FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

April 24, 2017

Jimmy Owens Adds Eldora Crown Jewel Races to 2017 Schedule of Events

(NEWPORT, TENNESSEE) After careful consideration and much deliberation, Jimmy Owens and Ramirez Motorsports – along with the other race teams implicated in last June’s tire controversy at Eldora (OH) Speedway – have jointly decided not to pursue any additional legal action against World Racing Group. While Jimmy maintains his complete innocence in the tire matter from the 2016 ‘Dirt Late Model Dream’ and does not admit to guilt of any kind, the decision to not bring the strong case to court was made for one single reason… the fans.

“The fans are really the ones suffering from the fallout after last year’s Dream race and I’ve heard from so many of them wishing that we could run at this event or that event,” commented Owens today via telephone. “It was a very tough decision for us to make because we do have such a strong case and I’d like nothing more than to prove my innocence and clear my name from that whole deal. But at the end of the day, the longer a potential lawsuit would draw out – the more the fans are hurt and really the entire sport would suffer. I have a bunch of great and loyal fans and I’m looking forward to be able to race in front of them in certain races we were forced to skip last year!”

Team 20 has now added both the ‘Dirt Late Model Dream’ and the ‘World 100’ at Eldora Speedway in Rossburg, Ohio to their schedule of events for 2017 and will most likely add additional UMP DIRTcar Series and World of Outlaws Craftsman Late Model Series specials to their racing calendar in the near future. Keep up on the latest dirt concerning the popular driver known as the “Newport Nightmare®” and his Ramirez Motorsports team by logging onto www.JimmyOwens20.com.

Media Contact: Ryan Delph - Delph Communications
www.DelphCommunications.com