Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question $50,000 Cedar Lake June 15-17 MODIFIEDS

I'm just back on the board so maybe this has already been discussed. How many of you fans are coming to Cedar Lake for the $50,000 to win mod show on June 15-17 ?
    Also, how many mod drivers will come to Cedar Lake to compete for the $50,000 top prize ? names ?
    Jim Hanson
    Pine City, Minnesota

Red face

I will be there. I was at Farly Speedway on May 13 and saw Kyle Strickler win 50 thou in a Longhorn Chassis. By the way , it was a modified special with IMCA rules enforced.
    Last edited by Forward Bite; 05-19-2017 at 04:16 AM.

So is anyone else going to Cedar Lake ?, or is it too far North ?

No response to this thread. Okay, who is not going ?

Are you still around Jim Hanson ? If so, are you going to Cedar Lake ?

Who is going to be the driver with the best chance of winning the 50 thousand ? I say Cade Dillard.

Default just Saturday evening--June 17

Quote Originally Posted by Forward Bite View Post
    Are you still around Jim Hanson ? If so, are you going to Cedar Lake ?
    I only live 63 miles from Cedar Lake so I do not camp, but they have great camping. I probably will only be there Saturday evening. I sit just off turn #2 on the backstretch in a director's chair. The bleachers are hard on my legs.
    I see that the Ogilvie, Minnesota speedway is having the USMTS mods on Wed. June 14 as a make-up for a big mod show they had washed out. Ogilvie, MN is around 80 miles from Cedar Lake Speedway, so putting the two sites together, you have racing 4 nights in a row. Pray for no rain.
    Blessings,
    Jim Hanson

Good to know you are still around here. Do you know who all are entered for the big money race ?

Sorry, I don't.

I am betting Ricky Thorthon jr , Kyle Strickler, Ryan Gustin, Rodney Sanders, Cade Dillard, Jason Hughes, and Terry Phillips will be there.

Be cool to see Clayton Wagamon show up and race.

After watching the USMTS race at Deer Creek , Josh Angst could be the one to win the 50 grand. The kid goes for it.

Does anyone know if Michael Long is going to race for the 50 thousand dollars ?

My $$ is on 2 twenty eight of Mars
    To bad people that know it all can't do it all!

You think Mars will be there ?

I believe so...

I believe so... Car belongs to Gerdes

Has anyone seen a list of the drivers entered ? I mean the race is coming soon and I do not know who all are entered. For all I know Jimmy Owens may show up in a Loose Gruuf Chassis.

what rules is this being run under?

Quote Originally Posted by hipower17 View Post
    what rules is this being run under?
    Rules and more info such as format can be found here - http://www.cedarlakespeedway.com/pag...681532-masters. I haven't seen a pre entry list yet.

RULES

USMTS/USRA rules apply with the following variances: Tire permitted is American Racer KK-704 racing tire (no grooving or siping on rear tires). Chip rule is 8,000 RPM. Five-inch spoiler permitted for all cars. Rest of USMTS/USRA spoiler rules will be in effect. All USMTS/USRA shock, spring and body rules will apply. Weight for USMTS/USRA spec engine, USMTS/USRA, Wissota and IMCA-type flat tappet steel head motors and GM 525 crate (standard USMTS rules will apply) will all be 2,450 pounds. Weight for GM 604 crate, USMTS/USRA or Wissota concept engine will be 2,400 pounds. All other engines with 23-degree heads must be 2,500 pounds. Any engine utilizing heads less than 23 degrees will be 2,550 pounds. If utilizing aluminum heads for either option, must add 25 pounds in front of motor plate. All cars are welcome to run this race. For rules questions email tech@usmts.com. Draw for heat race starting spot on Friday ends 15 minutes before hot laps. RACEceivers and AMB transponders are mandatory and available for rent or purchase at USMTS trailer. See complete USMTS rules at www.usmts.com or USRA rules at www.usraracing.com.RU