Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lil E

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Jr couldn't be a pimple on his dad's as*. He has won on superspeedway tracks were many one hit wonders have. Superspeedway races are won in the shops before the car ever hits the track. Car is right almost any driver can wheel it to the front. Look at the history of nascrap, superspeedway's winner's list is loaded with nobody's.
    While fans of a particular athlete usually become fans of another generation, there are certain drivers that just cannot be replaced. They are their own person.

Dale Jr didn't replace Dale Earnhardt, Kyle Petty couldn't fill Richard Petty's shoes, Billy Jr will never accomplish the accolades of Billy Moyer. While we can compare fathers and sons, its completely unfair to try to hold them to their father's success, or bash them for coming up short as you have.

I bash all of nascrap. Today's racing stinks. The car are so aero sensitive anybody can see it. Why not reduce the front splitter or lower the rear spoiler. I'll tell you why. Most of these guys out there today couldn't drive them. Jr has won most popular driver only because of his dad. How many other Earnhardt drivers are out there ?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    I bash all of nascrap. Today's racing stinks. The car are so aero sensitive anybody can see it. Why not reduce the front splitter or lower the rear spoiler. I'll tell you why. Most of these guys out there today couldn't drive them. Jr has won most popular driver only because of his dad. How many other Earnhardt drivers are out there ?
    jeffery is out there, just never got the help jr did......

I read jr has made over 400 million in his nascar's career .... That's a huge number any way you slice it ....
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hubbard View Post
    I read jr has made over 400 million in his nascar's career .... That's a huge number any way you slice it ....
    Too bad he doesn't have to give any of that back to his die hard fans who has supported him since day 1. He sure didn't earn it on the track, where it counts!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Since when should drivers pay back the fans??? Never heard that one before. Seems funny though, the driver didn't force any fan to purchase merchandise but yet you want him to pay you back for cheering for him????What kind of stupid are you anyway???

I saw this back at the top and thought he was driving for GR or Dunn Benson.

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    Too bad he doesn't have to give any of that back to his die hard fans who has supported him since day 1. He sure didn't earn it on the track, where it counts!
    I thought I had seen some head scratchers on this site. The bar has been reset and it is much higher.

a25rjr Must be a Bernie supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hubbard View Post
    His diddy also made lots of money.

I am somewhat saddened by the fact that Earnhardt Jr. never won a Cup championship. I think he was good enough but things never came together all at the same time to make it happen. What I liked about Earnhardt Jr. the most was his class, dignity, humility and the fact that he is an all around good human being. Should he go into the NASCAR Hall of Fame? Probably not, but I believe he will.

Earnhardt Jr. drove clean and never acted a fool, unlike many Cup drivers of today. I never was a fan of his dad and it has little to do with his propensity to wreck people. Love him or hate him there were things that can't be denied about ol' arnhead. On several occasions he was a world class whiner and NASCAR's and Billy France Jr.'s thinly veiled bias towards him was clearly evident from the mid 1980's right up until he bit the turn 4 wall at Daytona. Earnhardt Jr. never whined and he helped many a driver get their start in NASCAR.

I sincerely wish Earnhardt Jr. a very long and very satisfying retirement!!

Some of yall missed the point! smh
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

I think Junior definitely attracted a lot of his initial fans. The class he handled himself with throughout his career kept those fans with him, and attracted new fans too. In a land of robots, he’s managed to let his personality shine, and I don’t how care how you slice it, that’s impressive.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    I am somewhat saddened by the fact that Earnhardt Jr. never won a Cup championship. I think he was good enough but things never came together all at the same time to make it happen. What I liked about Earnhardt Jr. the most was his class, dignity, humility and the fact that he is an all around good human being. Should he go into the NASCAR Hall of Fame? Probably not, but I believe he will.

Earnhardt Jr. drove clean and never acted a fool, unlike many Cup drivers of today. I never was a fan of his dad and it has little to do with his propensity to wreck people. Love him or hate him there were things that can't be denied about ol' arnhead. On several occasions he was a world class whiner and NASCAR's and Billy France Jr.'s thinly veiled bias towards him was clearly evident from the mid 1980's right up until he bit the turn 4 wall at Daytona. Earnhardt Jr. never whined and he helped many a driver get their start in NASCAR.

I sincerely wish Earnhardt Jr. a very long and very satisfying retirement!!
    Well said, JR is a genuinely good human being. As far as winning a championship he had the best of everything and couldn’t get it done, he’s not the only one you can say that about.

Quote Originally Posted by Vchild View Post
    E Jr is one heck of a good dude.... He will be missed. One thing I never understood was, why such a seemingly intelligent individual would drive a dam cheby is absolutely beyond me!
    He was in the best equipment money could buy.....and still couldn't produce!

I bet if he was still running good, he would still be racing! Hmmmmmm!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post

Seeing there is only 28 guys who have more cups wins then he does, and some of those have no championships either, Junior does have 2 Busch championship's and some Busch wins. I am thinking he done pretty (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) good. Junior hasn't been the same driver since his Dad died, would have liked to seen how Jr would have done if Sr was still around with DEI still operating. By the way I was never a SR fan, was always a Mark Martin and Davey Allison fan, but I became a JR fan while he was running Busch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
    By the way I was never a SR fan, was always a Mark Martin and Davey Allison fan, but I became a JR fan while he was running Busch.
    I was just the opposite, a big Sr fan but never did understand the cult following for JR.

Hendricks drivers for 2018... #9- Chase Elliot.... #24- William Byron... #48- Jimmie Johnson... #88- Alex Bowman. JR. was doing good til big E passed. That firey crash he had in the Rolex 24 in Daytona really put a scare in him... was never the same after it

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    That firey crash he had in the Rolex 24 in Daytona really put a scare in him... was never the same after it
    The fire you speak of happened at Sonoma.

I had the pleasure of spending a couple hours with Ironhead and Childress at Kaukauna during a Tuesday Artgo event in '88... a better man would be hard to find. Funny, smart and very kind. In a business where I had few favorites he moved from last to near the top in a very short time.

I have to respect JR simply because of who his Daddy was... have fun in your retirement.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019