI did that. They would run Outlaw LM (with the Lexan side boards) the final night of the season which would be Championship night for regular LM but not everyone would run those so if you didn't race you would lose points positions. I'm pretty sure on atleast one occasion a guy lost the Championship because of it.
    That's what I don't like about. You can cost someone a chance at a points title with something like this.
    Just a Sportmod racer at Nelson Boys Racing.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    A main finish EckertSatterlee Zeigler Richards Mcreadie D.O'Neal ErbOwen'sPearson Lanigan Bloomquist BshepH.oneal CosnerHubbardShulerFryeFrancisBriggsHollenbeckBren nemanLupferLee Flinner D!ckson
    Whoa EPJ went from 24th to 9th dude
    I am what I am

LOLMDS points after port Royal 1.Bloomquist 2260. 2.tim mccreadie 2140. 3.Josh Richards 2110
    I am what I am

What car was Sheppard in? The house car or family car?

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    What car was Sheppard in? The house car or family car?
    House car.

Dodgecity.. To answer your question.. Port Royal is always tacky for hotlaps and usually the 1st few heat races.. Then by feature time its dry slick from top to bottom and smooth..The track will blow off during the heats and dry out.. If you watch the feature video you will see its far from 1 laned.. When its to wet the track stays narrow and you don't see much passing.. But for a typical Port Royal race night, like I said ,its dry slick top to bottom and guys can run all over the track.. Hope that answers your question.. Tire rule was 01 or 04 for RR.. 1300 or 1325 ribs on other 3 corners
    Last edited by 06Tireman; 04-23-2017 at 10:49 PM. Reason: adding

I was at Port tonight, the track was great all night, you could run pretty much anywhere. The top may have been slightly better in the heats, but they were all over the track in the B-Mains and feature. Great racing, too bad Satterlee didn't get the win, he was the car to beat most of the night.

After watching the video, that is a pretty neat looking race track. Kind of reminds me of Knoxville but not as wide, old big fairground track style. You don't see too many tracks still in operation that are in the middle of a bunch of homes. Down in the South it seems like people buy homes around a racetrack then complain enough about the noise to get it shut down.
    Last edited by zach51; 04-24-2017 at 09:55 AM.

The race track is Port Royal. The town rallies around the track like no other place I have seen.

Knoxville is pretty dang committed to their track, not sure if it is more from economic reasons than pure love for the sport, but either way. Their police cars even have racing flags on them lol

The town of Port Royal lives for the races every Saturday night.. So, So many inprovements have happened there over the last 6 years its amazing and I am very happy to see them being made.. The track is located on the Juniata Co fairgrounds and had the old style covered grandstands til a few years ago when the fairboard went to the state of PA and received a grant for the money to buy the new main grandstands.. They moved the scoring tower to the top of the new grand stands making every seat clear for viewing the track.. Added clay a few times over the last few seasons.. Last spring they bought some sections of the grandstands from Daytona International Speedway and had them installed adding over more seats.. This season there is Musco lighting being added and I heard this week the new scoreboard is being installed for this coming weekends All Star Sprint car race.. They wanted it done for last nights race but the weather and they waited for an engineer to come in and inspect things before putting it up.. Cant say enough about the promotion team there.. Hearing rumors of the fairboard buying the school across the street from the grounds to add even more parking and camping..

Last night was my first trip to Port Royal, and I will definitely be making the 3 1/2 trip again! Loved the racing, the fans, and the hot dogs.. Was a pretty neat drive through the town, something I've never experienced on my way to any race... So anyone that's never been, it really is worth the trip..
    I don't always post on 4m.. But when I do, I'm usually sitting on the crapper!!