Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

ALMS is ump sanctioned as is weekly modified racing there. Eldora only runs late models under ump sanction

Quote Originally Posted by Jim11h View Post
    ALMS is ump sanctioned as is weekly modified racing there. Eldora only runs late models under ump sanction
    My bad I thought Bab(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) was only running a sprint car for them.

Eldora is absolutely a UMP sanctioned track

Sam should have been very clear to Tony after he asked several times that he would face serious penalties, and possible suspensions if he allowed Josh to race that car. I do not think the man would jeopardize his business over one driver or car if things where clear.

Was poorly handled all the way around.......
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Tony going to try to run unsanctioned. See game on thread
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

He was so mad Tony bent the rules here but ump is totally ok tracks dont follow their rules lol

At this point,he has no choice but to run unsanctioned.None of us know exactly what went down,plenty of speculation.I hope he does well.The WRG/UMP deal is becoming questionable in more ways than one.

This is the actually quote......

“I talked to Izzo about it and asked what he thought about it,” Driggers said. “He admits that he didn’t do exactly the right thing, but he didn’t truly understand all the consequence of it. So, at the end of the day, my heart said, ‘Let it go. We’ll figure out something else.’ But my gut says, ‘There’s got to be a penalty here. It’s got to be something that people understand. You just can’t break the rules.’

This was Driggers statement, not Izzo's. What or if Izzo said that, it is hearsay, unless witnessed. With Tony, being so quiet, it sounds like he got good advice from a lawyer. HUMMMMMMMMMMM.

I can't believe all this confusion, with ump. Look at the joke runnng things. Smoking lots of things and cigerretes.

Trying to prevent a future lawsuit, WRG may have created another. We all dont know what was said between the parties, nor do we know what was listed on the entry form for Josh's car that night. It sounds like Josh listed it as though he was the owner, and as I said in another thread it would be very hard to prove he didn't rent/lease the package deal for that nights race which would not have violated anything. Sam pulled ump sanction before any car had hit the track, so when the 1 car did go out it dont matter who owned it, and it was at that point none of UMP, WRG business, they terminated the contract for that nights race. Now they have pulled sanction agreements, SN races just because the 1 car was on the speedway grounds....There certainly is alot more to the conversation between Tony and Sam, if you read Sams PR several times its clear there was more to it. With the Lucas guys at Magnolia they certainly wont be there unless weather helps out, the WOO show is in Canada, and the top UMP boys will all be told to stay away or else. Tony will need a bunch of locals, some huge sponsorship, and hope the SN dates dont get filled. I wish him luck, there is no winner in the mess....

Quote Originally Posted by Latemodel333 View Post
    Trying to prevent a future lawsuit, WRG may have created another. We all dont know what was said between the parties, nor do we know what was listed on the entry form for Josh's car that night. It sounds like Josh listed it as though he was the owner, and as I said in another thread it would be very hard to prove he didn't rent/lease the package deal for that nights race which would not have violated anything. Sam pulled ump sanction before any car had hit the track, so when the 1 car did go out it dont matter who owned it, and it was at that point none of UMP, WRG business, they terminated the contract for that nights race. Now they have pulled sanction agreements, SN races just because the 1 car was on the speedway grounds....There certainly is alot more to the conversation between Tony and Sam, if you read Sams PR several times its clear there was more to it. With the Lucas guys at Magnolia they certainly wont be there unless weather helps out, the WOO show is in Canada, and the top UMP boys will all be told to stay away or else. Tony will need a bunch of locals, some huge sponsorship, and hope the SN dates dont get filled. I wish him luck, there is no winner in the mess....
    Thanks for pointing this out. You are so right in once Sam pulled the sanction it didn't matter at that point as far as UMP was concerned and what car was out on the track. I think you are right about UMP warning other drivers about going to Lasalle not sure it will work with that kind of money on the line but, I bet your right they will try.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Thanks for pointing this out. You are so right in once Sam pulled the sanction it didn't matter at that point as far as UMP was concerned and what car was out on the track. I think you are right about UMP warning other drivers about going to Lasalle not sure it will work with that kind of money on the line but, I bet your right they will try.
    They call that extortion...
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    Is huskerdirt banned here now?

Also, what is ISC?
    Iowa Stock Cars forum

Thumbs up

At the Thaw Brawl DIRTcar officials did all the registrations in the MARS trailer. Per DIRTcar rules all drivers must have a DIRTcar membership. When Josh Eichards registered with the DIRTcar officials did he have a membership or did they sell him one at the event. So either DIRTcar officials let him race with out one, sold him one, or DIRTcar sold him one before hand. How is LaSalle Speedway in the wrong.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

I remembered something from last year that makes you wonder also. Last year well after the schedules were out and the season was underway, WOO late models decided to add a date at the WRG head mother's family racetrack about an hour North of Lasalle. And the date they picked, Lasalle's Summernationals race date. Tony was unaware of this until it came out and he said he was still going to run. I thought there was talk of pulling his date and then later they were able to work out an alternative date.

First it was still a wrg event. Every driver got points for their series. Josh would have a membership. Doesn't have anything to do with this instance.

It was not a WRG, or UMP event, Sam pulled the sanction before the show started and left. Some UMP officials stayed because they had already loaned out transponders for the night and didnt want to make a scene gathering them up. UMP points where given as a courtesy because it was advertised as a UMP show. I would presume Josh renewed his dirtcar membership whenever it was up for renewal.

I hate to see anyone lose their livelihood but I like the fact sectioning body enforce rules and don't tuck their tales and run because of primadonna drivers or owners.

I'm great with rules enforcement if they are the same for everyone........
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????