Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default I blame Best Motorsports

They knew they weren't supposed to be at La Salle that night but they some how got Izzo to let them, now Tony is paying the price big time, I hope they sleep well knowing this losing his dates could possibly ruin him. One more thought, did Izzo pay Richards and Best show up money?

The entry form didn't list BEST as the owner and nowhere does it say they can't sponsor someone. It may be that JR actually does own that car and he wasn't on probation or banished for challenging king WRG. It may have been all on paper so they could run, but Izzo had an entry form declaring that BEST was not the owner of JR's car, so why is he in the wrong? How can WRG prove that BEST actually owned that particular chassis? They can't, their just making an example of these guys and the "Tiregate 5", Not to challenge their authority. It's all about power...
    History doesn't always repeat, but it does often rhyme.

Because WRG told Izzo not to let him race and he did.

Quote Originally Posted by pkracer View Post
    One of them was wrong...
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I think you gotta blame both, although I see where proof of ownership could be an issue.

I have an idea of who REALLY owns the car....

its going to come down to us fans if you support ump then ump will be fine if you support the track the track will be fine if you support the drivers they will be fine...we hold the power the fans...just ask Hillary!
    after hot laps I'll pick the winner

what if it was ran under mark Richards or josh Richards as the owner and best performance as the primary sponsor (that's my guess as to what this partnership looks like behind closed doors anyways).. what's next UMP outlaws best performance from sponsoring any car entered into a sanctioned event.. what a joke! I can write anyone's name down as owner when I pull up to a pit gate.. better start bringing your receipts and tax forms for proof of ownership.. it really sounds like Brock and Sam just need to measure em up and see who's is bigger and get it over with this is nothing more than a pi$%ing match and Izzo got caught in the middle
    "Running the bottom is like having a job!" ~ Jack Hewitt

So do we know if WRG gave Tony a valid reason not to let him race other than the fact they're still ticked off because Josh decided to race in the Major League this year? You have one of the top 2 late model drivers in the country, who by the way is not suspended, show up at your track claiming to have a car owner who is not suspended, and you're not supposed to let him race? Tony would be opening himself up to be sued if he did that. Sadly he got caught up in the middle of a skunk p*ssing match and he's ending up the loser.

Well, that's what Sam claims.
    8/13/16

He didn't get caught in the middle, he installed himself in the middle. He was told what to do and he didn't do it. Good riddance..

Quote Originally Posted by turnleftandgasit View Post
    He didn't get caught in the middle, he installed himself in the middle. He was told what to do and he didn't do it. Good riddance..
    If you are told to do something you think may not be right, what do you do?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I don't really have a dog in this fight, but to believe that Izzo believed the team had been sold, I'm just not buying that. One of the most high profile late model teams/drivers in a sport with a small world....there would have been leaks on that if it was indeed true. JR drives for Best, Best was on the car, Best was on the hauler.....don't piss on my shoes and tell me it's raining.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    I have an idea of who REALLY owns the car....
    Worst kept secret in the industry.....

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    If you are told to do something you think may not be right, what do you do?
    Nice response.........do not expect a legit answer to that.

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    I don't really have a dog in this fight, but to believe that Izzo believed the team had been sold, I'm just not buying that. One of the most high profile late model teams/drivers in a sport with a small world....there would have been leaks on that if it was indeed true. JR drives for Best, Best was on the car, Best was on the hauler.....don't piss on my shoes and tell me it's raining.
    Who said the team had to be sold? We are simply talking about a car on a track.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Who really thinks Best buys the cars they race? Why is it impossible to think Josh, or Mark rented- leased or borrowed the crew, hauler, engines etc? If Brock was at the track. and listed as the owner then there is a problem, if not a warning should have been issued, and those involved told it cannot happen again. Waiting a month or what ever its been to find tracks to take the other SN dates, and hammering IZZO like they did is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Latemodel333 View Post
    Who really thinks Best buys the cars they race? Why is it impossible to think Josh, or Mark rented- leased or borrowed the crew, hauler, engines etc? If Brock was at the track. and listed as the owner then there is a problem, if not a warning should have been issued, and those involved told it cannot happen again. Waiting a month or what ever its been to find tracks to take the other SN dates, and hammering IZZO like they did is wrong.
    You ant been on here in a long time how you doing ...

Quote Originally Posted by Latemodel333 View Post
    I get what your saying. I guess it just depends on what you wish to believe. It would be a lot less confusing if they would have just banned the drivers in tire-gate and left the "teams" out. Much easier to prove that you are or aren't a particular human being rather than prove or disprove ownership of a car with no type of legal registration.

In 1991 Junior Johnson was suspended from Nascar for some infraction, and all they did was transfer the ownership from him to Flossie Johnson, his wife and change Geoff Bodine's car from number 11 to 97.