Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BloomerHarvickFan View Post
    In 1991 Junior Johnson was suspended from Nascar for some infraction, and all they did was transfer the ownership from him to Flossie Johnson, his wife and change Geoff Bodine's car from number 11 to 97.
    This isn't 1991 and clearly we don't need to justify anything based on NASCAR. But with that said Best never attempted to change the number or sponsors on the car.. no comparison here.

You know best even had it on their schedule and had a press release after the fact about the win. It appears to me that Brock has a huge ego to match WRG and wants to get in a pissing contest with WRG.

Quote Originally Posted by turnleftandgasit View Post
    He didn't get caught in the middle, he installed himself in the middle. He was told what to do and he didn't do it. Good riddance..
    So true...I read the release and I doubt that Sam did anything other than what he said in the release. He knew what he was doing and it sounds like he made a choice. Tony has never really supported WRG or UMP fully. He runs IMCA stuff and a Lucas race.

Honestly hope no tracks take the date to show UMP that they will stick together. (I know that rarely happens but it needs to start)

for what this post is worth, the number did change from five to one

Quote Originally Posted by onlyfacts View Post
    This isn't 1991 and clearly we don't need to justify anything based on NASCAR. But with that said Best never attempted to change the number or sponsors on the car.. no comparison here.

Quote Originally Posted by manwplan View Post
    You know best even had it on their schedule and had a press release after the fact about the win. It appears to me that Brock has a huge ego to match WRG and wants to get in a pissing contest with WRG.
    Good......guy has ballz and is standing up for what he believes is right.

Zero problem with it.

WRG late model leadership is a mess right now, the sport grew up around them and they haven't kept up IMO.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBandit12 View Post
    for what this post is worth, the number did change from five to one
    That change happened in the offseason...
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

So what about Babc0ck racing at Eldora?

Babc0ck's could of been entered under Lawrence Motorsports since "Saus" is crew cheifing for him and not ruinning his own car this year. My guess is they did the same thing Best did at LaSalle.

I don't have a working knowledge of how things are handled when a driver signs in for an event. What sort of information are they required to provide the track about the team?
    Is their proof as to who owns the team required to be provided?
    I understand if a driver is banned. That's pretty clear. That guy cannot be on the track.
    How is who owns the "team" proven?

Actually it's the same thing exactly. Bodine's car was the exact same car. In fact, the first time it rolled out for qualifying the 11 was taped up to form a very awkward looking 97
    Everyone knew it was Junior's team. Same driver, same crew, same cars, same hauler. Different name listed as the owner.
    That seems to be the case here. Same stuff, different name listed as owner.

I don't have a working knowledge of how things are handled when a driver signs in for an event. What sort of information are they required to provide the track about the team?
    Is their proof as to who owns the team required to be provided?
    I understand if a driver is banned. That's pretty clear. That guy cannot be on the track.
    How is who owns the "team" proven?
    It is a pretty simple paper form. The info you provide is considered to be correct. Certainly, you don't submit any kind of proof of ownership of the car, hauler, or any piece of equipment. You just fill in the blank for car owner with a name.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Actually it's the same thing exactly. Bodine's car was the exact same car. In fact, the first time it rolled out for qualifying the 11 was taped up to form a very awkward looking 97Everyone knew it was Junior's team. Same driver, same crew, same cars, same hauler. Different name listed as the owner. That seems to be the case here. Same stuff, different name listed as owner.
    Guess you missed the point..... this isn't NASCAR and this isn't 1991.

Guess you missed the point..... this isn't NASCAR and this isn't 1991.
    You are right about that. If Nascar was like 91, I would be fan of Nascar it would be nascrap like it is today.

To me what I'm gather so far best motorsports found a loophole in the rules. It was legit, for them to enter the race but wrg wasn't having knowing they found the loophole. Wrg is being Nascar changing the rules when ever they feel like it. All parties are to blamed across the board.

Bet your ass if this was Eldora, wrg wouldn't drop their events there. Knowing Tony don't need them to promote his track. Wrg trying strong arm la salla at the end of the day, Because best motorsports found a loophole.

If you think WRG is in the wrong on this dont go to their shows. Go to LaSalle and support Izzo. If you think Izzo and Best is in the wrong dont support them. Simple as that
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kwd1253 View Post
    You are right about that. If Nascar was like 91, I would be fan of Nascar it would be nascrap like it is today.To me what I'm gather so far best motorsports found a loophole in the rules. It was legit, for them to enter the race but wrg wasn't having knowing they found the loophole. Wrg is being Nascar changing the rules when ever they feel like it. All parties are to blamed across the board. Bet your ass if this was Eldora, wrg wouldn't drop their events there. Knowing Tony don't need them to promote his track. Wrg trying strong arm la salla at the end of the day, Because best motorsports found a loophole.
    agree completely

Quote Originally Posted by latemodelfan View Post
    So true...I read the release and I doubt that Sam did anything other than what he said in the release. He knew what he was doing and it sounds like he made a choice. Tony has never really supported WRG or UMP fully. He runs IMCA stuff and a Lucas race.
    That last sentence is getting down to the meat of the problem here. It may not be stated in the rules that IMCA or LOLM is illegal to have, but it doesn't stop you from punishing some track for putting on that LOLM show. Didn't Farmer City ave a problem similar to this?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    That last sentence is getting down to the meat of the problem here. It may not be stated in the rules that IMCA or LOLM is illegal to have, but it doesn't stop you from punishing some track for putting on that LOLM show. Didn't Farmer City ave a problem similar to this?
    Yes they Did the Big race coming up at FarmerCity was to be LLM and they were told they lose UMP so they are running it a a Non S show...

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    If you think WRG is in the wrong on this dont go to their shows. Go to LaSalle and support Izzo. If you think Izzo and Best is in the wrong dont support them. Simple as that
    And I'll add......let the tracks/series know through email or facebook, why you aren't supporting them!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    Yes they Did the Big race coming up at FarmerCity was to be LLM and they were told they lose UMP so they are running it a a Non S show...
    Without a translation I think you're saying Farmer Cirty wanted Lucas Oil or as you say LLM to sanction the May 11/12 race and UMP told them they would lose their UMP sanction if they do that? If so you are as usual full of crap. That show has always been intended to run in conjunction with the UMP MARS ALMS show the following day at Fairbury with those sanctions, Lucas was never even discussed.