Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Jimmy Mars knocked out of race on thursday while leading by lap car, with 3 laps to go. Bad call by officals.
    Last edited by Mud; 06-17-2017 at 11:44 AM.

What a shame ! He will be one to watch. Should be fun to watch Kyle Strickler make it into the feature..

any updates ??

Quote Originally Posted by Mud View Post
    Jimmy Mars knocked out of race on thursday while leading by lap car, with 3 laps to go. Bad call by officals.
    Actually, it appeared Jimmy flat out mis-judgeded the speed of the slower lapped car on the backstretch. At the last second he hit the brakes and basically squarely and fairly lightly hit the rear of of the lapped car and then spun around. Didn't appear to be any damage to either car. I don't think it was a bad call.

Jimmy is one my favorite drivers and I was watching him when this happened and they showed the replay numerous times on the track's big screen It sucked, but that is how I saw it.

Too bad the rain played havoc with the race. I felt sorry for Kyle Strickler getting into a wreck in the B. He sure was flying around the high side in the C. Ryan Gustin was leading the 70 lap feature before the rain shut down the race last night. I left the track at 10 PM..

Well, Ryan Gustin won the 50000 thousand. There were only a couple of Hughes chassis entered, but a Hughes chassis ended up in victory lane. Will be interesting to see who wins next year. I hope the weather is better.

Really wish more ump guys would have tried it guys like Gilpin, Harrison,Curl or Mickinny

I was thinking the same. Maybe next year the UMP racers will show up.