Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lil E

Default Lil E

Is retiring!!!!

Good for him, he can focus full time on stud service now. Poor guy!

Hate to see him go, but I can't say I blame him. He's got a wife now (some would say later in life than most)...something he hasn't had at any point in his career. That in itself is a game changer after last year. Who do we think is in line for the 88 seat?

Quote Originally Posted by squaredup12 View Post
    Hate to see him go, but I can't say I blame him. He's got a wife now (some would say later in life than most)...something he hasn't had at any point in his career. That in itself is a game changer after last year. Who do we think is in line for the 88 seat?
    Probably Alex Bowman.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Hendrick needs to have two seats open. I like Kahne but he hasn't done anything in ages. I don't think William Byron is ready yet. I doubt Mr. H would take somebody like Ryan Newman (who is about at the end as well), but that would free up a RCR ride for little Dillon to come back. I don't think there are a whole lot of young guys in Xfinity that are quite ready for a high profile ride like that yet. All the veterans are just that, old and have already had a shot in Cup. Allgaier is kind of in the middle and never had a quality cup ride, and has close ties to Dale Jr, but I don't know about him being able to hang either. Maybe roll the dice on an Aric Almirola or Almindinger, beats me. I doubt Hendrick could get ahold of Larson or Blaney, I'm sure they are tied up tight with their deals.

If Nascrap wasn't dying already...ouch. When Jeff Gordon retired, millions of Tv's shut off instantly. Now if junior does in fact retire, it's over. Now we can go back to focusing on what really matters...slinging dirt!!!!
    Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports...all the others are games. -Ernest Hemingway

I thought JR retired when he left DEI - I remember when he said he needed a 7 point shaker and a owner involved at the track - I think he left out he needed Daddy to set his car up and his sisters driving skill LMAO see ya JR !

i have nothing against JR. but there is already talk of hall of fame status, i cant buy that, 26 wins in 600 plus races does not qualify in my opinion, not knocking jr, liked him better than his ole man, but lets be real.....

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    i have nothing against JR. but there is already talk of hall of fame status, i cant buy that, 26 wins in 600 plus races does not qualify in my opinion, not knocking jr, liked him better than his ole man, but lets be real.....
    why not Hall of Fame, they already nominated Red Farmer for it.

Yeah the Hall of Fame is not necessarily based on wins and championships (and I know you know that I'm just saying). It is more so contribution to the sport. Being the most popular driver for a decade and a half is one of those. Keeping people watching the dying sport. Not sure how many wins Bill Elliot had, but he'll be in the hall. Wendell Scott is in there. He only won one race and they took it from him because he was black. (Lots of good documentaries out there on Scott). Mark Martin is in. Dale Jr probably belongs.

BTW, the Hall Of Fame is a neat place if you ever get a chance to go, lots of old school stuff in there.

Carl Edwards to the 88?

I though it was coming but not that fast...Man you cant replace him...

Bobby needs a ride....

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    Bobby needs a ride....

Oh geeez theres a other thread
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Oh geeez theres a other thread
    Sorry could not help my self...

I was thinking that Gary but wasn't gonna say it

Seen the title and thought, good a thread about the go kart track at Eldora, here it's only NASCAR Spam.

Good move, he hasn't been competitive for a few years no sense in continuing banging your head for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    Good move, he hasn't been competitive for a few years no sense in continuing banging your head for nothing.
    You just don't get it do you .. They Love him cause he a good dude.. You are a true man when people respect you for Who you are, not what you Are, But you will never get that will you...

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    You just don't get it do you .. They Love him cause he a good dude.. You are a true man when people respect you for Who you are, not what you Are, But you will never get that will you...
    I didn't see anything ptown said there that wasn't accurate. In fact, I'm sure that is what JR thinks, obviously. Why keep risking my head and just riding around.