Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Only question I have is why is it called Best Motortsports?

Quote Originally Posted by Black F View Post
    Well, they recently took out the very old big screen so I would have to say a drive in theater? Lol
    Cow milking farm .. race track for 4 years then it was a drive in Theater 3 screens if i remember right .then it became LaSalle Speedway
    Add : no i think it was 2 Screens Well it was 2 or 3 screens .... Back in the late 60s you got there late you pull up to a speaker pole in the over flow parking lot...So i have been going to races for a long time and know a lot of people...
    Last edited by Cardirt0; 04-30-2017 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I read this story on DoD as well. That was basicly a interview between Kevin Kovac and Sam Driggers. Sam won't let Tony tell his side of the story for now. I'd like to hear what Tony has to say. I could get his phone # from Mr." I pretty much know everybody in racing" guy

I'm kinda mixed on this deal and just want to hear both sides. That's all.
    Tell you how i know Sheryl Heckenast .. when i worked for D!ck Hedrick Sheryl and her dad use to bring parts down for D!ck all the time.. and got to know her be for she even started racing..I know shes all way loved cars and racing...Got to know her dad well to..Dont mean I know all people but I do know a lot of people that race...

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Sam left according to what has been reported on I think DoD, when he told Izzo he can't race, and it became evident they were going to let him race. When that happened, it was out of Sams' control, and he didn't want to be a part of it. If he stayed, he'd look like he was going along with it. So he did what he felt was right, and probably was, which is to get the he!! outta there.

No dog in this fight, but if Tony was told to not let him race as was reported, then it's on Tony.
    See this is where everyone gets quiet--if it was a UMP race and the UMP big dog was there, wouldn't it be his responsibility to tell the team they couldn't race?

Seems to me the promoter "promotes", brings in the fans, preps the track, stocks the concession stand, takes ticket money etc., and the sanctioning body should run the race. Otherwise what do they do?

If Driggers was so concerned about Best Motorsports, why wouldn't he hop on his four wheeler, tool on down to their rig and make it plain they couldn't race? Wouldn't that eliminate and confusion or questions?

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    Wrong again, actually there are a few Fairbury people that are heavily involved in promoting the I74 Farmer City race, again Lucas was NEVER discussed as a sanction. Cardip$hit please stop calling Lance, he cringes every time he sees your name pop up on his phone.
    I do believe that Gunner is very involved with that race along with some sponsors or money people from the Fairbury area.

Sam left according to what has been reported on I think DoD, when he told Izzo he can't race, and it became evident they were going to let him race. When that happened, it was out of Sams' control, and he didn't want to be a part of it. If he stayed, he'd look like he was going along with it. So he did what he felt was right, and probably was, which is to get the he!! outta there.

No dog in this fight, but if Tony was told to not let him race as was reported, then it's on Tony.
    Can't argue with logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I read this story on DoD as well. That was basicly a interview between Kevin Kovac and Sam Driggers. Sam won't let Tony tell his side of the story for now. I'd like to hear what Tony has to say. I could get his phone # from Mr." I pretty much know everybody in racing" guy

I'm kinda mixed on this deal and just want to hear both sides. That's all.
    I believe the article said that Tony would not comment. What does Tony have to lose by Sam not letting him comment? Nothing. That makes no sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    See this is where everyone gets quiet--if it was a UMP race and the UMP big dog was there, wouldn't it be his responsibility to tell the team they couldn't race?

Seems to me the promoter "promotes", brings in the fans, preps the track, stocks the concession stand, takes ticket money etc., and the sanctioning body should run the race. Otherwise what do they do?

If Driggers was so concerned about Best Motorsports, why wouldn't he hop on his four wheeler, tool on down to their rig and make it plain they couldn't race? Wouldn't that eliminate and confusion or questions?
    I agree. This could have been prevented. It was an avoidable situation that both sides need to take some blame.

Quote Originally Posted by latemodelfan View Post
    I do believe that Gunner is very involved with that race along with some sponsors or money people from the Fairbury area.
    Fairbury has done a lot to help FarmerCity they both run by the fair boards.. So there a good change this is something they doing for each other...I heard some people from there helped set this up but I don't know who...

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    Fairbury has done a lot to help FarmerCity they both run by the fair boards.. So there a good change this is something they doing for each other...I heard some people from there helped set this up but I don't know who...
    Clint didn't call and clear this with you? I thought you knew everything about Farmer City.

I seen that interview. What was said a couple days before the race on the phone and correct me if I'm wrong, was "Don't let Josh Richards race in the Best car." Tony didn't let Josh race in a best car. The entry says it wasn't. That entry was as good as anyone else that night. No one could prove differently that night, not even Driggers. Driggers, instead of doing his job on race night and taking Tony's head off the chopping block and putting his on the block, in case there was a law suit, because it was Drigger's rulel, not Izzo's. This does not sound like a good working relationship between friends, as Driggers explained it. It was under handed and not on Izzo at all. We may all think this sale or lease was for deceptive reasons, but we cant prove a thing yes or no. Even if it was,it would still be legal. They don't even need paper work. A word and handshake is legal as long as both parties agree. They are not registered and this was a unenforceable rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    I seen that interview. What was said a couple days before the race on the phone and correct me if I'm wrong, was "Don't let Josh Richards race in the Best car." Tony didn't let Josh race in a best car. The entry says it wasn't. That entry was as good as anyone else that night. No one could prove differently that night, not even Driggers. Driggers, instead of doing his job on race night and taking Tony's head off the chopping block and putting his on the block, in case there was a law suit, because it was Drigger's rulel, not Izzo's. This does not sound like a good working relationship between friends, as Driggers explained it. It was under handed and not on Izzo at all. We may all think this sale or lease was for deceptive reasons, but we cant prove a thing yes or no. Even if it was,it would still be legal. They don't even need paper work. A word and handshake is legal as long as both parties agree. They are not registered and this was a unenforceable rule.
    Good post......not many people realize oral contracts are binding in a court of law, maybe not in Sams eyes, but they are none the less.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!