Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    I feel the same way about this as I do about steroids in pro sports. If it makes the action more exciting for the fan, I'm all for it. Let them dope their tires all they want and may the best man win.

On the other hand I don't think any of these guys are truly innocent, so that line of bull doesn't cut it. I don't know how secure the lab testing is, but they're probably messing with the tires in the hauler or at the shop. But I don't care if they cheat the tires. They're looking for the competitive edge and from what I'm given to understand, tires are a huge cost, so it makes sense they would want to get the most out of each one.

It just doesn't move the needle much for me either way beyond something interesting to talk about. Let them have their fun with the tires, but as drivers I expect them not to piss on me and tell me it's raining, which is what they're doing when they say "ohh it's for the fans, the poor fans are so cheated that 4-5 of us won't be at Eldora...." And WRG give us a break--you guys aren't exactly pure as the driven snow.
    Pure as the driven snow.......in Detroit.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    "Which is the way he wants it.......well, he gets it"
    A thinking man's reference, had to think it through but I get it...one of my favorite movies btw.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    My thoughts exactly. They think if they proclaim their innocence long enough, then maybe someone will believe them.
    Lots of us still do. WRG made it real clear not to question their authority when they banned everyone for daring to take them to court and get everything out in the open. Then it became a game of resources and who could afford to go without some income opportunities and keep up the legal fees. They made it real clear that even if the racers won and proved there was something amiss with the testing that they'd never return to WRG events or Eldora. Not many pro-DLM drivers can afford to fight them dollar for dollar, much less explain to sponsors that they can't go race some places because they are banned. It boils down to politics and perception and being a large corporate entity, image to them is everything and they must appear to be in control at all costs.
    History doesn't always repeat, but it does often rhyme.