Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tiregate is done

From Delph Communications Facebook page: "(NEWPORT, TENNESSEE) After careful consideration and much deliberation, Jimmy Owens and Ramirez Motorsports – along with the other race teams implicated in last June’s tire controversy at Eldora (OH) Speedway – have jointly decided not to pursue any additional legal action against World Racing Group. While Jimmy maintains his complete innocence in the tire matter from the 2016 ‘Dirt Late Model Dream’ and does not admit to guilt of any kind, the decision to not bring the strong case to court was made for one single reason… the fans.“The fans are really the ones suffering from the fallout after last year’s Dream race and I’ve heard from so many of them wishing that we could run at this event or that event,” commented Owens today via telephone. “It was a very tough decision for us to make because we do have such a strong case and I’d like nothing more than to prove my innocence and clear my name from that whole deal. But at the end of the day, the longer a potential lawsuit would draw out – the more the fans are hurt and really the entire sport would suffer. I have a bunch of great and loyal fans and I’m looking forward to be able to race in front of them in certain races we were forced to skip last year!”Team 20 (Jimmy Owens Racing Updates) has now added both the ‘Dirt Late Model Dream’ and the ‘World 100’ at Eldora Speedway in Rossburg, Ohio to their schedule of events for 2017 and will most likely add additional UMP DIRTcar Series and World of Outlaws Craftsman Late Model Series specials to their racing calendar in the near future. Keep up on the latest dirt concerning the popular driver known as the “Newport Nightmare®” and his Ramirez Motorsports team by logging onto www.JimmyOwens20.com."
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Thumbs down

I don't think everyone has agreed to drop it... Just JO, Satterlee and BShepp. And then there were 2, so "Tiregate" isn't actually done, per se. The press release said, "along with the other race teams implicated". Other Not All. But we'll see in the days to come, it's a shame they gave in, just a real shame.
    Last edited by MaverickSprints; 04-24-2017 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaverickSprints View Post
    I don't think everyone has agreed to drop it... Just JO, Satterlee and BShepp. And then there were 2, so "Tiregate" isn't actually done, per se.
    If you read that press release, it says all other drivers have dropped it.

After careful consideration and much deliberation, Jimmy Owens and Ramirez Motorsports – along with the other race teams implicated in last June’s tire controversy at Eldora (OH) Speedway – have jointly decided not to pursue any additional legal action against World Racing Group.

Were the fines paid?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

"for the fans" or the $125k.....js!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Were the fines paid?
    Since it was part of their penelties, I would assume they will have to before they can race. Otherwise they can get fined again like Richards and Best Motorsports just did from racing at a DIRT sanctioned event. I would say UMP/WoO is holding all the cards and if any of those guys want to race, they will have to pay up and sign that paper saying they have dropped the suit.

Bloomer paid his fine and signed papers as well. Only one that has not is Best Performance Motorsports.
    8/13/16

If anyone believes it is for the fans, I've got some oceanfront property in Arizona for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    If anyone believes it is for the fans, I've got some oceanfront property in Arizona for sale.
    Does it come with a long pier?

If the racers were innocent...Would they really want to race there? Think about it...If they really got screwed, would they pay a fine and sign the papers and then get done wrong again? Looks to me like they were guilty as charged..

Lightbulb I don't believe any fines have actually been paid, if so maybe $1

Quote Originally Posted by donavon View Post
    If the racers were innocent...Would they really want to race there? Think about it...If they really got screwed, would they pay a fine and sign the papers and then get done wrong again? Looks to me like they were guilty as charged..
    Maybe, but I think your ignorant of DLM economics and the difference in perspective of racing for fun and racing to put food on your table. The guys involved in tiregate aren't on their way someplace else, DLM is "IT" for them, Eldora and WRG are a big part of the economy of the DLM world. What would you tell a prospective sponsor who may want exposure at the World 100, "sorry I can't go there". I wish they would have collectively taken it further at least miss 1 year of racing there to amp up the pressure on WRG to man up, but I think deals were made behind the scenes if they agreed to sign on the line. I don't think any fines have been paid, I think this is a quiet political way to make an awkward situation go away.

yup.......

Even if you're innocent, it would cost you more money to keep fighting it than it would to just take your medicine and move on.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Maybe, but I think your ignorant of DLM economics and the difference in perspective of racing for fun and racing to put food on your table. The guys involved in tiregate aren't on their way someplace else, DLM is "IT" for them, Eldora and WRG are a big part of the economy of the DLM world. What would you tell a prospective sponsor who may want exposure at the World 100, "sorry I can't go there". I wish they would have collectively taken it further at least miss 1 year of racing there to amp up the pressure on WRG to man up, but I think deals were made behind the scenes if they agreed to sign on the line. I don't think any fines have been paid, I think this is a quiet political way to make an awkward situation go away.
    x 3......^^^^^!!!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

You could be right but I personally think some guys were falsely advised by some greasy lawyers that they could win the case and then found out it was above their pay grade.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    I agree. It has little, to nothing, to do with the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by donavon View Post
    My thoughts exactly. They think if they proclaim their innocence long enough, then maybe someone will believe them.

I feel the same way about this as I do about steroids in pro sports. If it makes the action more exciting for the fan, I'm all for it. Let them dope their tires all they want and may the best man win.

On the other hand I don't think any of these guys are truly innocent, so that line of bull doesn't cut it. I don't know how secure the lab testing is, but they're probably messing with the tires in the hauler or at the shop. But I don't care if they cheat the tires. They're looking for the competitive edge and from what I'm given to understand, tires are a huge cost, so it makes sense they would want to get the most out of each one.

It just doesn't move the needle much for me either way beyond something interesting to talk about. Let them have their fun with the tires, but as drivers I expect them not to piss on me and tell me it's raining, which is what they're doing when they say "ohh it's for the fans, the poor fans are so cheated that 4-5 of us won't be at Eldora...." And WRG give us a break--you guys aren't exactly pure as the driven snow.
    Last edited by NormP; 04-25-2017 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Side Up 18 View Post
    Even if you're innocent, it would cost you more money to keep fighting it than it would to just take your medicine and move on.
    "Which is the way he wants it.......well, he gets it"