Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by thugginsince89 View Post
    This is the same track that was paying SUPER LATE MODELS 800 (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ING DOLLARS TO WIN. Have nothing to say nice about the place.
    You know the purse before entering the gate. No one forced anybody to race there.
    8/13/16

Snats schedule at Dirt on Dirt:

has cancelled by the 2 lasalle dates, but not sycamore???

purely selfish, but those 2 tracks are the closest to my home. was looking forward attending.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by klemmabyna View Post
    Snats schedule at Dirt on Dirt:

has cancelled by the 2 lasalle dates, but not sycamore???

purely selfish, but those 2 tracks are the closest to my home. was looking forward attending.
    Pages have been getting changed or updated constantly on DoD. Probably as they get information, they update details.

Their is always a chance that someone might step up and promote Sycamores S.N. date. That way, no money would go through Tony's hands. The reason they pulled Sycamore was that Tony would benefit from that show since he was promoting it. Hopefully for the fans in that area, someone will pick it up.

psssssst! Hey Phil
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    Why would it be on Izzo? He was told not to let Best racing run. When Richards says Best sold it and Tony has no proof they didn't. What is Tony to do? Deny a entry that could be proved with a pre dated bill of sale for a team that is known to be litigious. Driggers was there. He didn't stop the entry. It took a month of investigating to find the entry is bogus. Izzo didn't have a month or a investigator. WRG is totally in the wrong. They where there and could have stopped that entry and didn't. The, I didn't want to do it BS, is BS. Driggers could have handled it better and didn't
    I was thinking the same thing. As a promoter, why would he care who owns the car? Unless LaSalle speedway banned him, can't see how this is Izzo's baby. Responsibility of the sanctioning body. Otherwise you put the promoter in a he said she said situation.

Run the dates non sanctioned! Everyone has it on their calendar already!

The WRG rep that was at the race shouldve had the guts to go say something to JR and Best. Not leave to Izzo. If the paperwork had someone else besides Best as the owner of the car theres not much Izzo could do about it. Im pretty sure that would hold up in court. If not then Eldora should be in the same boat since Babc0ck was in a Best car earlier this year.
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    Why would it be on Izzo? He was told not to let Best racing run. When Richards says Best sold it and Tony has no proof they didn't. What is Tony to do? Deny a entry that could be proved with a pre dated bill of sale for a team that is known to be litigious. Driggers was there. He didn't stop the entry. It took a month of investigating to find the entry is bogus. Izzo didn't have a month or a investigator. WRG is totally in the wrong. They where there and could have stopped that entry and didn't. The, I didn't want to do it BS, is BS. Driggers could have handled it better and didn't
    We all know after that date that it wasn't sold... so if Best or Richards claimed that then clearly they lied because since then they have raced as Best Motortsports. One thing I see here is Best seems to be in the middle of controversy. Not sure who's fault it is but clearly something not on the up and up went down. Hate to see Josh dragged in to someone else's battle but he chose to do so.
    Last edited by onlyfacts; 04-26-2017 at 12:27 PM.

First let me say that I don't agree with everything that UMP/WRG does. UMP has gotten very far away from the dreams of Bob Memmer and his local racer ideas. I've seen first hand how tire sampling is handled and it's not good. But UMP/WRG does bring some sort of parity to a sport that is way to fractured across the board. On the other hand I've seen promoters do the wrong thing on and off the track as well. But there are tracks that go above and beyond too.

In this Best/LaSalle issue, Best simply tried pulling something and got caught. LaSalle got caught in the middle, but apparently didn't try to stop what was taking place. Richards, driving for Best, had to do what he was told to do. What surprises me is that ALL knew days in advance Best was going to LaSalle and yet nothing was done by ANYBODY prior to their arrival, thus this mess.

For fans to call for a boycott of UMP tracks is a not thought out idea. The only group/individual that would be hurt by this is the weekly tracks we all care about and attend. Would boycotts send a message? I guess, but at what cost? The better/simpler idea is an old school letter writing campaign. Any social media posts can be deleted/shut down, but the mail stream(if there actually was a huge turnout) arriving daily would get peoples attention.

Or how about this? We all continue to support the sport that all of us love and let the parties involved work it out. There are three sides to the story, WRG/UMP, LaSalle and Best and they are all big enough to deal with this themselves. They can do it one on one or if need be get lawyers involved. If those involved feel truly wronged and/or blamed incorrectly, they should pursue any legal action to clear their name if need be. Yes, it would cost money to litigate, but all involved could do it and should do it, to prove who is right and who is wrong.

As I've posted many times before, this sport we all love is pretty cool but let's put it into perspective. Man, look at the world today, there are far more things to get worked up, worried about and care about than if tracks lose a race date.

Or maybe Best should have thought more about what their intentions would cause before heading to LaSalle?

Quote Originally Posted by onlyfacts View Post
    We all know after that date that it wasn't sold... so if Best or Richards claimed that then clearly they lied because since then they have raced as Best Motortsports. One thing I see here is Best seems to be in the middle of controversy. Not sure who's fault it is but clearly something not on the up and up went down. Hate to see Josh dragged in to someone else's battle but he chose to do so.
    I am 99% certain the car Josh drove was owned by Best. That said, why couldn't a Best car be sitting somewhere owned by Riggs, Josh, Mark, or the Easter Bunny?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I am 99% certain the car Josh drove was owned by Best. That said, why couldn't a Best car be sitting somewhere owned by Riggs, Josh, Mark, or the Easter Bunny?
    Agreed there are no titles on these cars....my name was on my fathers car as the owner..I was 3 years old lol

Something tells me lawyers will be involved in this since tony hasn't made any public comments on the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by CMatich View Post
    First let me say that I don't agree with everything that UMP/WRG does. UMP has gotten very far away from the dreams of Bob Memmer and his local racer ideas. I've seen first hand how tire sampling is handled and it's not good. But UMP/WRG does bring some sort of parity to a sport that is way to fractured across the board. On the other hand I've seen promoters do the wrong thing on and off the track as well. But there are tracks that go above and beyond too.

In this Best/LaSalle issue, Best simply tried pulling something and got caught. LaSalle got caught in the middle, but apparently didn't try to stop what was taking place. Richards, driving for Best, had to do what he was told to do. What surprises me is that ALL knew days in advance Best was going to LaSalle and yet nothing was done by ANYBODY prior to their arrival, thus this mess.

For fans to call for a boycott of UMP tracks is a not thought out idea. The only group/individual that would be hurt by this is the weekly tracks we all care about and attend. Would boycotts send a message? I guess, but at what cost? The better/simpler idea is an old school letter writing campaign. Any social media posts can be deleted/shut down, but the mail stream(if there actually was a huge turnout) arriving daily would get peoples attention.

Or how about this? We all continue to support the sport that all of us love and let the parties involved work it out. There are three sides to the story, WRG/UMP, LaSalle and Best and they are all big enough to deal with this themselves. They can do it one on one or if need be get lawyers involved. If those involved feel truly wronged and/or blamed incorrectly, they should pursue any legal action to clear their name if need be. Yes, it would cost money to litigate, but all involved could do it and should do it, to prove who is right and who is wrong.

As I've posted many times before, this sport we all love is pretty cool but let's put it into perspective. Man, look at the world today, there are far more things to get worked up, worried about and care about than if tracks lose a race date.

Or maybe Best should have thought more about what their intentions would cause before heading to LaSalle?
    I call BS to this post. WRG took something from all the fans in northern Illinois. They penalized the SN fans in northern Illinois, by taking the three closest races to us. The fans did nothing wrong and some face double the driving time to see a SN race. The WRG could have taken care of this, at the track, that night and not penalized us race fans. They didn't. Now I know who to be outraged at, as one poster so elegantly posted. Tony, Josh or even Best, didn't penalize the fans. Sam Driggers and WRG did. They took their pissing contest into our living room. Since they have no qualms about irritating race fans, lets see them take Eldora's dates. Babbclock drove a Best car there. We will see if WRG is as fair and upstanding as they say they are, in enforcing rules as they say they are.

Right on Bubstr. That's exactly how I feel about getting screwed out of 3 race dates. Now a minimum of an hour longer drive for the closest Summernationals race.

Huskerdirt on ISC is saying that Tony has a statement on DOD. Can anyone confirm that? Supposedly on the riggers article

Is huskerdirt banned here now?

Also, what is ISC?

A perfect move would be have it at Joliet since the WoO guys are there the day before. Following day, it's a Hell Tour/WoO race at Terre Haute. That would help out some in the area that were planning on LaSalle.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by J20in1st View Post
    Huskerdirt on ISC is saying that Tony has a statement on DOD. Can anyone confirm that? Supposedly on the riggers article
    It said in that article Izzo declined comment.

Quote Originally Posted by J20in1st View Post
    Did not say that.

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    Is huskerdirt banned here now?

Also, what is ISC?
    Unfortunately not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    It said in that article Izzo declined comment.
    This is the actually quote......

“I talked to Izzo about it and asked what he thought about it,” Driggers said. “He admits that he didn’t do exactly the right thing, but he didn’t truly understand all the consequence of it. So, at the end of the day, my heart said, ‘Let it go. We’ll figure out something else.’ But my gut says, ‘There’s got to be a penalty here. It’s got to be something that people understand. You just can’t break the rules.’

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    The race was before the Easter Bunny come this year.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Jeff Babc0ck just ran a best performance car at eldora 3 weeks ago at the opener.....they gonna yank the ump sanction there too?
    Best performance can race at any event that isn't sanctioned by UMP.Eldora is not a UMP track they just host some UMP sanctioned events along with lots of other various sanctions