Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thumbs up Now LaSalle Speedway and Josh Richards in trouble with WRG / DIRTcar

Now LaSalle Speedway and Josh Richards in trouble with World Racing Group (WRG) / DIRTcar.
    Link to article - http://www.dirtcarump.com/2017/04/24...nalties-issued
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Wow. WRG is mad because Richards went to Lucas, or they are just looking for a reason to screw Izzo since they don't care for him. I thought Best paid their fine? Either way, Izzo and LaSalle just got royally screwed. That sucks big time.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

UMP has been a joke for years. Until all the tracks band together and eliminate them the screwings will continue. Screwing people and tracks over was not Bob Memmer's intentions when he started UMP.

They took away the Summer Nationals races? Holy cow. But I predict Izzo will ultimately prevail in this situation, and not in court or something like that. He'll do things his way and I bet other tracks will follow suit, not only in support of LaSalle Speedway, but for the betterment of their own facility as well. I bet a few years from now, when things are different (for the better) in our sport, we might look back and see this as one of the turning points.

I am so tired of these witch hunts. This is only harming the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Side Up 18 View Post
    I am so tired of these witch hunts. This is only harming the sport.
    How is this a witch hunt?
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Maybe the Thawl Brawl could become a Lucas race now. Wouldn't THAT be something.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    How is this a witch hunt?
    UMP does not like Tony Izzo since he runs Lucas Oil and IMCA events. I probably shouldn't have posted that...it was a poor choice of words.

UMP does not like Tony Izzo since he runs Lucas Oil and IMCA events. I probably shouldn't have posted that...it was a poor choice of words.
    Tracks can and do run both WRG sanctioned and Lucas events with no issue whatsoever. If there's problems between the two parties, it's not because of that.
    Last edited by Josh Bayko; 04-24-2017 at 06:11 PM.

I'm not at all familiar with the in's and out's of promoting, but since they took away the SN races at LaSalle, will it also somehow affect the show he is promoting at Sycamore?

Maybe the Thawl Brawl could become a Lucas race now. Wouldn't THAT be something.
    And run it against Illini 100. They stole his original date to start with

Thumbs up

Tracks can and do run both WRG sanctioned and Lucas events with no issue whatsoever. If there's issues, it's not because of that.
    The UMP tracks that have Lucas races where grandfathered in when DIRTcar threw a fit about UMP tracks having Lucas races instead of WOO LMS races. Any UMP Track that has a Lucas race will be subject to penalties unless you where one of these tracks grandfathered into the agreement. As I have said in the past World Racing Group (W.R.G.) / DIRTcar is a complete an absolute JOKE to dirt racing.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    Screwing people and tracks over was not Bob Memmer's intentions when he started UMP.
    ???? That is the whole history from early on with UMP. It was then and still is the way UMP is operated.

Well after what MARS did at Burlington I am boycotting all WRG events. I had planned on attending 15 this year. Not anymore. F them.

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    The UMP tracks that have Lucas races where grandfathered in when DIRTcar threw a fit about UMP tracks having Lucas races instead of WOO LMS races. Any UMP Track that has a Lucas race will be subject to penalties unless you where one of these tracks grandfathered into the agreement. As I have said in the past World Racing Group (W.R.G.) / DIRTcar is a complete an absolute JOKE to dirt racing.
    You can't expect to take advantage of the positives of sanctioning without taking the negatives along with it. The world isn't cupcakes and rainbows.

The only way it's going to change is if the vast majority of tracks drop UMP entirely. Not just one or two, but the VAST MAJORITY.

The only way it's going to change is if the vast majority of tracks drop UMP entirely. Not just one or two, but the VAST MAJORITY.
    You have a better chance of seeing God than seeing the midwestern tracks risk their "precious" Summernationals races.

Thumbs down

Total B.S.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WRG ran the show @ the thaw brawl. They're just now implementing this fine?

All they are doing is using it as leverage to get Eric Brock to sign on the dotted line.

And they are screwing Tony at the same time.

Again, TOTAL B.S. by WRG.

EVERYONE IN CENTRAL ILLINOIS SHOULD BOYCOTT WRG UNTIL LASALLE IS REINSTATED>
    8/13/16

You have a better chance of seeing God than seeing the midwestern tracks risk their "precious" Summernationals races.
    I never said I thought it would happen. I just said that's what it would take.

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    This is FACT. Their was a track that didn't get a Hell Tour date this year because they TALKED with Lucas about a race.
    8/13/16