Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default owens back to eldora in 17'

(April 24, 2017) After careful consideration and much deliberation, Jimmy Owens and Ramirez Motorsports - along with the other race teams implicated in last June's tire controversy at Eldora (OH) Speedway - have jointly decided not to pursue any additional legal action against World Racing Group. While Jimmy maintains his complete innocence in the tire matter from the 2016 'Dirt Late Model Dream' and does not admit to guilt of any kind, the decision to not bring the strong case to court was made for one single reason… the fans. "The fans are really the ones suffering from the fallout after last year's Dream race and I've heard from so many of them wishing that we could run at this event or that event," commented Owens today via telephone. "It was a very tough decision for us to make because we do have such a strong case and I'd like nothing more than to prove my innocence and clear my name from that whole deal. But at the end of the day, the longer a potential lawsuit would draw out - the more the fans are hurt and really the entire sport would suffer. I have a bunch of great and loyal fans and I'm looking forward to be able to race in front of them in certain races we were forced to skip last year!" Team 20 has now added both the 'Dirt Late Model Dream' and the 'World 100' at Eldora Speedway in Rossburg, Ohio to their schedule of events for 2017 and will most likely add additional UMP DIRTcar Series and World of Outlaws Craftsman Late Model Series specials to their racing calendar in the near future. Keep up on the latest dirt concerning the popular driver known as the "Newport Nightmare®" and his Ramirez Motorsports team by logging onto www.JimmyOwens20.com.
    "Running the bottom is like having a job!" ~ Jack Hewitt

I think the reason is more so they want to go run for the big money at the big races, not necessary the fans, but either way that is good news.

The case is never getting refiled. That's pretty obvious. I think Satterlee wil be next to give up the ghost so he can run the Dream and World and other WoO races like the Firecracker. Bloomer will be the last guy to just pay his fine or and he'll do it by showing up to the Dream fine cash in hand. Then he'll go out and win said Dream.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Bloomer will be the last guy to just pay his fine or and he'll do it by showing up to the Dream fine cash in hand. Then he'll go out and win said Dream.
    The probability of that is uncomfortably high for non Bloomer fans! lol

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    The probability of that is uncomfortably high for non Bloomer fans! lol
    Big splash stuff like that is Bloomer's MO. IIRC, that's pretty much how his last "lawsuit" ended.

According to Dustin Jarrett, Gregg Satterlee withdrew his name from the suit last week. That's news to me tho.

It was only a matter of time. I am sure the others will follow along. But I would guess 1 of them will drag it out as long as he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro23 View Post
    According to Dustin Jarrett, Gregg Satterlee withdrew his name from the suit last week. That's news to me tho.
    That's news to me, too. I hadn't heard that one.

Satterlee was on late model live last week. He said they were gonna withdraw.

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdirt View Post
    Satterlee was on late model live last week. He said they were gonna withdraw.
    Oh. I subscribe to DoD but I never watch late model live. Watching dudes talk to each other just isn't that entertaining to me.

Oh. I subscribe to DoD but I never watch late model live. Watching dudes talk to each other just isn't that entertaining to me.
    I'm with you on that. Some people love it, and more power to them. Just not my bag.

On late model live last week Greg announced it.

He says he's innocent.....lololololololol

According to that press release, ALL drivers have dropped the suit.

Thumbs down

Very sad to hear this, it just emboldens big entities to run over everyone. Should've stayed the course because now they have no motivation to do a better job, fix processes or to function in an honorable way. The racers lose and in the end, the fans lose when their driver is the one hung out as a cheater, fined and ostracized, regardless of facts or evidence. Very, very disappointed.

Yep. If it was Lucas and 5 tires came back from test as cheats, they'd get all the drivers together and take a vote on whether to throw that round of samples out.

Oh well I'll be glad to see those guys back at the Big E
    T3G - Never Forget, Hardly Remember
    Eastbay (5)

I hear ya. It has its moments.

Quote Originally Posted by MaverickSprints View Post
    Very sad to hear this, it just emboldens big entities to run over everyone. Should've stayed the course because now they have no motivation to do a better job, fix processes or to function in an honorable way. The racers lose and in the end, the fans lose when their driver is the one hung out as a cheater, fined and ostracized, regardless of facts or evidence. Very, very disappointed.
    I grew out of "The Man is trying hold us down" stage when I was 15 or so. It's really kind of sad that you're a dusty old man that still feels that way.

The case is never getting refiled. That's pretty obvious. I think Satterlee wil be next to give up the ghost so he can run the Dream and World and other WoO races like the Firecracker. Bloomer will be the last guy to just pay his fine or and he'll do it by showing up to the Dream fine cash in hand. Then he'll go out and win said Dream.
    boy, that would be a slap to all the bloomer haters, give them your cash and then take it right back...