Thumbs up Illinois racer Kevin Weaver with a little bit of help. Thanks to one fan Tex Morton

Seen a Facebook post this morning from the "Fans of Kevin Weaver" page that some one helped him pay for the Safety mandates from WRG / DIRTcar. It is a awesome to know some one I have met a few time a Kankakee and other tracks Tex Morton has decide to help Kevin pay for the safety equipment so he can run the Lucas Oil and WOO races this year. Folks like Tex are one of the biggest reason I am happy to say I am a fan of Dirt racing and racing in general. Like a big family when one needs a bit of a hand. Kevin is a great person and even nicer to talk to. I'd like to thank Tex for his support towards Kevin. With out this Kevin may have missed the Prairie Dirt Classic at a tracks that fans absolutely love him at. For folks that don't know him Tex has done a lot of traveling to see races and support tracks like the week in Arizona during the Wild West Shootout, Magnolia, and a whole lot more.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Thanks Tex!!

Thanks Tex

Thanks tex

Great story, but after all of the tragedies we've seen, it is still frustrating to know that he was still going to buy tires and whatever misc parts he needs to race and kick the safety stuff to the side unless the funding came along. In no way am I trying to rain on a great story, but come on now. Safety has got to be a priority over all other expenditures. But I know, I know, racers are racers and it will never change.

Thats good to hear Keven is a good man and glad to see him get some help Thanks Tex....

there are many racers that feel the required "safety" equipment requires by touring series are beyond what is needed to race. I tend to agree, the current fuel cells and seating, are more than adequate for most local drivers. It's called CYA for the major sponsors, should you have an accident that causes injury from one of these mandated safety devices, are the sanctioning body's liable because they required these devices. They in essence said the car is safe to race with that equipment!

Spends $30k+ in motors, yet can't spend $5k to keep themselves safe.

Quote Originally Posted by 03fan View Post
    Putty much so that 5000 is for refreshing the motor 1/2 way and then if they spend it they seat...Not all Drivers have 2 or 3 motors...

Does Tex run a business or own something that I could support by shopping with him?

That's a pretty good deal.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

That's a nice thought BBQboy- Tex is just a fan- he's been watching Kevin Weaver race for years and just wanted to help him be able to race the Lucas Oil races at our area tracks like Macon and LaSalle.

That's pretty cool..........
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by 03fan View Post
    You don't know much about Kevin Weaver if you think he spends 30,000 on motors.

Default Thanks Tex

Quote Originally Posted by turnleftandgasit View Post
    You don't know much about Kevin Weaver if you think he spends 30,000 on motors.
    I wish I had the answer for everybody but I no if I try to explain it would end up not being the right thing to say. But I'm glad tex was able to help and just want to say thanks Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by racerb12 View Post
    I wish I had the answer for everybody but I no if I try to explain it would end up not being the right thing to say. But I'm glad tex was able to help and just want to say thanks Kevin
    No one needs to explain noting Its Cool Kevin race till you dont want to no more and we well still cheer him Go B12

Thanks Tex
    I am what I am

Didnt he just need to sign a waiver and he could of raced?

Quote Originally Posted by RRRKKK View Post
    there are many racers that feel the required "safety" equipment requires by touring series are beyond what is needed to race. I tend to agree, the current fuel cells and seating, are more than adequate for most local drivers. It's called CYA for the major sponsors, should you have an accident that causes injury from one of these mandated safety devices, are the sanctioning body's liable because they required these devices. They in essence said the car is safe to race with that equipment!
    There were not adequate for a couple guys named Charlie and Shane last year. Just saying!

I wish people would quit crying about all this stuff. Its your freaking life and your family's lives that suffer when you are stupid. If you can afford to field a Dirt Late Model you can afford to Do the right thing.

Tex is a GREAT guy! And a true race fan.