Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

All this fighting is not good for racing at all i see no good coming from this UMP is a big mess... This hurts Dirt racing no if and buts... Absolute Power Corrupts and that is whats happing here .. This might make a good anti trust case....Were a ruling body can not be owned by the same people that run the races....Each track should have 1 vote with whats done and WRG should only have 1 vote too be fair...The people that run the Tracks no long have a say thats not how it works...
    United Midwestern Promoters ... There is no United no more...Promoters have no say no more...The only thing in this is Midwestern is still true...This is a anti trust case just waiting to happen...If i was Izzo i sue in Fed court.. I bet he win
    If hes paid Dues to them he have a real good case... They did not give him a hearing.. And he payed Dues... they lose...

NFL has been given a pass by congress on anti trust laws the UMP has not...

I 100% agree that rules need to be enforced!! What I dont agree with, and we all have seen this before many times and never paid much attention to it, but say driver A wrecks his car and his car is totaled, the next week is points championship, his good friend has a back up car and let him use his car. Driver A enters the event as though its his car and wins the race, and the championship. DID anyone bitch it wasn't his car? That he wasn't the owner, thus he loses the points? (assuming points go with a car owner, not driver) The guy finishing second just got the shaft for sure.... Now as I said before, I highly doubt Josh's car is owned by Brock, or Best motorsports, so why isn't it right that Josh whom was not ineligible to race enter the car as his, use his tax ID#, or his company's and be allowed to race?? We all have seen driver A's car arrive in another hauler because he rented/borrowed it? And, before the event started or a car hit the track UMP had withdrawn from sanctioning the event!! They pulled the plug because the hauler was on the grounds!! From that standpoint UMP breached the contract so anything that happened after that was none of UMP/WRG business... Do you think the penalties would have been as harsh if they couldn't find a track to pick up those dates with less than 45 days before cars hit the track? They made sure they had those dates filled before they told anyone they where penalized....
    Why would WRG make such a big deal about this? It sounds as though the fine for the infraction was paid, the time has passed, Josh wasn't even involved in the mess... He was there #1 star, and money maker by a long shot!!!
    I would even go out on a limb to say he was told to enter the car as his, and not by his team owner or Tony.....
    Last edited by Latemodel333; 04-27-2017 at 05:58 PM.

I think the punishment had to happen. The thing I wonder about is the ownership of the car issue.
    Last edited by reid boys; 04-27-2017 at 06:20 PM.

Mr Izzo was told "if your allowing him to race that car this race cannot be sanctioned by UMP, I can't be here" That was the punishment he was told he would receive, he wasn't told you will lose your sanction for the year, your tracks two SN dates, and the third you where going to promote.
    Josh Richards can get two or three rolling cars from his chassis builder of choice at no cost, ownership shouldn't be a question.
    Last edited by Latemodel333; 04-27-2017 at 06:11 PM.

So because Josh Richards can get any car he wants he doesn't have a car owner?

Another funny thing about the whole situation was they said they pulled the sanctioning from the event but they were still giving the drivers their points. Seems very odd to me that you could give Ump points at a non Ump sanctioned event.

Quote Originally Posted by reid boys View Post
    So because Josh Richards can get any car he wants he doesn't have a car owner?
    What im saying is that him being a car owner is very possible, with minimal expense, and shouldn't be a big surprise or questioned.
    Last edited by Latemodel333; 04-27-2017 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Latemodel333 View Post
    What im saying is that him being a car owner is very possible, with minimal expense, and shouldn't be a big surprise or questioned.
    They should've listed Josh as owner then and not Riggs

Quote Originally Posted by J20in1st View Post
    They should've listed Josh as owner then and not Riggs
    I don't know who was listed as the car owner, I know it wasn't Best Motorsports, or Erick Brock. If it was Riggs, what was the problem with that? Is he suspended?

It doesn't matter who was listed as the owner...we all know who owned it and based off their own website touting the win, it was Who we all know it was and is.

If people want a lesson in trying to play games by trying to do an end run on others, Google the screw job Paul Gentilozzi tried to do on Ryan Hunter Reay many years ago in Indy car racing.

Quote Originally Posted by Latemodel333 View Post
    I don't know who was listed as the car owner, I know it wasn't Best Motorsports, or Erick Brock. If it was Riggs, what was the problem with that? Is he suspended?
    Supposedly they asked for paperworj to prove the sale and nothing could be provided

Their current facebook page still list Eric Brock as owner.

Oh, first I heard of that, although I'm sure if it was asked for something could have been provided I would think.
    I hope they are successful with the show they have planned, have great fan, and car turnouts. I don't think we have heard the last of this, and maybe other info will shed more light on it.

Thumbs up

You stand with LaSalle?
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Does anyone remember last year, when WRG took Izzo's race dates for the lousy Rockford show? This isn't the first time WRG has messed with Tony. I heard second or third hand, that the SN dates that was just taken, where part of a settlement for Tony not racing against the Rockford show. What gets me, is Sam Driggers saying he and Tony Izzo are friends. I know Iony is a friendly person, but I can't see him being friends with a weasel like Driggers. Driggers said he didn't want to penalize Izzo. What he didn't want to do, was give Izzo 3 SN dates this year and found a way to take them back. I won't be going to Sycamore or Peoria. I don't think anyone should benefit from someone else's misfortune, especially if it was underhanded like this one was.

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    You stand with LaSalle?
    Yes I definitely do stand with Lasalle I hope they get a lot of cars that weekend
    I am what I am

I wonder if Sycamore or WRG is promoting the event there. Either way I'm sure they were told that Friday would be the date or you don't get a date. The Thursday June 29 date would have been more profitable for them with Farmer City/Fairbury/Peoria cars and fans having been able to attend plus not splitting fans and cars with Lasalle.