Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

When Jeff Babc0ck ran the Best Performance car at the Eldora season opener they could have entered in as Lawrence Motorsports as well. I think Mike "Saus" Lawrence is wrenching on that car for Best this year since he's not running his own car.

Quote Originally Posted by pkracer View Post
    I heard there is more to this story. Heard Best Motorsports said they sold everything to Riggs Motorsports which they signed in as the owner at the La Salle race. Said WRG investigated it and found out it was bogus.
    The article on DoD says that Richards was penalized for filing a deceptive entry. I'm gonna say that you've probably got the story right.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

So what does the track have to do with a driver filing a deceptive entry? That's the part I'm not understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by GRT62 View Post
    So what does the track have to do with a driver filing a deceptive entry? That's the part I'm not understanding.
    It also says that Izzo was warned what would happen if they let Best race.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    Now LaSalle Speedway and Josh Richards in trouble with World Racing Group (WRG) / DIRTcar.
    Link to article - http://www.dirtcarump.com/2017/04/24...nalties-issued
    and the masses thought, "tiregate" was over... The heavy hand of WRG takes another swat. This why having too much power concentrated is a bad thing. WRG badly wants to be the NASCAR/CART of DIRT. I'm no JR or BEST fan, but to me this is sanction overreach. Hopefully, unlike the "tiregate" lawsuit people will wise up and take a stand against WRG and the like this time.
    History doesn't always repeat, but it does often rhyme.

All WRG / DIRTcar has done is turn the tracks in the Midwest into a monopoly and the whole thing has become a complete and utter joke. Is it even worth tracks putting up with their crap anymore? The only good thing I can thing of that the drivers get back from it is season points money and insurance. At most if the DIRTcar / UMP tracks their is virtually no tech and to some degree is ruining the sport we all love.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Maybe someone could revive the old "STARS" sanction/series and start up a new UMP/Summer Nationals deal to go head to head with WRG.
    History doesn't always repeat, but it does often rhyme.

All WRG / DIRTcar has done is turn the tracks in the Midwest into a monopoly and the whole thing has become a complete and utter joke. Is it even worth tracks putting up with their crap anymore? The only good thing I can thing of that the drivers get back from it is season points money and insurance. At most if the DIRTcar / UMP tracks their is virtually no tech and to some degree is ruining the sport we all love.
    Does anyone have any examples of what this "insurance" has done for an injured driver?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Side Up 18 View Post
    Wow. WRG is mad because Richards went to Lucas, or they are just looking for a reason to screw Izzo since they don't care for him. I thought Best paid their fine? Either way, Izzo and LaSalle just got royally screwed. That sucks big time.
    They penalized Best way back before Richards even ran for them, so I doubt it has anything to do with that. If they broke the rules then they need to be penalized, that is just enforcing their rules. Nothing to do with being mad at Richards for moving to LOLMDS.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

I think the fans/drivers in the Midwest have gotten so used to Dirtcar they forget about the horrible stuff that happens when you don't have a sanction over top of everything. Look at some of the tracks here in Pennsylvania. Half a million different divisions, some tracks have the same division but with slightly different rules so cars can't run at different tracks, etc. its a mess. Dirtcar helps to keep all the tracks on the same page and that is probably the biggest benefit. The regional point fund is obviously well liked as well however, there are a lot of drivers running weekly for sanction points just about everywhere there is a sanction (IMCA, UMP, Wissota, USRA, RUSH, FASTRAK, etc)

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Does anyone have any examples of what this "insurance" has done for an injured driver?
    Ask former Illinois driver Mark Tullis. He fought with them and the track he was injured at about 3/4 years ago. Anyone else remember his accident?
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 04-25-2017 at 09:16 AM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Boom Briggs is on line 1.

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    I think the fans/drivers in the Midwest have gotten so used to Dirtcar they forget about the horrible stuff that happens when you don't have a sanction over top of everything. Look at some of the tracks here in Pennsylvania. Half a million different divisions, some tracks have the same division but with slightly different rules so cars can't run at different tracks, etc. its a mess. Dirtcar helps to keep all the tracks on the same page and that is probably the biggest benefit. The regional point fund is obviously well liked as well however, there are a lot of drivers running weekly for sanction points just about everywhere there is a sanction (IMCA, UMP, Wissota, USRA, RUSH, FASTRAK, etc)

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    Pretty much all LM classes adopted UDTRA type rules years ago. Thanks to the overbearing new safety demands, rules are way off being uniform again. The guy I help has to skip races at his home tracks this year as a result. I think what you get from UMP has never been less than right now.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Ump needs to clean house!! See ya Sambo!!

Pretty much all LM classes adopted UDTRA type rules years ago. Thanks to the overbearing new safety demands, rules are way off being uniform again. The guy I help has to skip races at his home tracks this year as a result. I think what you get from UMP has never been less than right now.
    Around here (PA/MD/VA, etc) there are several different types of LM going.

Super Late Models (some tracks have concessions for different stuff like the CT525, and other variations which means it is still possible to be legal at one and not at another without changes), Steel Block Late Models (Western PA - unlimited Steel Block Motors), Limited Late Models (Central PA, 358 CI Displacement rule - otherwise the same as Steel Block), Econo Late Models (355 CI Displacement rule - otherwise mostly the same as Steel Block and Limited), Crate Late Models (604 and 602 Motor), Crate Late Models (602 only, otherwise the same), and I think there are some tracks around still running Clip cars as well. We don't have sanctions here (aside from Crates which are sanctioned by RUSH).

Modifieds are becoming just as bad now with Econo Mods (Limited Mods), Pro Mods (Crates), Open E-Mods (Northern PA, open tires, etc) and AMRA style E-Mods (Mid Atlantic Mods, AMRA, RoD, etc. Hoosier only)

It really starts to get crazy when you talk about the stock classes.

Meanwhile in UMP country for the most part you can take your car that you run at a UMP tracks and go race it at any other UMP track.

I understand the argument against them, but at the same time I think unless another sanction comes in it will hurt all of those tracks to get rid of UMP.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Even if Richards filled out a bogus entry, WRG should have offered proof of that and proof that Izzo was aware the entry was bogus at the time. Izzo didn't have a month to investigate, when he accepted that entry. Just when you think Tire gate is over WRG has to stir the pot. WRG did not give all the fans a warm and fuzzy feeling. I don't know if I can boycott all the WOO and Summer National races, but I know there will be two I won't go to. Who ever picks up those two dates should be aware, there are a lot of fans unhappy.

Will I remember saying when they got UMP, I said one day we all cry will we all are Crying..

Quote Originally Posted by J20in1st View Post
    WRG posted a new schedule. Thurs june 29th is now Paducah
    not according to the summer nationals schedule on their web site. Paducah is not even open this year

The naivety of some is amazing........

It's not just some of the drivers and teams playing stupid games......all the prizes just haven't been given out yet.

IMO, Mr. Christman won't be the only lead figure leaving wrg this year.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Drivers and fans need to boycott the changed dates, stick with the tracks that got screwed. LaSalle should run this date as scheduled, call it the "UP Yours UMP 50"!!! What then, Sam and clan going to penalize those drivers from racing the rest of 2017 ump events?